Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Man Spends Life Savings on Carnival Game

BiffSplitkins

Manchester, NH (WSYR-TV/CNN) – A New Hampshire man is claiming he was scammed at a carnival after he spent $2,600 on a game of chance, but walked away with nothing more than a giant stuffed banana with dreadlocks.

Henry Gribbohm says the $2,600 he lost represents his life savings. He says he spent the money trying to win gifts for his children.

"You're expecting the kids to win a few things, let the kids have a good time, it just didn't turn out that way,” he said.

READ MORE

"There's a sucker born every minute" ~ David Hannum

• Like 2

wow... poor guy. Maybe that DOUBLE or NUTHIN option should not be allowed? To protect the 'innocent' .

• Like 1

He could have bought a few Xbox Kinect`s with that.

And really??? who goes to a carnival with their life savings?

wtf_face_gif.gif

• Like 3

Getting scammed at a carnival, what did he expect. He should of walked away.

That's why I don't play the games at carnivals. If I do, it's usually the Roller Bowler game. That's the only one I'm any good at plus it only cost 25¢ to play it.

I always laugh when I pass the billiards game at the fair, it's usually being played by a bunch of guys with mullets.

• Like 2

"Henry Gribbohm says he lost his life savings, $2,600, on a carnival game and all he has to show for it is a stuffed banana with dreadlocks."

Is this man really a victim of the carnival worker? Police in Boston are investigating this.

This is just wierd and pathetic to me.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/nh-man-loses-life-savings-on-carnival-game/

carnival.jpg?w=300

I like this one better so you can see what the banana looks like mon! :D

carnival.jpg?w=300

carnival.jpg?w=300

I am loving that banana, wonder if he will take a fiver for it?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

A fool and his money. WTF was he thinking

Whenever you feel down on your luck as far as finances are concerned; once you see something like this, it all seems to feel so much better.

I am loving that banana, wonder if he will take a fiver for it?

Thanks for the laugh XD

• Like 1

I'm guessing the white tank top is the best shirt that he owns, so why not wear it for his media interviews. ^_^

• Like 3

I'm guessing the white tank top is the best shirt that he owns, so why not wear it for his media interviews. ^_^

Nah, I bet his really nice ones have custom stains on them. :D

• Like 1

had to give you a likey for the "white tank top" ??and '"shirt" ??when in fact its neither, its a vest. :D

Edited by freetoroam

had to give you a likey for the "white tank top" ??and '"shirt" ??when in fact its neither, its a vest. :D

Where I come from they're called 'wife beaters' :P

• Like 1

Where I come from they're called 'wife beaters' :P

Where i come from Stellar lager is called a "wife beater".

So he willingly gave up all his money to win an Xbox that he could've bought for 300 (or thereabouts) dollars and we're supposed to feel sorry for him?

He's a gullible man who sacrificed what little he had and didn't have the wherewithal to even think a few seconds before going home to get a wad of money to throw away on a stupid carnival game. I mean, it's not right to take advantage of people either but this man is just as much to blame for his predicament.