Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Mary Rose: Henry VIII's favourite warship

Still Waters

Scientists have stopped spraying the 500-year-old wreck of the Mary Rose with a protective was for the first time in nearly two decades, an historic milestone in the conservation of Henry VIII's Tudor warship. Here is a factfile on the ship's history.

http://www.telegraph...te-warship.html

http://www.telegraph...se-warship.html

• Like 1

Just a heads up, Still Waters, you might change that "protective was" to "protective wax". Makes much more sense then!

That aside, they've been spraying the wax on there since 1982 - holy cow!!

• Like 1

Very cool.....can I just say that another "protection wax" story is that of Saint Bernadette in Never, France. The sight will blow your mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't she a beautiful ship. :blush: Didn't expect ship sexiness when I clicked this, but here I am, pleasantly surprised. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...
More than 30 years after it was raised from the seabed - and almost 500 years since it sank - the secrets of Henry VIII's flagship, the Mary Rose, are being revealed to the public - along with the faces of its crew.

Just yards from where it was first constructed from 600 oak trees near Portsmouth's naval docks in 1510, the wreck of the Tudor warship now stands on view in its new £35m home.

arrow3.gifView: Read more and Clickable images