Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video of orbs?

MD3021

I gave my dog a bath and took a video of him tearing up the bed trying to get dry. When I looked back on the video I noticed what I thought to be a few orbs. The first on seems to come from the middle of the bed, swirl around then shoot out of view. My dog also seems to notice it. The other few kind just shoot straight through. I have had feelings in this room before but have no visual proof. Growing up I had many experiences so maybe I am sensitive? Are these orbs or a ghost or something like that?

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=nHBbGRfJAiM

Ill just copy hazzards post about Orbs from an earlier thread and leave it at that......

Jesus H Christ, people!!

There is nothing paranormal about so called orbs. Orbs (like Rods) are photographic artifacts – specifically bits of airborne dust, water droplets, snow, insects etc, caught in the flash of a camera. With the introduction of the digital flash camera they are so common that most Ghost hunters have lost interest in them. They know what they are.

Some causes of photographic artifacts are listed below, none of them paranormal.

• Dust on the lens.
  • Dirt in the camera.
  • Internal reflections in the lens structure, also known as "lens flare".
  • Deliberate multiple exposures.
  • Objects very close to lens.
  • Poor quality digital cameras.
  • Poor quality optics.
  • Deliberate digital editing of photographs.
  • Flash reflections from shiny objects in the room.
  • Contamination during processing of conventional film.
  • Contamination during printing of conventional prints.
  • Scanner anomalies.
  • Dust on the scanner glass.
  • Bad or outdated film.

Example images here - http://en.wikipedia....ki/Orb_(optics)

Orbs Explained http://pyrrho.s5.com/orbs.html

• Like 2

Did u even watch the video?

I tried to watch it but it says server not found. Tell you what though , I see orbs at times. I've seen orbs appear and i have seen them as they were moving in motion , mainly bright light ones , though I have also seen an orb appear from out of the floor and move slowly as it exited through the wall That one was of another color other than bright white light..

I think orbs are spirits . Of course I'm not referring to dust particles that can appear as orbs in pictures or filming. In speaking of pictires and orbs I have taken a picture one moring a few years ago and noticed an orb that appeared . As i zoomed in I seen a face in this orb , it was of my dog that died a couple or a few months prior . I don't have the picture to share , being that someone had removed pictures I had stored in my camera. The orb that appeared on the picture was in the same place where the dog was at alot. After seeing that I began to realize that orbs are indded spirits. I never really thought much of them before that...

Link is not working for me. What is the title of video? I'll go straight to youtube to see it.

Generally I'd agree with the statement from Hazzard, but I usually will watch the video before making any comments.

I gave my dog a bath and took a video of him tearing up the bed trying to get dry.

Now that is not going to throw dander, dust, and water droplets in the air is it?

• Like 5

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=nHBbGRfJAiM try this again. Or you can go to www.YouTube.com/nothingelsematters31 and it should be the first video there. That is true sakari. Doesn't look like dust to me tho. Just strange that right after my dog stops and looks. But I'm no expert- that's why I'm here!

Are you Ozzy Osbourne?

• Like 1

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=nHBbGRfJAiM try this again. Or you can go to www.YouTube.com/nothingelsematters31 and it should be the first video there. That is true sakari. Doesn't look like dust to me tho. Just strange that right after my dog stops and looks. But I'm no expert- that's why I'm here!

OK. I see the things you're talking about. I don't think they are dust. Maybe bugs, or hair, or feathers. Or maybe something else??

I think orbs are usually spherical and these kind of looked like irregular blobs to me.

Here is a screen capture I made, rotated and blew up, circling the suspected orb.

post-26883-0-89241000-1367355725_thumb.j

It is about twice as long as it is wide. So, probably not a bit of hair. Whatever it is also changes direction. That is my main reasons for thinking it is bugs. Or, maybe feathers moving around in currents from the dog and the video filmer.

My little dog does the same kind of thing after a bath... :tu:

Did u even watch the video?

Yep.

Edited by phantasia

OK. I see the things you're talking about. I don't think they are dust. Maybe bugs, or hair, or feathers. Or maybe something else??

I think orbs are usually spherical and these kind of looked like irregular blobs to me.

Here is a screen capture I made, rotated and blew up, circling the suspected orb.

post-26883-0-89241000-1367355725_thumb.j

It is about twice as long as it is wide. So, probably not a bit of hair. Whatever it is also changes direction. That is my main reasons for thinking it is bugs. Or, maybe feathers moving around in currents from the dog and the video filmer.

My little dog does the same kind of thing after a bath... :tu:

It's definitely not feathers. I didn't see any bugs flying around. I'm glad someone agrees it's not dust or hair. Do u think it is an orb? Or what else could cause an "irregular blob" to change direction and move like that? Thanks

Link still doesn't work for me. I just saw Ozzy (singer not the dog) and when I clicked to watch the video, I received an error.

well,

I see bit of your finger on the side causing a slight blur.

Also, your pet and who ever video recording is moving around, most likely it is dust.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

It's definitely not feathers. I didn't see any bugs flying around. I'm glad someone agrees it's not dust or hair. Do u think it is an orb? Or what else could cause an "irregular blob" to change direction and move like that? Thanks

I'm not a believer in orbs as some mysterious creature, or some mysterious energy discharge, but I do believe in a possible spiritual element to what humans sometimes see. It is usually just that such things don't show up well on video/photographs.

You could always conduct more experiments. All it will cost you is time. Take video of the bed just sitting there. And then again put the dog on and have him walk around (might be hard to do. I know my dog does not follow orders.). Try jumping on the bed once and then taking the video. Try at different times of day. Try with the window open and with it closed. Try after washing the bedsheets.

The experiments will tell you if what you saw is common, and with different situations, the experiments will let you remove variables and remove suspected causes. So if you wash the bedsheets first, then dust from the bed can be removed as a suspect. If the dog is not on the bed, then dog hair is not a suspect. Opening a window, or using a fan would eliminate airborne dust as a suspect. Etc....

Once all physical suspects are removed, that leaves only a few options, such as spiritual causes of the "orbs".

Took another video- used a fan, shook the sheets, had the dog jump on the bed. U can see some stuff when I turn the fan off and after my cat is on the bed. Use some headphones or turn the volume up at 1:02. There is an "orb" that crosses through the screen and I might have accidentally captured a voice. Sounds like "hey." let me know what u think.

I see nothing except you have a moth flying around in the room. Moths are not paranormal last time I checked.

• Like 1

Look MD3021, it seems like you really want this to be paranormal and unexplainable. Common sense and logic will not sway you. If you want to believe that you are experiencing ghosts, spirits, demons, the Holy Spirit, etc instead of something easily explainable then that is your prerogative. Good Luck.

Edited by phantasia
  • Like 2

Hey, MD3021.

Need magic in your life, want that self denial of being more special than other people?

THEN THERE IS Dust, er, orbs in a bag. Impress your friends with photos by throwing this dust in the air. Be the envy the cashiers at best buy, impress your cats, upload to paranormal forums and claim pure proof!

main_dirt63148.jpg

Yours for 15 simple payments of $19.99*

*Posting and handling sold seperately, refunds will be laughed at.

• Like 4