Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NBA's Jason Collins comes out as gay

Commander CMG

My personal opinion - this is simply a ploy to guarantee that he gets picked up by another team for next season.

You've got an end of career guy who has bounced around between 6 teams over the last 12 years. Chances are he wasn't going to get picked up next year. But now, he publicly comes out and suddenly if he's not picked up, it's because the league is homophobic - the NBA can't have that, now can they.

• Like 1

Yeah saw this on the TV,why is this such a big deal in the USA.

Is North America Homophobic ?

Not really, but masculine activities (like sports, for instance) are still having a tough time dealing with the subject.

It doesn't bother me at all.

I was just pointing out that there are many other sexual attractions that involve consenting adults and/or inanimate objects. Shouldn't a young person with that type of sexual attraction have a strong role model too?

All i am saying is that it is your personal sex life, why make it public?

Edit. That goes for straights too

PB, I agree with your sentiment. Arbenol a couple posts back sums it up pretty well; it shouldn't matter.

With that said, this particular group of people have been oppressed recently and still are in areas around the world. Even here in the U.S., there is still a lot of oppression, so whenever someone in the limelight comes out, it reinforces the fact that it's not some forbidden practice, or a demonizing practice. To you and where you live, this may be common sense. Pay attention to some American posters on here, you'll see what I mean.

I mean, look up the origin of the word '******'. Why did Elton John stay in the closet so long, he's clearly gay?

Edit: Didn't know the word that's derogatory towards gay males was censored on the site.

Edited by green_dude777
  • Like 1

He's a good baller.

average at best, especially for a 7 footer, do your research

Good for him and it took courage.

Doesn't it really take courage to be a gay, 7' tall black mans' boyfriend? :cry: That's gotta hurt.

LOL

• Like 2

average at best, especially for a 7 footer, do your research

1339891205468_Sharenator_Marijuana-s318x335-345333-535.jpg