Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last rhinos in Mozambique killed by poachers.

Coffey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/mozambique/10028738/Last-rhinos-in-Mozambique-killed-by-poachers.html

This utterly disgusts me. I hope the rangers tell the court everything so the poachers are also caught.

• Like 1

And people cry out that zoos are inhumane, but THIS is exactly why we need zoos! Some animals are not allowed to exist in the wild and need to be fenced off from threats like this. It's not fair, not at all. They should be allowed to roam in the wild, but until that day comes, zoos are the only safe habitat some animals have.

And people cry out that zoos are inhumane, but THIS is exactly why we need zoos! Some animals are not allowed to exist in the wild and need to be fenced off from threats like this. It's not fair, not at all. They should be allowed to roam in the wild, but until that day comes, zoos are the only safe habitat some animals have.

Not Zoos but enclosed national parks with max security.

I wonder what the poachers will poach next when Rhinos and Elephants die out? Lions? Hippos? I hope not

• Like 3

We must thank for that fantasy based medical practices "thousands of years old", and etc BS...

• Like 1

Snipers paid to watch over these animals would stop poachers. :gun:

"No poaching area. This area is guarded by top of the line snipers." :yes:

• Like 1

Snipers paid to watch over these animals would stop poachers. :gun:

"No poaching area. This area is guarded by top of the line snipers." :yes:

Completely agree. Don't need this sort of **** in the world anymore. We have done enough damage. Start getting rid of those who do this kind of thing.

First we will wipe out every known species on earth, then we will turn the barrel on ourselves. And for what ,greed. This is another prime example of mankind's Vulgar display of greed and our(man's) destructive nature all in one instance. Sad indeed.

Edited by ancient astronaut

I hope they get them all.

The irony here is what crimes are the poachers going to pursue now that the last rhinos are dead?

Obviously migrate to other areas of operation but still if these people aren't stopped there will be no rhinos and elephants to be poached anymore.

Not that I'm defending the poachers however there would be no poachers if there was no market for these animals. For some it is the only way to make any income. The poachers are just a product of a deeper issue.

Not that I'm defending the poachers however there would be no poachers if there was no market for these animals. For some it is the only way to make any income. The poachers are just a product of a deeper issue.

Wrong, lion fur, hippo meat, Zebra coats etc etc.

Zoos are inhumane. Ever been to jail?

These animals should be free. Yet, the human population of the planet is always a billion short.

Instead of occupying Africa with our military and taking interest in African countries' growth and internal affairs, we should bomb Africa with condoms instead. So long as sodomy remains so politically incorrect, we're going to continue wiping things out species after species. In a country where everyone can afford his/her condoms, we should teach ourselves how to have amazing sex with no chance of pregnancy.

Wrong, lion fur, hippo meat, Zebra coats etc etc.

By 'these animals' I meant any animal that is poached for monetary gain.

It's true. While I could never kill such a majestic animal for sport, lions in Africa are managed properly because rich hunters will pay big bucks to shoot one. In the past villagers would kill lions because the threat to people and livestock, where hunting is legal and managed properly the villagers will now kill the poachers because they are now theivs of a very valuable animal. They also strive to protect the population so that their income can continue. Understanding the economics of the situation is the only thing that will save our animals. Animal rights people like to make noise, but they rarely put their money where their mouth is.

Take the tule elk in California, the gold rush brought them to the brink of destruction. There were 27 of them left on a farm in Fresno I think. The Rocky mountain elk foundation ( a hunting organization) stepped in and brought them back. The herd is over 2,000 now thanks purely to the passion of hunters. Now the activists want to eliminate what little hunting and Managment is done on the herd. It's rediculouse. An animal that has economic value is far better protected than an animal that does not. It's not necessarily fluffy and nice but it's the truth. If you want to save an endangered animal create a well managed market for it. Only money can save it because dollars are votes. $100,000 from a rich Japanese hunter to kill a rhino will go a long ways to hire snipers to protect the rest of the herd and conserve habitat. Relying on donations from the 'all to generous and rich' activists is just not going to happen. Nor is taxing already poor populations.

Look up sustainable development.

Edited by Seeker79