Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5yr old kills Sister with Gift

The Id3al Experience

Where do you get your bull**** facts from over there across the pond?

probably not from the NRA website, as others.

Guess that there are exceptions to the rule. But then again, if cars were used only twice a year there would be no need for innovations...or big roads for that case.

Did you ever see the movie Driving Miss Daisy? Especially thinking back to the time, not so long ago in the fifties, when there was only one car per household. Women rarely had to drive and it made of lot of them nervous when they did. This is when women had a reputation of being bad drivers. We know better now of course.

This story made my soul sink. We are a nation of idiots.

i don't see your point at all.

so industry makes guns for kids, becouse kids can't handle full size adult guns, i see nothing wrong with that.

There is a big difference between people having guns because they use them for hunting to those who use them for their protection in urban areas. I do not believe at all that children in urban areas should have guns if they are bought for them as a means of protection. The god damn parents should be protecting their children.

Are you telling me that all those 'millions" of children are bought guns because daddy is taking them on hunting trips at the weekend?

But my main point was these companies are making guns for children while the government is trying to make gun purchases for adults more difficult...do you not see the irony in that?

This is when women had a reputation of being bad drivers. We know better now of course.

So. Many. Jokes. Can't. Process...

• Like 2

They have to be old leftovers. B) Insurance companies have proven otherwise. :whistle::-*

Where do you get your bull**** facts from over there across the pond?

Not from the NRA website, that is for sure.

There is a big difference between people having guns because they use them for hunting to those who use them for their protection in urban areas. I do not believe at all that children in urban areas should have guns if they are bought for them as a means of protection. The god damn parents should be protecting their children.

Are you telling me that all those 'millions" of children are bought guns because daddy is taking them on hunting trips at the weekend?

But my main point was these companies are making guns for children while the government is trying to make gun purchases for adults more difficult...do you not see the irony in that?

I do.... I can't figure out why the government goes against what the people want.

probably not from the NRA website, as others.

Q, you go from one thread with your BS to the next, still spouting your BS. I call it BS because you don't provide sources, you just have one liners like this that have no substance.

Guess that there are exceptions to the rule. But then again, if cars were used only twice a year there would be no need for innovations...or big roads for that case.

Like this statement. If you want to have credibility in a debate, cite your sources. I'm inclined to believe you don't have any sources, because you made it up.

Yet another lethal weapon left carelessly lying around for children to get. These stories aren't even shocking anymore, just common gun accidents in the U.S of A. Like the kid with the semi-automatic hand gun, where he get that from . Mom and Dads bedside table?

Maybe an i.q test should be compulsory.

not an iq test.. some parents should not be parents. simple.

• Like 5

ratio of accidents against total number of owners. it sure tells you how many ppl are capable of handling guns in a safe maner. i don't get what capabilities of the owners you talking about

To start with, nobody knows how many people in the US actually own a gun, because there is no place to look it up. The only nearly valid data we have is from Gallup and GSS, and they show that, despite the claims from interested parties gun ownership is declining overall in the US:

gun-ownership-declining1.png

Edit: Source

So, right there your nice statistics already have a hole the whole Republican Party can walk through (Elephant and all). While that may not be the case in all states (in fact some have increased gun ownership, but that is a minority) we can safely conclude that most of the pistols and shotguns are owned by 10%-15% of the households, another 20-30% have a long gun (including some .22 in the back of the closet). And that makes your statistics look abysmal.

Then we have those guns belonging to elderly people, and from the little I know from my friends and family, you can use those for about anything except to shoot with for lack of maintenance, you can safely discount them too.

Last, but not least, there is neither enough ammunition sold to fire 6 shots out of each of those guns that (supposedly) exist once a year nor are there enough shooting ranges in the country to do that.

So, I guess we go back to the drawing board.

Edited by questionmark

Wow, terrible parenting and horrendous regard to gun safety. You know I'm all about the second amendment but this is more about idiot parents. One, leaving a gun lying around as they did. Two, not realizing there was a bullet in it? Third, although I think it's ok to teach a young kid to shoot I really don't think real guns should be made to look like toy guns with fluorescent colors and swirly colors. They should look as they are... Raw, intimidating and meant to be respected. Guns can be fun but they shouldn't be taught as fun until the kid is not such a kid anymore. I'm not advocating any special laws, just sensibility.

• Like 4

As I just read someone else's post... What I meant to say is guns shouldn't be marketed to kids.

• Like 2

As I just read someone else's post... What I meant to say is guns shouldn't be marketed to kids.

Should kids be able to hunt with their family?

If your answer is yes, then they do need smaller guns.

I do not have any issue with hem being marketed for kids, and clearly for hunting.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Well, I'm not for infringing on the 1st amendment, I will say that marketing a product to a demographic that isn't allowed/can't purchase the item is kind of dumb. Shouldn't be illegal though... what should happen, and seems like it won't, is that whoever was the legal guardian at that time should be charged with neglect of some kind.

it really doesn't make any difference why a parent buys a gun for his kid, and where they live. lots of ppl hunt with kids, and also take them to shooting range, i don't see why kids that live in big city should not be able to go hunting or to shooting range.

yes i am saying millions of kids go hunting and shooting with parents, and kid's, and youth's rifles sales numbers prove it. as for protection, well, parents are not always home, especially after kid turns 8, it is legal to leave him at home alone, there were few known events where kids took parents gun and protected their house from intruders. you tube even has them. someone even linked one on those on the forum in other antigun thread.

it really doesn't make any difference why a parent buys a gun for his kid, and where they live. lots of ppl hunt with kids, and also take them to shooting range, i don't see why kids that live in big city should not be able to go hunting or to shooting range.

yes i am saying millions of kids go hunting and shooting with parents, and kid's, and youth's rifles sales numbers prove it. as for protection, well, parents are not always home, especially after kid turns 8, it is legal to leave him at home alone, there were few known events where kids took parents gun and protected their house from intruders. you tube even has them. someone even linked one on those on the forum in other antigun thread.

It does make a difference why a parent buys a gun for a kid! as I have said in my post...There is a big difference between people having guns because they use them for hunting to those who use them for their protection in urban areas. I too do not see why kids that live in a big city should not be able to go hunting, thats not what I said!!

As for your bit on the protection!!! so what you are saying is the parents are out and the child is left alone with accessible guns which are NOT locked away? Do you want to rethink that comment?

Well, I'm not for infringing on the 1st amendment, I will say that marketing a product to a demographic that isn't allowed/can't purchase the item is kind of dumb. Shouldn't be illegal though... what should happen, and seems like it won't, is that whoever was the legal guardian at that time should be charged with neglect of some kind.

I said no special laws needed, just sensibility. If guns are marketed towards kids at least at least make them look like 'grown up guns' and not toys.

• Like 3

I said no special laws needed, just sensibility. If guns are marketed towards kids at least at least make them look like 'grown up guns' and not toys.

And make sure that actual grown-ups buy them.

• Like 1

Don't worry, I agree. The snippet about the law is to prevent the idea, not a response to your quote.

It does make a difference why a parent buys a gun for a kid! as I have said in my post...There is a big difference between people having guns because they use them for hunting to those who use them for their protection in urban areas. I too do not see why kids that live in a big city should not be able to go hunting, thats not what I said!!

As for your bit on the protection!!! so what you are saying is the parents are out and the child is left alone with accessible guns which are NOT locked away? Do you want to rethink that comment?

Seriously, this again? We already went over this when that boy in Texas had access to his firearms and defended the home. It's also the same thread where everyone not from the U.S. was stunned that I had my own rifle when I was 5 years old, and even more stunned that I could have gotten the gun out of the cabinet since I was 9.

To sum that up again, yes. Responsibility isn't tied to an age, it's tied to a mindset. When I was 12, I would have been fully capable to defend the home in the absence of my parents.

• Like 1

I hope you're not implying minors can buy guns.... If you are, I would expect a source.

I guess I should just lower my expectations of you and your contribution to a debate.

I hope you're not implying minors can buy guns.... If you are, I would expect a source.

I guess I should just lower my expectations of you and your contribution to a debate.

Not everybody over 18 is actually a grown-up. That is what I am talking about. And there are no laws needed as long as all behave like grown ups, sadly that is not the case and never has been.

EDIT: and sincerely, I could not care a hoot what you think of me... in fact I would be pretty ashamed if certain people thought well of me.

Edited by questionmark

Why do guns always have to be used for hunting? There is a vast majority that don't live in the inner city or the extremely rural areas. I grew up the the suburbs, my Dad never hunted, but was an avid gun collector. We would go out hiking in the woods, on private family property, on Sundays and target practice. I've had a gun in my hands since I was six and always knew how to get to the guns in the glass gun cabinets. Then I was babysitting my newborn nephew at the age of nine, which is considered child abuse now.

There is, for the most part, a huge difference in how kids are raised today than 40 years ago. We were taught to not drink bleach and how to use it instead of locking it up where it can't be reached. With all of the child safety locks, rules and regulations it's a wonder we survived our childhoods. I feel bad for the kids that aren't raised with some sort of responsibility. They are in for a rude awakening when they have to fend for themselves.

That said, I don't think guns should be made to look like toys, as Mr. Fess and others have said...unless they shoot water.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

Well duh...no one that tries to get away with the age requirements wants one of those.

• Like 1

In southern Kentucky, where children get their first guns even before they start school, Stephanie Sparks paid little attention as her 5-year-old son played with the rifle he was given last year.

If this is so and the government know it, then how does the laws on gun ownership work here...or doesn`t it?

The rifle was made by a company that sells guns specifically for children - "My first rifle" is the slogan - in colours ranging to hot pink and multi-colour swirls.

unbelievable!!!!

I can't wrap my head round it Freetoroam! Whilst I respect the American folks to have their rights to their own gun culture. I can't help but think that the most dangerous thing here in the UK that we buy for our kids for birthday's etc is probably a trampoline :unsure2:

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 1

Well, what about BB guns?

I mean, kids that are 7 or 8 like BB guns. A Christmas Story ring a bell? You'll shoot your eye out kid! My husband and I bought our 10 year old nephew a BB gun, last year at Christmas. He lives in the city, but he loves it!

There kinda what every little boy wants. And BB guns are marketed to kids. Heck, their are even pink camo ones! (I want one of those, I love pink camo. I know! I'm weird)

So, does anyone have a problem with BB guns? Just asking a question, is all. I understand that there is a huge difference in a .22 and a BB gun. Just asking a question guys. I also think 5 is a little too young to be handling a .22 without parental supervision. That's just stupid.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1