Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5yr old kills Sister with Gift

The Id3al Experience

of course it is wrong, lol. cuz you said so, lol

Does it include criminals? cos I hear they are a big problem with gun ownership.

Anyway, ps from the link:

Many aspects of the gun control issue are best measured and sometimes can only be measured through
but the accuracy of such surveys depends upon respondents providing truthful answers to questions that are sometimes controversial and potentially incriminating.
Edited by freetoroam

I would be impressed if you were able to defend your family from a black bear with a baseball bat. Or better yet, an angry male moose.

So would I!! we do not have black bears roaming the streets of London, not last time I was there anyway.....or angry male moose.

But I have said there is a difference between rural and urban life in an earlier post.

I do not and will never get my head round a parent leaving a child alone with the "responsibility" of looking after the household with a loaded weapon...just in case!

Children are not left alone with the responsibility to "look after" the household. They are left home, as any normal child is, who is old enough not to need a babysitter. The majority of robberies happen during the day, when most adults are at work. Children are often taught not to let anyone know they are home alone and are instructed not to answer the door to strangers. This leaves the intruder to believe no one is at home therefore it is "safe" to break in. These people almost never work alone. The first thing children should be taught is if there is a way to safely get out of the house to do so and run to a neighbors to call the police. If this is impossible they will have the means to protect themselves.

This happens in the best of neighborhoods because they have the nicest things. It's all well and good to know we all look out for each other, as we do in our neighborhood, but when everyone is at work they aren't much good are they. Even if the neighbors are at home you can't guarantee someone will be looking out their window in the few seconds it takes someone to break in.

Edited by Michelle

That's even more impressive, that was a grizzly. Even if the bear was sick, still an impressive feat.

Although, take a look at comments at the bottom of that article.. Everyone going out into the wilderness of Alaska should know to take a firearm, and not a small one.

Category

Percentage Owning

a Firearm

Households 42% Individuals 30% Male 47% Female 13% White 33% Nonwhite 18% Republican 41% Independent 27% Democrat

23%

Does this include criminals? cos I hear they are a big problem with gun ownership.

Anyway, ps from the link:

Many aspects of the gun control issue are best measured and sometimes can only be measured through surveys,[1] but the accuracy of such surveys depends upon respondents providing truthful answers to questions that are sometimes controversial and potentially incriminating.

it includes, all regestered owners, that fbi\atf know about, (no need to guess, or ask public opinion, there are entries in database) there is more of those that badges don't know about, how many of those are there? we don't know , numbers given are those that we know.

crminals or not, it depends, if they bought gun legaly, regestered it, and than commited a crime, than yes those criminals would be included.

So would I!! we do not have black bears roaming the streets of London, not last time I was there anyway.....or angry male moose.

But I have said there is a difference between rural and urban life in an earlier post.

We have bears in the suburbs too. Guns are not as black and white as you make it sound and it's not all rural and urban either. There is a lot of in between.

it includes, all regestered owners, that fbi\atf know about, (no need to guess, or ask public opinion, there are entries in database) there is more of those that badges don't know about, how many of those are there? we don't know , numbers given are those that we know.

crminals or not, it depends, if they bought gun legaly, regestered it, and than commited a crime, than yes those criminals would be included.

The ATF does not know all owners, in fact they don't even know a fraction of the owners because there is no registry. The ATF does not register gun owners either. All estimates about how many guns there are in the States are made based on how many are sold and the average life span of a gun. It says absolutely nothing about how many of those guns already went the way of the Dodo or how many are now in Mexico.

The ATF does not know all owners, in fact they don't even know a fraction of the owners because there is no registry. The ATF does not register gun owners either. All estimates about how many guns there are in the States are made based on how many are sold and the average life span of a gun. It says absolutely nothing about how many of those guns already went the way of the Dodo or how many are now in Mexico.

And that's exactly how we want to keep it. No one can come knocking on my door looking for 'x' type of weapon to confiscate it from me in the future.

nonsence.

of corse they do.

those guns that are regestered are know to fbi , may be atf is not as informed, but between the two they know. everytime someone buys a gun and dealer calls fbi for background check, they know you just bought a gun.

not to mention local pd, they are the ones that issue permits where requied, they know for sure.

where do you think list of owners came from, when stupid newspaper published it.

Edited by aztek

We have bears in the suburbs too. Guns are not as black and white as you make it sound and it's not all rural and urban either. There is a lot of in between.

I am not making it to be black and white, anything but if you read over the past posts.

My issue is not bears, its children left unattended with accessible guns.

Children are not left alone with the responsibility to "look after" the household. They are left home, as any normal child is, who is old enough not to need a babysitter.

really? not according to some on here...again, please see past posts.

That's even more impressive, that was a grizzly. Even if the bear was sick, still an impressive feat.

Although, take a look at comments at the bottom of that article.. Everyone going out into the wilderness of Alaska should know to take a firearm, and not a small one.

Hell, yes.

nonsence.

of corse they do.

those guns that are regestered are know to fbi , may be atf is not as informed, but between the two they know. everytime someone buys a gun and dealer calls fbi for background check, they know you just bought a gun.

And they also know that you sold it a month later or gave it to a pawn shop or that it was a present for your daddy's birthday? They know squad, because if they did most gun crime would be resolved in no time.

And they also know that you sold it a month later or gave it to a pawn shop or that it was a present for your daddy's birthday? They know squad, because if they did most gun crime would be resolved in no time.

bull crap.

no one sells his regestered gun or gives it away without transfer, and what makes you think most gun crime doesn't get resolved?

again your MOST imagination, back it up, show us numbers of all gun crimes against unresolved. we will figure ourselves what is most and what is not.

and also i can help but laugh, how would a gun crime get resolved in no time if there is no gun found??? bullet prints proved to be useless by nypd. so that wont help.

Edited by aztek

bull crap.

no one sells his regestered gun or gives it away without transfer, and what make syou think most crime doesn't get resolved?

Where did I say "not resolved". Besides, again, except in a few states, there is no such a thing as a gun registry. As far as I remember only 9 out the 50 states require a registration. And, unless required by state law, on your background check it says nothing about what kind of a weapon you bought nor does it say if you actually completed the purchase after the check came back.

Been watching too much CSI? That is a TV show!

bull crap.

no one sells his regestered gun or gives it away without transfer, and what makes you think most gun crime doesn't get resolved?

again your MOST imagination, back it up, show us numbers of all gun crimes against unresolved. we will figure ourselves what is most and what is not.

http://anepigone.blo...r-by-state.html

Does not say how the crimes were committed, but will refer to this at the bottom of the page:

Experts say that homicides are tougher to solve now because crimes of passion, where assailants are easier to identify, have been replaced by drug- and gang-related killings. = now correct me if I am wrong, but are these not generally gun related?

Edited by freetoroam

now correct me if I am wrong, but are these not generally gun related?

they are if we talking about shootings. but overall 80% of all crimes are commited by gangs, according to fbi. btw those are all murder not just by gun.

Where did I say "not resolved". Besides, again, except in a few states, there is no such a thing as a gun registry. As far as I remember only 9 out the 50 states require a registration. And, unless required by state law, on your background check it says nothing about what kind of a weapon you bought nor does it say if you actually completed the purchase after the check came back.

Been watching too much CSI? That is a TV show!

you said would be resolved in no time, which implies they are not resolved in no time now. which they are really not, you right about that, but again how would it help if gun is not found, or found with no serial.?? btw spare barrels 20-150 a peice, swap it, and your gun is clean, unless you left a shel, and if you did, slides(with firing pin)and ejectors are available everywhere. and if you have revolver, no worrys about shells,

federal law requires background check for all gun purchases, or transfers, even if permit not required. that is why all dealers ned ffl (FEDERAL firearm lisence), not state. all state dealer reqire to fill out forms, and do background checks, regardless of state laws

btw, that show is garbage, i like comedy shows.

Edited by aztek

I am not making it to be black and white, anything but if you read over the past posts.

My issue is not bears, its children left unattended with accessible guns.

really? not according to some on here...again, please see past posts.

I have read them, thank you...and you keep repeating the same thing about not being able to wrap your mind around leaving a child responsible for the household...albeit with different variations. They aren't left at home to defend the house any more than I am at home to defend our house. I don't see a gun any differently than having a fire extinguisher. If the fire is too big you need to get out of the house, but if you are trapped somewhere, without an exit, you would at least have a chance with the fire extinguisher.

• Like 1

I have read them, thank you...and you keep repeating the same thing about not being able to wrap your mind around leaving a child responsible for the household...albeit with different variations. They aren't left at home to defend the house any more than I am at home to defend our house. I don't see a gun any differently than having a fire extinguisher. If the fire is too big you need to get out of the house, but if you are trapped somewhere, without an exit, you would at least have a chance with the fire extinguisher.

I've told this before, but I have a friend who shot an intruder and got a pat on the back from police. He was ten.

• Like 2

they are if we talking about shootings. but overall 80% of all crimes are commited by gangs, according to fbi.

you said would be resolved in no time, which implies they are not resolved in no time now.

federal law requires background check for all gun purchases, or transfers, even if permit not required. that is why all dealers ned ffl (FEDERAL firearm lisence), not state.

btw, that show is garbage, i like comedy shows.

And thanks to the NRA the federal government is prohibited from registering arms. And there is no such a thing as a federal firearm license. Don't know where you got that from. The only firearm licenses that exist are from the states. All the Federal government does is regulate who may buy a gun, which is all who have no screw loose in their brain or are not convicted felons. And that is all they register, that somebody asked if he could buy a gun and the answer they gave to that.

And home alone.

(Edit to add to last post).

Edited by Sweetpumper

. And there is no such a thing as a federal firearm license. Don't know where you got that from.

lmao. realy??

Federal Firearms License

A Federal Firearms License (FFL) is a license that enables an individual or a company to engage in a business pertaining to the manufacture of firearms and ammunition or the interstate and intrastate sale of firearms. Holding an FFL to engage in certain such activities has been a legal requirement within the United States of America since the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

all dealers are ffl holders,

.Licensees must maintain records of all firearms receipts and dispositions, including the name, age, and place of residence of purchasers.

http://www.atf.gov/f...ome-an-ffl.html

after that i se no point to argue with you, if you deny common knowlege and obviuos facts.

good bye, you will be in good company of likeminded ppl on my ignore list.

Edited by aztek

http://anepigone.blo...r-by-state.html

Does not say how the crimes were committed, but will refer to this at the bottom of the page:

Experts say that homicides are tougher to solve now because crimes of passion, where assailants are easier to identify, have been replaced by drug- and gang-related killings. = now correct me if I am wrong, but are these not generally gun related?

The majority of the time the people who resort to stabbing or shooting their significant others are involved in gangs. They have a completely different mindset where most of us would never even think of slapping someone across the face. I've started looking up the criminal histories of the people in the news who assault their partners and most of them have very long rap sheets. It makes me furious they aren't still in jail.

• Like 1

I've told this before, but I have a friend who shot an intruder and got a pat on the back from police. He was ten.

I know lots of cops and they applaud every time someone takes a dangerous criminal off the streets. They've usually arrested them so many times they know them by name.

• Like 2