Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ex-mayor of London links US policy to Boston

Clarakore

“Very often, people get incredibly angry about injustices that they see,” Ken Livingstone said Friday, according to a transcript by the Middle East Media Research Institute, a nonprofit. “They would have been reading about the torture at Guantanamo Bay, at Baghram airbase. They would have read stuff about how, I think it is 54 different countries secretly collaborated with America for this rendition — people being snatched off streets taken to be tortured, because the Bush regime believed that they were all potential terrorists.“

There was such ignorance in the Bush White House about Islam and about the history of so many disputes that exist in the Middle East. People get angry — they lash out,” he continued. “… It’s the whole squalid intervention that has disfigured the record of the Western democracies. I think this fuels the anger of the young men, who — as we saw in Boston — went out, and, out of anger and demand for revenge, claimed lives in the West.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/29/former-london-mayor-blames-us-boston-bombing-attac/

He's not lying.

I always remember the video of US troops running over an Afghanistan locals car with their tank and laughing at him. His car happened to be his taxi and livelihood. He had a family to feed and they done that to him. Would you be surprised if he joined Al Qaeda after that?!

• Like 2

I can only hope he did not become our enemy just because we proved to be his. That video is in the second link below.

Humvee runs over woman who was a law-abiding citizen & @ the 51 second mark pushes a car off the road for no good reason.

& fires on children, "It is their fault for bringing their kids into a battle," was the justification given so nevermind that it was in the middle of a city they lived in. Another soldier begs to, "Come on let us shoot."

We create our own enemies. Can only hope after seeing these videos we also create citizens here who want to see an end to this War on Terror which can at times seem like a war on law-abiding citizens. I think our government shrugs their shoulders and calls it collateral damage.

There is another video but the languge is inapproriate at the very end; yt search term: humvee traffic driving in baghdad

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

In the interests of balance, though, before he relaunched himself as Cuddly Ken, the caring Mayor, he was notoriously known as "Red Ken" and was mrs. T's and Ron's avowed enemy.

• Like 1

Not that I'm saying there might not be some truth in what he says, mind.

• Like 1

Well, umm, duh?

Sorry for the simplified statement above, but realistically what would be the alternative? 'Men attack U.S. for no reason at all'? Of course it has to do with U.S. policies. Anyone who hadn't come to this conclusion is, quite simply, an idiot.

• Like 2

Well, umm, duh?

Sorry for the simplified statement above, but realistically what would be the alternative? 'Men attack U.S. for no reason at all'? Of course it has to do with U.S. policies. Anyone who hadn't come to this conclusion is, quite simply, an idiot.

Ladies and gentlemen: War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children.
We have been reminded that cruel and inhuman acts can be derived from distorted theological beliefs, as suicide bombers take the lives of innocent human beings, draped falsely in the cloak of God's will. With horrible brutality, neighbors have massacred neighbors in Europe, Asia, and Africa.

In order for us human beings to commit ourselves personally to the inhumanity of war, we find it necessary first to dehumanize our opponents, which is in itself a violation of the beliefs of all religions. Once we characterize our adversaries as beyond the scope of God's mercy and grace, their lives lose all value. We deny personal responsibility when we plant landmines and, days or years later, a stranger to us — often a child – is crippled or killed. From a great distance, we launch bombs or missiles with almost total impunity, and never want to know the number or identity of the victims.

From Jimmy Carter's Nobel Lecture in 2002.

• Like 2

Not trying to justify anything here but the fact is US and British vehicles and convoys were under strict orders to shove cars out of the way or run over anything necessary while driving down the the streets of occupied cities in Iraq to keep moving. If you were in one place you were in danger of being attacked. I was in Cabo San Lucas during the war and shared a taxi with a soldier on leave. We were in a busy part of the city and got stuck in traffic. The soldier started to panic, tapping the driver on the shoulder saying 'Drive drive drive drive!' I had to talk the poor guy guy down from his panic attack putting my hand on his shoulder and asking whats wrong? He nearly jumped out of his skin, pale as a ghost and told me about how he was in several incidents were he was in vehicles in Iraq while stuck in traffic they came under fire and people died. I reminded him we were in Mexico and nobody was going to shoot. He got out and walked.

That little anequdote shared, I have to say I'm surprised there have not been many more attacks like this due to the war of, er I mean on terror.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Imagine being the

right after the 2:55 minute mark? Lucky him, right? He gets to live that day...

I read the whole first paragaph including the initial disclaimer but it seems imbalanced with just one sentence at the end there OverSword. What about the lady (1st link post #3 above) they ran over who was in the crosswalk? Such a terrible loss of life...

...then when we think they did it for profit it puts things into perspective because our enemies on the ground level do not seem to have profits as their motive.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

That's part of the vicious cycle in war. For every negative action that takes place in one area, their is a negative reaction that takes place in another area. It goes on and on, until there is a final victor in the end. If you look at history, there are many perfect examples of this in every war. No one on the sidelines of this chaos is going to convince the participants to just stop, one side or the other, the two main forces involved will continue, until one finally drops out or destroys the other. In war, there is no morality, no one gives a damn, which is the way it always goes. Those who want peace, want these kind of things to stop, but that's only in a perfect world. Because you see, the sad truth of it is, if there were no men, there would be no wars. Only then, would it be a perfect world.

As long as there are men with different ideas from one another, there will always be conflict, pain, suffering, and death. Trying to influence those powerful forces with peaceful intentions, will only be a whisper in the ears of those in the conflict. The voice of anger is louder and it will suppress the thought of peace at almost every turn. Those who want eternal peace should remember that, when they're still trying to stop these things from happening several years later and nothing has changed. Men thrive on anger and no end of conflict follows, until someone wins.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 2