Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was I in an experiment?

White Crane Feather

So I have a pretty active and sometimes paranoid mind sometimes, but something odd happened tonight.

My wife had won a prescreeing to see the new movie iron man three in 3d.

A few minutes into the film i noticed that nothing was actually in 3d. I took of my glasses, and it was a regular film. Then I looked around and everyone is still wereing their glasses. Thinking there might be something wrong with me, I alert my wife that the movie is not actually in 3d. She takes her glasses of checks a few times, and realizes that I'm right and continues to watch the movies without her glasses. I check occasionally during the action sequences to see if Mabey it turned on or something but... Nop... It was a non 3d movie all the way through.

At least no one that I could see never removed their 3d glasses. Very strange. I felt like the group was being tested.

It's scary how suggestable and unaware people are. All we needed to be told was that the movie was 3d and here are the glasses and everyone ( except my wife and I as far as I could tell) wore them for the whole movie.

What do you think, was this some experiment on the sugestability of the populace, or did the kid in the projector room just put in the wrong one and hardly anyone noticed?

Even if it were an accident, what does it say about how easy it is to control people?

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 4

That said, the 3D itself is very good, with nothing popping out or dipping into the screen more than it should. This is particularly impressive because Iron Man 3 wasn't shot in 3D, but post-converted, a process that often results in ropey visuals and jarring depth mistakes.

Unlike the simply gorgeous Life of Pi, 3D doesn't bring anything extra to Iron Man 3, and there's no sense that it was written, directed or imagined with added visual depth in mind. Having donned my daft 3D spectacles at the start of the film, I stopped noticing the effect entirely after only a few minutes.

That speaks to the subtlety of the film's 3D efforts, but also means there's no added value in a 3D viewing, especially as tickets for these triple-dimensional screenings are more expensive.

http://crave.cnet.co...in-3d-50011002/

The only control of people or experiment that appears to be happening is the studio wanting extra cash without having to do the extra work of actual 3D but seeing if others will still pay for it.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Lol, no you probably were scammed.by the theatre. Do 3D movies cost more to view than normal movies?

Lol, no you probably were scammed.by the theatre. Do 3D movies cost more to view than normal movies?

These were tickets that were won for a pre-screening, so it makes more sense that it was an error. If it wasn't an experiment then I think a few people would have gotten a good idea for an experiment out of it including Seeker lol.

• Like 2

So I have a pretty active and sometimes paranoid mind sometimes, but something odd happened tonight.

A few minutes into the film i noticed that nothing was actually in 3d. I took of my glasses, and it was a regular film. Then I looked around and everyone is still wereing their glasses. Thinking there might be something wrong with me, I alert my wife that the movie is not actually in 3d. She takes her glasses of checks a few times, and realizes that I'm right and continues to watch the movies without her glasses. I check occasionally during the action sequences to see if Mabey it turned on or something but... Nop... It was a non 3d movie all the way through.

At least no one that I could see never removed their 3d glasses. Very strange. I felt like the group was being tested.

It's scary how suggestable and unaware people are. All we needed to be told was that the movie was 3d and here are the glasses and everyone ( except my wife and I as far as I could tell) wore them for the whole movie.

What do you think, was this some experiment on the sugestability of the populace, or did the kid in the projector room just put in the wrong one and hardly anyone noticed?

Even if it were an accident, what does it say about how easy it is to control people?

You do realise those 3d glassed only work for 80% of the population?

• Like 1

Almost certainly just an accident, and says a lot for the quality of 3D films that no-one noticed.

Yeah, they don't work for me either, or if they do, it is so slight that it makes no difference. Don't need them anyway, we actually do see in 3D if we let our imagination go. It is like watching the wizard of oz, when the color comes on, so bright, it is always a surprise, the reason I believe is that we were imposing colors all along, but perhaps did not know it. I would never pay extra for 3D which is obvious.

peace

mark

• Like 1

I think only some movies look good in 3D. I've seen a lot of action superhero movies (a family member always insists on seeing them in 3D) and none of them were impressive. However, I thought Avatar and The Great and Powerful Oz were both pretty neat in 3D.

If that were the case (his vision not allowing him to see in 3D) wouldn't the op notice the picture being distorted after he took the glasses off? With every 3D movie I've been to, the picture looked really weird and not clear at all without my glasses.

I think only some movies look good in 3D. I've seen a lot of action superhero movies (a family member always insists on seeing them in 3D) and none of them were impressive. If that were the case (his vision not allowing him to see in 3D) wouldn't the op notice the picture being distorted after he took the glasses off? With every 3D movie I've been to, the picture looked really weird and not clear at all without my glasses.

3DTVs that require glasses arent actually showing 3D images. What happens is you have two images for each frame. The glasses allow the first image through the left lense and then the second image through the right. Its the brain that assembles both images into a 3d picture.

The frequency at which the glasses operate means that they dont work on 20% of people. They dont see distortion they only see the same 2D image they would do without the glasses on.

I did not know they only work for 20%. But I'm am certainly in the 80% I have seen them there before. So has my wife, we usually avoid them because my wife gets motion sickness quit easily, but she won the tickets.

The whole incident was just strange. Like twilight zone strange. I don't know. It's just odd that no one else noticed.

I never had a problem with 3-D glasses.

If I took them off, the viewing was OK but somehow not fully right, and definitely not 3-D. So, I would put them back on and munch on some more popcorn and enjoy a full 3-D experience.

I must say that I was unaware that some people(20% ?) are not able to experience the 3-D through those glasses.

I would remain skeptical of the 80-20% claim without any sources to verify that.

Iron Man 3 simply was not shot in 3D but had a few scenes added in post-production (through the process of post-conversion). That explains it all.

The Glasses Off Test

If you suspect that your 3D movie really isn't giving you all that you paid for, try removing your glasses at a key moment that seems like it ought to go deep on 3D. The more blur you see, the more 3D effect you're likely to see when you put them back on. Given how little depth the 3D is adding overall, you're probably not surprised to learn that there's not a whole lot of blur to be found in most of Iron Man 3's scenes. But unless you're totally ill, keep them on for the action scenes-- the blur around all that particulate matter is proof of the one part of the 3D that works really well.

To 3D Or Not To 3D: Buy The Right Iron Man 3 Ticket

Here is more information: http://realorfake3d.com/

I would remain skeptical of the 80-20% claim without any sources to verify that.

Iron Man 3 simply was not shot in 3D but had a few scenes added in post-production (through the process of post-conversion). That explains it all.

Supporting evidence - http://edition.cnn.c...nion/index.html

That cnn story says the experts they consulted believe its 4% - 10% not the 20% I quoted. The glasses just dont work on some people!

Edited by Giant Killer B

The eyes just don't work on some people! The eyes.

According to that it is not that the glasses are not working but instead it is the eyes which are not working.

Same difference in the end I suppose...

From the optometrist's perspective, the inability to process stereoscopic imagery is, for many people, a treatable condition. Dr. Brad Habermehl, president of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development, told me, "You don't have to be a 3D refugee if you get to the root of the problem. The majority of stereo-blind people really can be helped."

http://edition.cnn.c...nion/index.html

...this could be the start of discrimination between those who are h+ and those who are not.

Just wait for the google glasses © to come out and see who will be left out due to bad eyes or bad credit, lololol.

The eyes just don't work on some people! The eyes.

According to that it is not that the glasses are not working but instead it is the eyes which are not working.

Same difference in the end I suppose...

http://edition.cnn.c...nion/index.html

...this could be the start of discrimination between those who are h+ and those who are not.

Just wait for the google glasses © to come out and see who will be left out due to bad eyes or bad credit, lololol.

Its about the frequency your vision works at not matching the frequency the glasses work at.

I don't think it does. This movie had no 3d effects what so ever. No even a little. I kept checking.

The other movie goers could have all been zombies and failed to notice.

• Like 1

I gotta say Seeker, sounds to me like either an honest mistake or a case of the oh sh**'s..

You know the moment you realize you screwed up so bad that there is no fixing the problem..

But it does say a lot about the people who sat there and left the glasses on, they never even challenge the validity of the claim of the 3D addition.

Most people seem to be easily deceived due to their innate nature to build social relationships, which are internally needing of some sort of trust.

Power of Suggestion depends on our social drawbacks, and focuses on our tossing of blind trust around..

Here's a social experiment for those of you who haven't personally noticed how ridiculous Power of Suggestion is:

Go to a busy mall or store and introduce yourself as "Mike", say a few words to validate your social relation with that person and then have someone else come and ask them what your name was... Almost guaranteed that they put blind trust in you to provide your real name, in order to establish that social link.(Most people will say "his name is Mike", not "he said his name was Mike")

(I personally liked going to the mall and saying as "Hi my name is Mike, do you think the blue shoes or the red shoes would look better on my big feet?")

Edited by xFelix

@xFelix

That is the most boring social experiment I have ever seen.

Agreed, but it does yield results which seem surprising to some..

Agreed, but it does yield results which seem surprising to some..

It's not suprising we have to trust. You have to trust the clerk, that he didn't poison your apple and your uncle on christmas, that he doesn't set the house on fire.

Sounds like an experiment to me, but it doesn't really show how easy people are controlled, more like how easy people are deceived.

I think the real think you should be wondering though, is was this experiment one to test tolerance to deception? or was there some background conditioning going on?

Sounds like an experiment to me, but it doesn't really show how easy people are controlled, more like how easy people are deceived.

I think the real think you should be wondering though, is was this experiment one to test tolerance to deception? or was there some background conditioning going on?

I'm glad you brought that up. My wife won it from work. She works for intel. The emphasis on new technologies is rampant in iron man movies. It's a good blend of interests. But at least half probably much more of the audience are intel employees.

• Like 1

It's possible then that it might have been just a screening of intel employees to see who/which, if any, were above a certain line or layer of awareness, or something a little more sinister as in conditioning.. or like you said it could be paranoia, though I doubt that coming from you.

I recently watched a documentary on mind control, and what we knew about mind control up until 1973.. What is known about the study and evolution of mind control since 1973 is virtually nothing, so it makes you wonder what devices are being used against us.. The cell phone comes to mind.. I left work just under 2 years ago, and returned about 3 months ago.. The change in peoples behaviour at smoko breaks is phenomenal. The general chit-chat and conversations between friends and colleges has been replaced by facebook games on their damn phones.. The left side of my brain says this is just the joys of technology.. The right side says it's part of a hidden agenda..

It's possible then that it might have been just a screening of intel employees to see who/which, if any, were above a certain line or layer of awareness, or something a little more sinister as in conditioning.. or like you said it could be paranoia, though I doubt that coming from you.

I recently watched a documentary on mind control, and what we knew about mind control up until 1973.. What is known about the study and evolution of mind control since 1973 is virtually nothing, so it makes you wonder what devices are being used against us.. The cell phone comes to mind.. I left work just under 2 years ago, and returned about 3 months ago.. The change in peoples behaviour at smoko breaks is phenomenal. The general chit-chat and conversations between friends and colleges has been replaced by facebook games on their damn phones.. The left side of my brain says this is just the joys of technology.. The right side says it's part of a hidden agenda..

Well I am a kinda paranoid. Actually more than most. I tech self defense for a living. I don't think I really believe it was an experiment, but it makes me wonder. It's precisely the kind of thing a corporation might do.

Edited by Seeker79