Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astrology: evidence of an unknown energy ?

UM-Bot

William B Stoecker: Astrology, the belief that events on Earth are determined by the stars, may be the oldest science…although modern scientists would probably not dignify it with that term. Many of the oldest megalithic structures appear, at the very least, to be aligned to the Sun and sometimes to the Moon, or even to certain stars, and could be used to predict the equinoxes and solstices or even the seasonal and diurnal rising and setting of some stars. Priests in such ancient cultures as Egypt and Babylon practiced astrology and studied the apparent motions of the stars and planets, and our modern five-pointed star symbol comes to us from ancient Egypt, and is based on the angles of inferior conjunctions of Venus and Earth and on the fact that a normal human body has five main projections: a head, two arms, and two legs. Thus the symbol signifies the connection between the stars (as above) and human beings (so below). Many people even today believe in astrology, and studies to determine if individuals born under certain signs tend to share certain characteristics, while perhaps falling short of absolutely proving it, are certainly very intriguing. Mainstream scientists, materialists and logical positivists for the most part, claim that astrology can have no basis in fact because they know of no energy coming from the Sun or other heavenly bodies that could affect us.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 2

We are multi-dimensional beings (existing in many dimensions all at once), all these dimensions affect us at once, their laws govern us to bend or break them is to cause discord between all the dimensions within the human body, thus the soul suffers and the body. Love is a dimension, Hate is a dimension, governed by our virtue through obstacles, by our thoughts we become either stronger or weaker. Thought is the fastest way to travel. The will to resist negative thoughts produces a positive charge in your Chi, which raises you from the negative state that appears to be dominating our souls from the spiritual and physical world.

We tend to look to the universe as we see it for the main source of energy. But in truth you will not find it. It lies behind the physical, in the spiritual.

• Like 2

I've always wondered about the astrological tenet of astral influence.

• Exactly what type of energy is supposed to be involved?
  • Do the stars emit energy that is faster-than-light and not in the electromagnetic spectrum?
  • Wouldn't the emissions of our sun overpower any stellar emissions?
  • How does this energy actually affect our mind and body?
  • How can planets have any effect when they merely reflect solar light, or do they emit this other energy as well?
  • Likewise, wouldn't the earth's emissions overpower the emissions of the planets?

• Like 1

I've always wondered about the astrological tenet of astral influence.

• Exactly what type of energy is supposed to be involved?

Ask yourself what kind of energy is involved in feng shui. Feng shui is basically about how comfortable you feel in where you are, it's a science (if you call it that, I do) used to probe the comfortability and at-home level of homes mostly. Do you feel safe or is there some looming feel of danger and can you eliminate that feeling by making things more lighter in your apartment, can you make it more alive with some plants or aquarium, and so on... decoration science. :) I think astrology's effect can be very similiar, because we live in this astronomically-sized room called universe where the decorations and furnitures are the planets. The connection between feng shui and astrology has been there in eastern (chinese) field at least.

• Do the stars emit energy that is faster-than-light and not in the electromagnetic spectrum?
  • Wouldn't the emissions of our sun overpower any stellar emissions?

I dont know what kind of energy them emit, but you can probably find out it's physical nature if you could map the parts of our brain that are said to be affected by certain astrological factors (planets and their movements), map places where anxiety is formed for example, and look at people's brains when they have transits and see how the levels change in physical world in their brain.

And wouldn't sun overpower the rest in it's energy transmissions? Well, sun is the brightest light during the day if it's not clouded, but does it overpower all other light?

• How does this energy actually affect our mind and body?

I've found mind and body be closely linked in astrology-energy's terms. For example, when I get more attention (Leo sign likes attention), my back feels stronger (Leo is associated with our back in human anatomy -astrology relation). People with more Taurus influence in their chart tend to have nice skin and longevity (associated with skin and throat, known to be good singers too), and people with scorpio emphasis in chart have nice butts. And the condition of body affects directly the mind and the other way around too, that's what I've observed.

How do the energies affect us? The planets are what affect us, they seem to be like big beacons, and the signs (the zodiac in the background) is like a big energy projector which may not be as strong as planets but still there. So I see it. And our birthchart, the moment of our birth when planets were in their places, gives us a label. It's divided to houses, areas in our life like work, fun, love, carefree romance, me, you, public, home, hidden... for example, Pluto is a planet of big or fundamental changes. When it entered my 6th house, house of work (they move there, the current placement of planets compared to our birthchart's houses), I started to feel an urge to change things at work, and an feeling to change workplace and even career too. A very simplified version but here.

• How can planets have any effect when they merely reflect solar light, or do they emit this other energy as well?
  • Likewise, wouldn't the earth's emissions overpower the emissions of the planets?

You tell me. How can planets indeed... feng shui etc.?

Earth is considerably smaller than sun and many other planets. Try to grasp the size of the objects we're dealing with in astrology, try to grasp it in a way that you could actually see them as close as possible but still so far enough that you'd be able to realize their bigness. Like as if they were moving towards us. Even pluto that's 5-10 times smaller than us is still over 1000 km wide.... new york times hundred? I dont know that city's size either lol, but there. You're talking astronomical. And the funny thing is, I've noticed that the way substance is and acts on those planets, seems to have correlation with how they affect our psyche and us. Like stormy neptune, odd uranus, bright sun... this seems to be an older observation, dont know how far back it dates.

• Like 1

And wouldn't sun overpower the rest in it's energy transmissions? Well, sun is the brightest light during the day if it's not clouded, but does it overpower all other light?

Yes, the radiance of the sun is stronger than any other stellar body because of its proximity to earth. And though the earth is smaller than some of the other planets, we live directly on it. Logic would indicate that the influence of the sun and the earth would outstrip any other influence.

Unless...are you suggesting that the astrological energy is not affected by time or distance? That each planet/star emits the same strength of signal?

If that were the case, then every stellar body, including all of the asteroids and all of the stars, would transmit equal amounts of energy and we would have millions of energy waves affecting us all at once.

• Like 1

[/size]

Yes, the radiance of the sun is stronger than any other stellar body because of its proximity to earth. And though the earth is smaller than some of the other planets, we live directly on it. Logic would indicate that the influence of the sun and the earth would outstrip any other influence.

Unless...are you suggesting that the astrological energy is not affected by time or distance? That each planet/star emits the same strength of signal?

If that were the case, then every stellar body, including all of the asteroids and all of the stars, would transmit equal amounts of energy and we would have millions of energy waves affecting us all at once.

It's a fist-rule for astrologers that celestial bodies closer affect the more evident and surfacial behavior & that part of psyche, consciousness, while the further celestial bodies affect more subconscious behavior & psyche.

I'm just stating my and other astrologers' observations here about this, ones that seem to be widely in consensus. I'm not sure if I can say which is the strongest of celestial bodies in general, maybe Sun and Moon are most evident, they're the biggest ones in the sky apart from the zodiac itself. Chart dynamics seem to affect the planets' strength much, because the rulerships of planets (astrological concept, assigning planets signs in which they seem most at home, like action-offensive planet Mars for Aries).

The movement of planets is relatively slow when you put it together with the frequency we make observations about our lives, that we can do every 0,10 seconds if you believe in that fast reflex-observations, normally every 1-2 seconds unless you relax or are spaced out. And planets can take a month to move just one degree, moon around 2 hours a degree and it's speed is far more consistent and it's also the fastest celestial body I know in geocentric view.

And all the millions of asteroids and such influencing us at once... priorisize their power, level of and apparency of influence. Their influence in your chart is most powerful when they conjunct (align with) a planet in your natal (birth) chart. Also when they oppose (180 degree) or trine (120 degrees) or other prime-number angles (72 degrees which is 360/5, for example) and any even-number angles, the smaller the number you divide 360 with the more likely you'll find info about it, and there's the dynamics considering those harmonics too (harmonic is the number you divide the 360 degrees with). For example, 12 is 2 x 2 x 3, so there's 2 x 2 and a 3, two parts of duality/competition and one part of support/understanding. And how close they are to those angles too, not just the exact angles...

And there's also the sign to consider and perhaps even planetary nodes for all planets and maybe even for any celestial body, presuming you can count it (not because it'd be hard to count but because you need to have the calculation to make sense astrologically). So there can be many power-points and the levels of power can vary greatly so... and they all dont affect us at once.

Because we can choose which one(s) we listen and which ones we ignore or suppress. They'll have something called shadow effect on us. For example, if you dont listen to your sun, dont listen what you want but just go with your daily routines work work sleep, you'll become depressed. That would be a more visible shadow effect of a more evident planet for all of us. Those can accumulate over time but we might have a lot of habits and learned ways of life through which we extract the shadow effects and nurture those instincts of ours.

• Like 1

Ps. even though sun is rising or maybe sometimes even up, you can still see the moon. That's what I ment, that it doesn't override our sense of vision, and vision is seeing the light past darkness, or seeing the darkness amidst light. Basically. Reflections of vibrations. You can still see the traffic lights, advertisement lights, fires, car lights, whatever, during day.

David Wilcock's book "Source Field Investigations" rather touches upon this subject. An example is the energy related to DNA itself, or the energy generated by pyramids, of which the Russians have done quite of bit of study and research.

David Wilcock's book "Source Field Investigations" rather touches upon this subject. An example is the energy related to DNA itself, or the energy generated by pyramids, of which the Russians have done quite of bit of study and research.

Energy generate by the pyramids?

:unsure:

• Like 3

MIKKO-KUN SAID-

lots of things about feng shui that i'm not going to quote because deleting the rest of the post would take half an hour.

however-

FENG SHUI-

a test.

take everything in your house, pile it all up in your living room.

invite a feng shui 'expert' to come in and place everything back where he feels would be most beneficial to your house's 'energies'.

take photo's of the locations of everything.

put all your things back in a pile in your living room again.

invite a different feng shui 'expert' to rearrange everything tohow HE feels would be beneficial.

photograph again.

remove everything to front room.

repeat this procedure with 10 'experts', and if the results don't all EXACTLY correspond (as your house's 'energy' would always remain constant), then what you have really is 10 different, rather expensive, interior decorators, not people who are in tune with your house's 'chi' at all.

a rather simple experiment to determine the validity of domestic geomancy i'd think.....?

Edited by shrooma

in regards to the astrology question, isn't everything in the universe gravitationally linked with everything else? everything exerting an influence on everything else?

maybe that's your mysterious force....?

• Like 1

Please forgive me, but it all sounds rather arbitrary. How can one zodiac sign be singled out as an influence when, at any given time, there are multiple constellations visible in the night sky? The constellations themselves are simply collections of stars given a naming label. The stars in a constellation are not "grouped" in space; they are different distances. Additionally, there are stars in the same area of sky as a constellation that are not observable with the naked eye. Do only visible stars emit astrological energy? How does labeling a group of stars "increase" their influence over any other stars visible at the same time?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shrooma, maybe. I was under the impression that gravitational fields only influence certain distance, I'm sure Waspie or someone else with more accurate knowledge on how gravitational fields affect comets and other objects in space could say a word about this, physics ain't my field. I think it's a very good possibility, because I pondered the possibility that Sun was affected by the planets and we'd be affected by the planets in indirect way through the sun as the article suggest, and I'm not sure I can agree to this. A 60km wide object around Neptune shouldn't have much effect on sun, but it has effect in astrology as far as we've seen. Same with a 2km wide object near earth's orbit... miniscule. Maybe that can be it too still, I dont know, but I just think that if those objects in space affect sun, why not us too?

J.K., you make a good point. The whole sky isn't often used in astrology because the planets are not that far from the elliptic as far as I know, around 25 degrees off from it to one side or another. If they were 40 degrees or more off most of the time, the accuracy would decrease and we'd very likely use two zodiacs or more, one for each latitude or each side of the elliptic. This is something I'm still studying because it wasn't in the basics and I'm a beginner still. I think many astrologers pass by this point because we use planets that are inside 25 degrees in elliptic (the earth's average orbit around sun, pardon my possibly wrong terminology). We see more importance on the planets so we leave the rest of the sky usually out, except the stars that might be aligned with the planets or certain points in our charts (midheaven, imum coeli, descendant and ascendant, the four daily-revolving points which vary greatly if you go to the other side of the globe in any direction). This is very likely a topic which'll bring a fundamental change to astrology, something that'll force traditionalists there rethink their view if you want to make more accurate astrology. I dont like studying all the little tidbits of second-hand knowledge as much as pure intuition and that's not so easy to get with fixed stars and other parts of the sky, your local area is easiest but if you dont move to another part of the globe you dont have so good comparison, only surfacial, more shallow comparison. In seeing how the other parts of the sky might affect people living in other countries and areas.

• Like 1

How can one zodiac sign be singled out as an influence when, at any given time, there are multiple constellations visible in the night sky?

your birthsign is judged by the position of the sun along the zodiacal belt on the day you were born.

gravity, mikko, is affected by what's known as the inverse square law. the gravitational force you feel at the earth's surface is 1g.

move 8000mls out into space (the same distance as the earth's surface to the core), doubling the distance from the centre, and you don't feel .5g but .25g double the distance, quarter the force. gravity only diminishes with distance, not disappears. if it did, the universe wouldn't hold together. if the only things in the universe were you, and a hydrogen atom at the other end of the universe, after a (very very very!) long time you'd both be stuck together, through gravitational attraction. scientists have developed instruments so precise, they can detect the moon's gravitational pull on a glass of water. and while the moon may be massive, you have to remember that the glass of water is also pulling on the moon. negligable though it may be, it IS there, so a 60km lump of rock floating around neptune may seem like nothing, it IS having some kind of influence, albeit a miniscule one.

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

I see. That could very well be it. Moon is very much related to medical astrology, to choosing surgery dates for one. Not just full/new moon but whether it deviates from it's assumed latitude and orbit much. Maybe a loooot of psychic abilities stem from being able to sense that gravity and distinquish it's source more accurately, just a sidenote... :D

Energy generate by the pyramids?

:unsure:

It's fascinating, and the Russians have been studying the effects since the late 80's. They have actually built some pyramids in the course of their investigations, though discovered early on that the presence of metals in the pyramid negated the effects. They constructed a few hollow pyramids using PVC pipes for the framing, and some kind of composite or fibreglass for the sides. Amazing medical effects. Dead animals placed inside, for example, do not decompose at the same rate as they do outside the pyramid.

Best summarised by the comedians Newman and Baddiel.... A small number of the infinite astral bodies in our universe have a direct effect on the love lives and financial status of one of the 50 million carbon based species on our planet. The best person to interpret these effects ? Russell Grant. Enough said.

Dont know the guy, google says he's a media figure in Britain. You have taken a reading from him?

• 10 years later...

Tropical astrology is based on the seasons in the *northern* hemisphere. The seasons in the southern hemisphere are reversed—so according to the standard astrological thesis Aries should begin the Zodiac sometime in September in the southern hemisphere — not March. Astrologers generally do not correct for the reversal of seasons below the equator. Southern Aries / Libra believers, etc., don’t suffer an astrological identity crisis. That suggests to me that the power of belief is operative particularly with regard to Tropical Astrology.

22 hours ago, KJ David said:

Tropical astrology is based on the seasons in the *northern* hemisphere. The seasons in the southern hemisphere are reversed—so according to the standard astrological thesis Aries should begin the Zodiac sometime in September in the southern hemisphere — not March. Astrologers generally do not correct for the reversal of seasons below the equator. Southern Aries / Libra believers, etc., don’t suffer an astrological identity crisis. That suggests to me that the power of belief is operative particularly with regard to Tropical Astrology.

The Zodiac is based on Solstices and Equinoxes.

The basic weather rhythms over the course of a year are also based on the Solstices and Equinoxes.

This means that the Zodiac and the weather have the same parents (their parents are the solstices and equinoxes). It does not mean that the weather is the parent generating the zodiac or that the zodiac is the parent generating the weather. The weather and the zodiac are siblings.

Many people explain the Zodiac signs based on the weather. This does more harm than good. They say, for example, Capricorn is “cold” because it is wintery. Aries is energetic because it is “springy.” etc. Unfortunately they do not understand where the zodiac symbolism actually comes from. Capricorn is “cold” because it belongs to Saturn, a cold planet. Aries is energetic because it belongs to Mars, an energetic planet.

The weather and seasons do nòt play any role in determining what the signs symbolize. The three factors that do determe what a sign symbolizes are:

1 - Its ruling planet

2 - Its element

3 - Its cardinality, fixedness, or dualness.

These three are determined by reference to the cardinal directions established by the solstices and equinoxes, which is why the solstices and equinoxes are the ultimate root of what any zodiac sign symbolizes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

image.png.740c29bfa8210cf24e70ef0a16582893.png

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2013 at 10:14 PM, Babe Ruth said:

It's fascinating, and the Russians have been studying the effects since the late 80's. They have actually built some pyramids in the course of their investigations, though discovered early on that the presence of metals in the pyramid negated the effects. They constructed a few hollow pyramids using PVC pipes for the framing, and some kind of composite or fibreglass for the sides. Amazing medical effects. Dead animals placed inside, for example, do not decompose at the same rate as they do outside the pyramid.

I call.         Citation please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2