Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

South Carolina Says NO to Obamacare

Kowalski

I LOVE South Carolina! LOL

This is great.

:clap:

South Carolina House passes bill making ‘Obamacare’ implementation a crime

The South Carolina state House passed a bill Wednesday that declares President Obama’s Patient Protection and Affordablelb_icon1.png Care Act to be “null and void,” and criminalizes its implementation.

The state’s Freedom of Health Care Protectionicon1.png Act intends to “prohibit certain individuals from enforcing or attempting to enforce such unconstitutional laws; and to establish criminal penalties and civil liability for violating this article.”

The measure permits the state Attorney General, with reasonable cause, “to restrain by temporary restraining order, temporary injunction, or permanent injunction” any person who is believed to be causing harm to any person or businessicon1.png with the implementation of Obamacare.

Earlier this year in her state of the state address, Gov. Nikki Haley said that South Carolina does not want and cannot affordlb_icon1.png the president’s plan, “not now, not ever.”

“To that end, we will not pursue the type of government-run health exchanges being forced on us by Washington,” she said. “Despite the rose-colored rhetoric coming out of D.C., these exchanges are nothing more than a way to make the state do the federal government’s bidding in spending massive amounts of taxpayer dollars on insurance subsidies that we can’t afford.”

The nullification bill moved on to the state Senate Thursday and referred to the Committee on Financeicon1.png.

• Like 8

Ohio voted that we did not want it. 70 percent to be exact. But it dosent matter, they just dont give a ****.

Its also funny that north carolina was the state to try a nullify national laws in pre civil war era. How things never change.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Ohio voted that we did not want it. 70 percent to be exact. But it dosent matter, they just dont give a ****.

Its also funny that north carolina was the state to try a nullify national laws in pre civil war era. How things never change.

Yeah, I know. LOL

I wish more states would do this! Tell those idiots in Washington to shove Obamacare up their ******.

I don't know if Obamacare will work or is the answer but something needs to be done about lack of health care in this country. Besides the people that can't afford any coverage there are people with coverage but don't make enough to use it. That's sad.

If we ever do have a breakout of some killer disease that spreads easily there are going to be a lot of people that don't go to the doctor and that will help it spread even faster.

• Like 3

so, in plain English: The concept of protecting the interest of its citizens is for South Carolina to deny health care coverage while its citizens have to pay it anyway? Because the additional federal taxes for not having health care will not go away with this. And that will be at least as expensive as paying for Obamacare.

• Like 1

so, in plain English: The concept of protecting the interest of its citizens is for South Carolina to deny health care coverage while its citizens have to pay it anyway? Because the additional federal taxes for not having health care will not go away with this. And that will be at least as expensive as paying for Obamacare.

actually QM, I believe they're true intent is to protect the owners of busness's with 50 or more employees, here is a pay or play guide book if you want to look into that http://www.quarles.com/files/Uploads/Documents/Pay_or_Play_Guide_Current_Version.pdf

Also, if people don't have access to the state or fed run insurance exchanges, which this will outlaw, I don't see how the IRS can charge the "fee" without coming under threat of a massive class action lawsuit on behalf of the citizens of South Carolina.

• Like 2

actually QM, I believe they're true intent is to protect the owners of busness's with 50 or more employees, here is a pay or play guide book if you want to look into that http://www.quarles.c...ent_Version.pdf

Also, if people don't have access to the state or fed run insurance exchanges, which this will outlaw, I don't see how the IRS can charge the "fee" without coming under threat of a massive class action lawsuit on behalf of the citizens of South Carolina.

The Federal law, upheld by the SC is clear: You either pay for health care or you pay more taxes. There is not much they can sue against that. All you can do is roll back the Federal law.

The Federal law, upheld by the SC is clear: You either pay for health care or you pay more taxes. There is not much they can sue against that. All you can do is roll back the Federal law.

So what is the Fed gonna do if the good people of SC decide not to have insurance and not to pay the tax increase? Arrest every uninsured citizen in SC? I don't think that is doable. What if several other states join SC? Will the Fed arrest the citizens living in those states also? Where they gonna put them all? What are they gonna do when they lose the tax revenue those folks were paying while their costs increase because of the, possibily, hundreds of thousands of new inmates?

Push people far enough and they will revolt. I don't know if the ACA will be the straw that breaks the camels back or not, but it is another straw.

• Like 1

So what is the Fed gonna do if the good people of SC decide not to have insurance and not to pay the tax increase? Arrest every uninsured citizen in SC? I don't think that is doable. What if several other states join SC? Will the Fed arrest the citizens living in those states also? Where they gonna put them all? What are they gonna do when they lose the tax revenue those folks were paying while their costs increase because of the, possibily, hundreds of thousands of new inmates?

Push people far enough and they will revolt. I don't know if the ACA will be the straw that breaks the camels back or not, but it is another straw.

Not paying taxes is still a federal offense that could end with the government taking your house, you car and your Playstation. And I don't doubt they will do exactly that because this is a matter of principle now.

Just because the government of South Carolina decides that it is illegal to pay taxes does not mean that it actually is.

• Like 2

And if the government can't give you access to the exchange, also part of the federal law, then they would be responsible for said assocciated fees. Edited by OverSword

And if the government can't give you access to the exchange, also part of the federal law, then they would be responsible for said assocciated fees.

The causant is always responsible, or those who avoid people getting access to an exchange. That would not be the Federal government. The people of South Carolina can try to get the their extra taxes back from the state.

Not paying taxes is still a federal offense that could end with the government taking your house, you car and your Playstation. And I don't doubt they will do exactly that because this is a matter of principle now.

Just because the government of South Carolina decides that it is illegal to pay taxes does not mean that it actually is.

What if I live in an apartment and don't have a car or a playstation? Are they going to take a million American citizens to court? Are they gonna use Federal LEO's to enforce the siezures, becuase I don't think the State LEO's will help them. They gonna declare martial law in SC?

Just think, the Feds arresting American citizens for violating a law that itself violates the US Constitution. I know the USSC said it doesn't, but they apparently don't understand the Constitution, which is sadly shocking in and of itself. No where does it say that the Fed can force people to buy anything.

You know who doesn't have health insurance? The people that can't afford it. So the Fed decides that these people either get someting they can't afford or pay a tax they can't afford. "Of the people, by the people, and for the people" my a$$. It's time for the people took back our government. If we stand strong and stand together they can't win. It is, sadly, coming down to us or them. I prefer us.

• Like 3

What if I live in an apartment and don't have a car or a playstation? Are they going to take a million American citizens to court? Are they gonna use Federal LEO's to enforce the siezures, becuase I don't think the State LEO's will help them. They gonna declare martial law in SC?

Just think, the Feds arresting American citizens for violating a law that itself violates the US Constitution. I know the USSC said it doesn't, but they apparently don't understand the Constitution, which is sadly shocking in and of itself. No where does it say that the Fed can force people to buy anything.

You know who doesn't have health insurance? The people that can't afford it. So the Fed decides that these people either get someting they can't afford or pay a tax they can't afford. "Of the people, by the people, and for the people" my a$$. It's time for the people took back our government. If we stand strong and stand together they can't win. It is, sadly, coming down to us or them. I prefer us.

Yes they will.

And, just because you don't like a law, even if you are one of many, it does not mean that you can disobey it and get away with it.

We will see how this pans out, probably with SC leaving the union or something similarly ludicrous.

The last time the majority of us didn't like a law/tax being unfairly imposed on us we declared independence from the government subjugating us. Maybe it's time to do something similar and use our power as We The People to put the federal government back in the small, well-defined box it was supposed to stay in.

• Like 3

The last time the majority of us didn't like a law/tax being unfairly imposed on us we declared independence from the government subjugating us. Maybe it's time to do something similar and use our power as We The People to put the federal government back in the small, well-defined box it was supposed to stay in.

Your problem seems to be that you are not the majority. As shown by the last elections: the guy who wanted to abolish Obamacare lost.

The causant is always responsible, or those who avoid people getting access to an exchange. That would not be the Federal government. The people of South Carolina can try to get the their extra taxes back from the state.

If the state doesn't set up an exchange it becomes the responsibility of the fed. The states are not required to set up exchanges, just encouraged and incentivized.

This really is a non-issue though, because this hasn't passed and I'm guessing the politicians in SC are just as corrupt as the rest, so it won't pass.

If the state doesn't set up an exchange it becomes the responsibility of the fed. The states are not required to set up exchanges, just encouraged and incentivized.

This really is a non-issue though, because this hasn't passed and I'm guessing the politicians in SC are just as corrupt as the rest, so it won't pass.

So, the law is void to start with, South Carolina cannot prohibit the Fed doing what is lawful.... which is the other point not considered.

So, the law is void to start with, South Carolina cannot prohibit the Fed doing what is lawful.... which is the other point not considered.

We don't know the details of this legislation but I'm just gonna guess the law makers of SC have some legal argument they believe holds water.

• Like 1

I'll bet the IRS employees aren't happy at all that this load of manure got dumped in their lap. As if they don't have enough to keep up with as it is. Just sayin....

Like auto insurance, the health care insurance issue should be a state mandated responsibility. Why have the states at all if they have no say?

Edited by Stardrive
  • Like 1

Keeping goverments localized fits the needs of society the best. People in their community know what is best for their community. A national goverment has to have the final say or else we would be 50 nations not one. Part of the reason for the constitution and bill of rights is made to stop the national goverment from abusing the local goverments.

Someone living in michigan dosent know what is best for someone living in arizona. Keep it local.

• Like 1

The Civil War was fought over State's rights. The next will probably be fought over those as well.

• Like 1

There are several states opting out of Obamacare. One is Texas. What's the federal gov gonna do? Throw everyone in jail for not being able to afford health insurance? Honestly, Obamacare is not going to be implemented no matter how much Washington talks big. Just a huge headache for EVERYONE.

• Like 1

Your problem seems to be that you are not the majority. As shown by the last elections: the guy who wanted to abolish Obamacare lost.

Actually, polls keep indicating lower and lower support for Obamacare. Romney lost the election because he tried to be everything for everyone and so was obviously no one.
  • Like 1

Romney lost the election because he was a pillock, and came from a party only slightly more well thought of then the KKK, not because the majority supported Obamacare.

Romney lost the election because he was a pillock, and came from a party only slightly more well thought of then the KKK, not because the majority supported Obamacare.

At least he didn't come from the party that formed the KKK but there is no need for such comparisons. C'mon Hats.

• Like 2