Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Genesis and Egypt

dmgspycat

How could they? They were all killed in the Great Flood! Don't you read your Bible? God killed everyone on the planet including everyone in Egypt.

Don't listen to these eggheads blather on about the ancient history of Egypt or any other countries. They can't be right. If they were right then that would mean that the Bible isn't historically accurate.

So since the Bible is supposed to be "the word of God" then according to what you are saying the Judeo-Christian God doesn't know how to count either. Well, so much for being "all-knowing".

As a book allegedly dealing with human history it's not.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 2

So since the Bible is supposed to be "the word of God" then according to what you are saying the Judeo-Christian God doesn't know how to count either. Well, so much for being "all-knowing".

As a book allegedly dealing with human history it's not.

The history of Egypt, China, and other countries is another subject that baffles college students who were taught that everything in the Bible is true. Their history should have ended after the Great Flood. In fact all of the Far East should have been void of all human life after it, yet there have been humans there before Biblical times and are still there. As far as I know, no one has found any evidence of a large number of Jews ever living in Egypt (certainly not the numbers stated the Bible) and we have found no evidence of a massive exodus of people from Egypt into Canaan.

It is frustrating to see people believing that Biblical events were true historical events when all evidence shows they were legends, most likely embellished to give the Jewish culture a strong sense of identity and purpose in the midst of so many other cultures. All cultures had their legends told as if they were true. It's silly (if not arrogant) that we choose to believe that ours is the true one.

• Like 3

So since the Bible is supposed to be "the word of God" then according to what you are saying the Judeo-Christian God doesn't know how to count either.

What you fail to consider here is that God is all-powerful.

Obviously, he changed the way numbers work after he did the flood thingy.

Harte

• Like 1

What you fail to consider here is that God is all-powerful.

Obviously, he changed the way numbers work after he did the flood thingy.

Harte

Which assumes he didn't know how they worked to begin with. I guess this qualifies as the origin of CYA. :w00t:

cormac

Wearer of hats and rafterman I have done the work for you. Its easy, just look at my original post. You don't have to argue with me, just go check out ron Wyatt's website, which doesn't sound like you have. Maybe I'm just old school or something but the way I think this works is I present a theory based on evidence then you check out that evidence first before dismissing all of it. You can't just say..."no it hasn't". Well this Ark or ship that was opened up after the earthquake looks real to me. I'm going with the evidence and carbon dating as there was no worldwide flood other than 12000 years ago.

How could they? They were all killed in the Great Flood! Don't you read your Bible? God killed everyone on the planet including everyone in Egypt.

Don't listen to these eggheads blather on about the ancient history of Egypt or any other countries. They can't be right. If they were right then that would mean that the Bible isn't historically accurate.

Sounds like /some/ people would need a burning at the stake to remind of the Biblical TRUTH.

--Jayle"Cold is God's Way of Telling Us To Burn More Catholics"murph

Wearer of hats and rafterman I have done the work for you. Its easy, just look at my original post. You don't have to argue with me, just go check out ron Wyatt's website, which doesn't sound like you have. Maybe I'm just old school or something but the way I think this works is I present a theory based on evidence then you check out that evidence first before dismissing all of it. You can't just say..."no it hasn't". Well this Ark or ship that was opened up after the earthquake looks real to me. I'm going with the evidence and carbon dating as there was no worldwide flood other than 12000 years ago.

I've checked out Wyatt's site before and did some looking. Here is a site that pretty much refutes Wyatt's claim of that being Noah's Ark.

http://creation.com/special-report-amazing-ark-expose

• Like 1

I've checked out Wyatt's site before and did some looking. Here is a site that pretty much refutes Wyatt's claim of that being Noah's Ark.

http://creation.com/...zing-ark-expose

Good article link Q!

I have added it to my online archive.

Thanks a lot.

AH Ha you know what? I don't really think that the Hebrews were ever slaves in Egypt, as the bible puts it. I think Moses was more like the founder of the FreeMasons.

I just saw this and it made me laugh. Not necessarily at the poster, but because it reminded me of this quote from Ambrose Bierce and The Devil's Dictionary (1911). Le Plus Le Change...

"FREEMASONS, n. An order with secret rites, grotesque ceremonies and fantastic costumes, which, originating in the reign of Charles II, among working artisans of London, has been joined successively by the dead of past centuries in unbroken retrogression until now it embraces all the generations of man on the hither side of Adam and is drumming up distinguished recruits among the pre-Creational inhabitants of Chaos and Formless Void. The order was founded at different times by Charlemagne, Julius Caesar, Cyrus, Solomon, Zoroaster, Confucious, Thothmes, and Buddha. Its emblems and symbols have been found in the Catacombs of Paris and Rome, on the stones of the Parthenon and the Chinese Great Wall, among the temples of Karnak and Palmyra and in the Egyptian Pyramids --always by a Freemason.”

--Jaylemurph

Noah's Ark has been found across from Mount ararat it is so old that the cedar wood it was made from was petrified. Carbon dated to 10000 BC.

ha arh ha ha ha, right because their 100% sure that this boat is that of Noah's Ark and that Noah even existed or even built a boat of such capacity in such a small amount of time. :rolleyes:

Secondly the Hebrews and the hyksos both have the same time line in Egypt. From 1800 BC to about 1200BC. I believe they are the same people so do a lot of researchers based upon language and blood type.

However I do find the concept of the Hebrews, actually being that of the Hyksos, though the Hebrews were not slaves to the Egyptians, as the bible suggests the Hebrews were to the Egyptians. Then again, I don't believe anything that directly comes from that book!

Perhaps you can supply more information and evidence for this concept?

As for the Jews building the pyramids HA, that's a laugh and a half...

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2010/0111/Egypt-says-Jewish-slaves-didn-t-build-pyramids