Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Citizen Hearing on Disclosure

How exactly are the citizens going to get the government to disclose anything that it's dubbed "top secret" and thus has laws to insulate itself from having to release?

I think the only way disclosure will force the governments hand is if there is a national outcry. I think it's the reason why people who seem credible sometimes encounter harassment following a flap. A bunch of UFO personalities and the occasional whistle blower is not going to force disclosure but it helps pave the way.

I'm not sure if that makes much sense. Would the Army have any more authority than the Air Force or CIA, or whoever was in charge at Area 51 at the time? And threatening to turn one branch of the armed forces on another, or on the nation's intelligence service, because they wouldn't reveal all about what they were doing, sounds like a recipe for a military coup.

maybe it got close to a military coup...who knows

And that's why who-ever held the power at Area 51 gave the messengers that Eisenhower sent... the info that he demanded?

Edited by bee

isn't that what the scientific data is showing? i.e. lights in the sky are an atmospheric phenomena and not spaceships?

plasma, you mentioned it last time and ignored my response... is it because i don't subscribe blindly to the et 'assumption' anymore?

I wasn't aware that you subscribed blindly to anything, including ET assumptions...

You seem happy with plasma and atmospheric phenomena as the answer to the whole UFO/ET question now...

Each to their own.

i suppose it doesn't matter either way... what about all the exposed whistle-blowers from the past? the us government has classified info concerning ufos, therefore they're hiding et wreckage and corpses, right? i'm beginning to sense a pattern here... it's not about ufos anymore, bur et disclosure...

Wasn't it always?

Bassett wants so much to bring the issue of ET Disclosure in front of the public that he appears willing to do anything at all to further his cause. At an appearance on The Paracast he was asked by David & Gene why he gave credence to known charlatans. He stated that it didn’t matter if the people who took the stage were credible or not. All that mattered was to get the idea before the public. He said,

The problem is not about our opinions about who is a laughingstock. It’s all about the government. Don’t worry about the individual aspects of people in the field. I don’t care about your background. Credibility is not an issue in the Disclosure process. I just don’t care. It’s not my concern and I’m not in a position to sort it out. I don’t give a damn."

http://www.ufowatchd...hen_bassett.htm

sounds like they wound him up good and proper...and asking someone why they gave credence to known charlatans...is a sneaky and

loaded question....and he must have responded in anger.

in fact under the quote you gave.....it says..

He then became extremely upset and literally blew a fuse. His voice went up an octave and he became totally incoherent

so as far as the paracast hosts were concerned that was job done, I expect.

I think the only way disclosure will force the governments hand is if there is a national outcry. I think it's the reason why people who seem credible sometimes encounter harassment following a flap. A bunch of UFO personalities and the occasional whistle blower is not going to force disclosure but it helps pave the way.

It does help pave the way.....although I think many (most) people have given up on the US government ever disclosing the nitty gritty

probably because the nitty gritty involves Defence and National Security.

:tu:

Bee- nice finds - interesting. Couple things - we know that Eisenhower certainly had heavy suspicions about the depth, intensity, and heavy influence of the "military industrial complex" as he put it in that famous speech of his given near the end of his presidency. It's hard to believe the control of the MJ 12 group had been wrested away from the presidency in such a short span of time - 10-12 years. Truman apparently created it in 1947 and it was reporting directly - and only - to him. Why would any president allow that to happen? Especially someone of Eisenhower's stature - a recently retired 5 star General. Then, according to this testimony, he has to recruit a couple guys from the CIA to go out and find out what's going on....? All that seems quite strange and odd to me.

Yes it does.....and it would probably take loads of research to get to the bottom of it.....if it could be got to the bottom of at all....

with the information available in the public arena.

I certainly haven't got the time to do it..... :)

edit....lol...maybe it didn't take so long to get to the bottom of it after all...

see my post below...that just happens to be #33.... :w00t:

Edited by bee

Nice thread as usual Bee. :tu: ..

And though I personally wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the circus-like, dollar-making 'disclosure projects' to yield any real dividends [by way of forcing the beans to be spilled] , I do think that they are an excellent conduit for tapping into a number of stories from guys that we otherwise may never have heard from, [some fascinating and quite compelling ....and some of them obvious BS'ers]

...And like you, I am initially of the opinion that 'the guy in the Richard Dolan video' exudes a favourable amount of authenticity,[but i've been wrong on this before... :blush: ]..however, I cannot square the fact that an old man that apparently has one foot firmly in the grave, and is no longer in fear of reprisals....deems it necessary to deny us his true provenance by deciding to withhold his full identity and curriculum vitae ??...bit odd that?...I mean , that if the reason was to protect his 'loved-ones' from being targeted after his demise...then surely he knows that whomever he is running scared of....already know who he is anyway, by means of his appearing on video and declaring the positions that he formally held... and hence his 'loved-ones' are already in their sights!..??

..but his tale of Eisenhower threatening 'the almighty secret-keepers at area 51' with the army, is both new and... strangely-believable!....[but I wouldn't be prepared to say that it was likely without a good deal more of corroborative evidence!]

[by the way...hope you are well and enjoying the bank holiday my friend!]

Cheers.

Maybe the anonymity of the old gentleman was intended to prevent media people, and the merely curious from pestering an old man in ill health. He mentioned a medical treatment that might prolong his life, so perhaps he's reckoning with the possibility of being around a while longer. Edited by bison

Bee- nice finds - interesting. Couple things - we know that Eisenhower certainly had heavy suspicions about the depth, intensity, and heavy influence of the "military industrial complex" as he put it in that famous speech of his given near the end of his presidency. It's hard to believe the control of the MJ 12 group had been wrested away from the presidency in such a short span of time - 10-12 years. Truman apparently created it in 1947 and it was reporting directly - and only - to him. Why would any president allow that to happen? Especially someone of Eisenhower's stature - a recently retired 5 star General. Then, according to this testimony, he has to recruit a couple guys from the CIA to go out and find out what's going on....? All that seems quite strange and odd to me.

I had a thought regarding why Truman could have had access to information that Eisenhower didn't....

So I searched.....was Eisenhower a Freemason?

http://wiki.answers....enhower_a_Mason

Apparently not, as he indicated in his remarks at an Annual Breakfast for Masonic Leaders. "In such a body as this, I feel not only at home, I feel a warm sense of fellowship that I am certain can scarcely be closer were I a member myself of this great organization. "

then...was Truman a freemason?

http://wiki.answers....man_A_Freemason

Yes. Truman became a Mason in 1909 and served as Grand Master of Masons in Missouri in 1940-41. He was often quoted as saying that he considered his service as Grand Master to have been more important than his service as President of the United States.

maybe that was the vital difference between the two Presidents....? And why Eisenhower had to go to such lengths to find out

what was going on...

• Like 1

There's soon to be an announcement from the Pope telling the world that UFOs are real and ETs are closer to God and are here to show us the way.

You heard it here first !

• Like 1

There's soon to be an announcement from the Pope telling the world that UFOs are real and ETs are closer to God and are here to show us the way.

:w00t::sk:w00t:

musical interlude with Kool and The Gang....

:lol::rofl::lol:

• Like 1

Well, let's hope so.

How exactly are the citizens going to get the government to disclose anything that it's dubbed "top secret" and thus has laws to insulate itself from having to release?

The citizens must take command of the situation. If the government does not wish to acknowledge reality, the government's opinions are meaningless.

This is fascinating news Bee. Have you watched the proceedings?

Do you really think for one second Babe,that the Government could hold such a secret ? Everything Leaks out of the Government ! Everything ! Sooner or Later ! Too many eyes and ears on the ground to Keep anything a secret !

• Like 1

The citizens must take command of the situation. If the government does not wish to acknowledge reality, the government's opinions are meaningless.

This is fascinating news Bee. Have you watched the proceedings?

No...I only heard about it a couple of days ago...I expect it will all be out on video soon.

There are short extracts here http://www.youtube.c...ingMedia/videos

I just had a look at this one...(because I listened to the audio of part of day 2 last night)

[media=]

[/media]

the military men she is talking about in the second half are the ones I was mentioning earlier..

The two American Servicemen who went to the Craft in Rendlesham Forrest, UK, 1980...

• Like 1

Do you really think for one second Babe,that the Government could hold such a secret ? Everything Leaks out of the Government ! Everything ! Sooner or Later ! Too many eyes and ears on the ground to Keep anything a secret !

Exactly the same as with all these (particularly 9/11) Conspiracies. Has anyone ever heard of a Govt. that competent that they managed to plan all that and keep it secret ever since?

• Like 1

Exactly the same as with all these (particularly 9/11) Conspiracies. Has anyone ever heard of a Govt. that competent that they managed to plan all that and keep it secret ever since?

We have the Proof ! THe Proof is that its never been done ! 9/11, Sandy Hook,UFO`s, Texas Fertilizer explosion,All the C.T`s can Blabber all they want,ITs up to the informed and semi-educated to understand that these people are not in the Know ! :tu:

Over 900 sightings and yet none of them reported seeing the T.A.R.D.I.S lol such a shame.

agreed it is time to lift the veil already.like i tell people and others disclosure will not come from the governments at all especially the not the united states of America!!!people have to get that through their minds now and remember that.900 police officers one has to be supremely ignorant and close minded to ignore any further evidence.

I think the videos from the hearings are posted on Huffington Post. I was following it all last week - it was live streaming.

Edited to add, as usual the mainstream media makes a joke of the whole thing:

http://www.nytimes.c...=fb-share&_r=1

]One reason the ex-members of Congress agreed to sit on the dais and ask questions may have been curiosity.

“Our country has trivialized it, has made it a joke, has made it green people with horns sticking out,” said Carolyn Kilpatrick, a Democratic representative from Michigan who lost her seat in 2010. “Now I find that it’s much more than that. And it’s not a joke. And there is scientific data that there may be something there.”

Another reason might have been the $20,000 the organizers said they paid each panelist. But they are still maintaining a healthy skepticism.

“Just because the government might have had a document about how to handle extraterrestrials doesn’t mean there were any,” said Merrill Cook, a Republican from Utah who was twice elected to the House.

The panels this week have been low-hanging fruit for the news media while President Obama is out of town and Congress is out of session, and not all of the people who study U.F.O.’s think the meetings will help them improve their stature in Washington.

“There really is something to this issue, and there is a serious side to it, but that’s not what’s being presented as this event,” said Leslie Kean, a journalist and author of “U.F.O.’s: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record,” a collection of firsthand accounts by people who believe they saw them.[/size]

Edited by archernyc

general information about the Citizen Hearing...

Looks like the usual crowd, Hellyer, Greer, Howe Pope and Dolan. They have been promising "disclosure: for decades now. This year "the one" is it?

I noted interesting words from Leslie Kean regarding this gathering.

“There really is something to this issue, and there is a serious side to it, but that’s not what’s being presented as this event,” said Leslie Kean, a journalist and author of “U.F.O.’s: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record,” a collection of firsthand accounts by people who believe they saw them.

The conclusion that U.F.O.’s are proof of extraterrestrial life is misguided, she said, and the people who broadcast that belief hindered support for real scientific research.

I think it might well be the first time I have agreed with her. Dissension in the ranks? Nothing new I suppose. The ETH is so silly these days that even the UFOlogists cannot agree amongst themselves any more.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Have any of you in Here Actually Flown an Alien Space craft? Been to Alpha Centurama,or Beatlejuice ? Just asking .Any real proof ? I know,I know I saw two UFO`s but have not a leg to stand on but for my eye witness and my Soul !

So Where`s the Beef ? ITs time to quit Yacking and start the Facting !

Have any of you in Here Actually Flown an Alien Space craft? Been to Alpha Centurama,or Beatlejuice ? Just asking .Any real proof ? I know,I know I saw two UFO`s but have not a leg to stand on but for my eye witness and my Soul !

So Where`s the Beef ? ITs time to quit Yacking and start the Facting !

Does it count when I fly one of these around the solar system old mate ;)

dob10.jpg

Watch out for me coming into Texas on the back of one of these!

The one I want

large-telescope-guy.jpg

• Like 1

UFO's does not equal Alien Spacecraft.

It's just that, something the police officer at the time couldn't work out.

Look at this way. The American Government couldn't keep the fact Clinton got a ******* from his Secretary secret. How are they supposed to keep things like, "Faked Moon Landing" or "9/11" or "Sandy Hook" or whatever.

Governments acknowledge that UFO's exist, however, they don't all assume UFO = Advanced Civilisation Spacecraft. In the end, the government will release it when ready.

The Pope(s) have already paved the way, saying any alien species we meet will have been created by God and are Christian. Little bits and bobs drip out, the films, the documentaries, the sightings.

To be told, fully and finally that Humanity is not alone in this Universe... It could blow peoples minds. They could riot, hysteria spreads and bad stuff happens.

I always think, if Humans and Humanity are the pinnacle of intelligence and civilisation.... then damn, that's depressing.

UFO's does not equal Alien Spacecraft.

It's just that, something the police officer at the time couldn't work out.

Look at this way. The American Government couldn't keep the fact Clinton got a ******* from his Secretary secret. How are they supposed to keep things like, "Faked Moon Landing" or "9/11" or "Sandy Hook" or whatever.

Governments acknowledge that UFO's exist, however, they don't all assume UFO = Advanced Civilisation Spacecraft. In the end, the government will release it when ready.

The Pope(s) have already paved the way, saying any alien species we meet will have been created by God and are Christian. Little bits and bobs drip out, the films, the documentaries, the sightings.

To be told, fully and finally that Humanity is not alone in this Universe... It could blow peoples minds. They could riot, hysteria spreads and bad stuff happens.

I always think, if Humans and Humanity are the pinnacle of intelligence and civilisation.... then damn, that's depressing.

Not going to blow my mind. Seems a natural progression.

Why?

You seem happy with plasma and atmospheric phenomena as the answer to the whole UFO/ET question now...

the reason why some seem unhappy with that premise is that they have over-expectations as to what the phenomenon must represent... i'll stick with the data at hand and an open mind for anything of substance which might turn up in the future... no need for what ifs and soothsaying

Wasn't it always?

i don't think so, listen to dolan from the the 1:16 min mark here....

• Like 1

I noted interesting words from Leslie Kean regarding this gathering.

“There really is something to this issue, and there is a serious side to it, but that’s not what’s being presented as this event,” said Leslie Kean, a journalist and author of “U.F.O.’s: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record,” a collection of firsthand accounts by people who believe they saw them.

The conclusion that U.F.O.’s are proof of extraterrestrial life is misguided, she said, and the people who broadcast that belief hindered support for real scientific research.

If it's inter-dimensional or time travel that's going on....she would be right - it's not ET. :yes: