Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why People Believe in Conspiracy Theories

Waspie_Dwarf

Nope. Think for yourself.

Ha! Good one, there.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

{deleted} oops got my threads tangled, sorry!

Edited by ChrLzs

You can read my posts on other threads, and I think you'll find your answer. However this isn't the "Answer a Question With Another Question" thread, so maybe you can give a straight answer for once? I think you can reign in that "free" mind of yours to focus long enough to answer a rather simple question.

No, this is the "I won't answer a straight question" thread. :w00t:

• Like 1

You can read my posts on other threads, and I think you'll find your answer. However this isn't the "Answer a Question With Another Question" thread, so maybe you can give a straight answer for once? I think you can reign in that "free" mind of yours to focus long enough to answer a rather simple question.

Why give a straight answer when you don't get them?

Nope. Think for yourself.

LOL. Ok I will remember that when you ask for clarification.

• Like 1

Do you want to know why people distrust the US Government sososososososososo (!) much?

https://en.wikipedia...i/Michael_Wynne

EX-General Michael Wynne

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Non-lethal weapons

Wynne advocated testing nonlethal weapons, such as high-power microwave devices, against American citizens before being used on the battlefield, saying "If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation."[4]

Resignation from the Department of the Air Force

On June 5, 2008, Robert Gates announced that he had accepted the resignation of Michael Wynne as Secretary of the Air Force because of "a decline in the Air Force's nuclear mission focus and performance" and "lack of a critical self-assessment culture". Gates specifically cited two incidents in which the Air Force had lost track of nuclear weapons or parts; in one incident, nuclear weapons fuses had been mistakenly sent to Taiwan when helicopter batteries had been ordered, and in the other, the 2007 United States Air Force nuclear weapons incident, a B-52 bomber had been flown across the country armed with six nuclear-armed cruise missiles that no one realized were on board.[5]

Wynne responded that the report on the event was colored by the cultural differences of the Navy admiral who prepared it.[6]

Meanwhile, no one addresses the true ugliness that happen outside the conspiracy theories. It isn't such a reach to believe in conspiracy theories when you have real news telling you just how ugly it can get within the halls of any government.

We KNOW that government experiment on their own people, have publically apologized for it, over and over again, only when forced to. So it isn't really such a reach to imagine that there is more going on that they are NOT telling us about. Add to that is major distrust on government and you have good fodder for the birth of a conspriacy theory.

This is the Era of Sunshine. All will be known. We can accept the ugly as we can accept the beauty.

• Like 1

Why give a straight answer when you don't get them?

LOL. Ok I will remember that when you ask for clarification.

Just making note of your hilarious and unbelievably hypocritical double-standards. My you must have been great at dodgeball back in the day.

In addition: No, I don't put a broad stroke on U.S. government involvement in everything. I treat it all case by case, just as I would with any Bigfoot/UFO case that emerges on this sight, and like any good skeptic should.

So how about a straight answer?

• Like 2

We KNOW that government experiment on their own people, have publically apologized for it, over and over again, only when forced to.

Are you a registered voter? Do you vote? How many of those politicians are in Washington because of your vote?

If you didn't vote, you do not have an argument.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, no one addresses the true ugliness that happen outside the conspiracy theories. It isn't such a reach to believe in conspiracy theories when you have real news telling you just how ugly it can get within the halls of any government.

We KNOW that government experiment on their own people, have publically apologized for it, over and over again, only when forced to. So it isn't really such a reach to imagine that there is more going on that they are NOT telling us about. Add to that is major distrust on government and you have good fodder for the birth of a conspriacy theory.

This is the Era of Sunshine. All will be known. We can accept the ugly as we can accept the beauty.

Bad people are everywhere. When you walk down the street, you are sharing the sidewalk with murderers, rapists, child abusers, wife beaters, thieves and liars. Do you meet someone and automatically assume they are one of those things? The people in the government are just regular people. They weren't raised to be snakes from birth. They just chose a certain career path. It is not surprising that there are bad apples in the government, but it is definitely not the majority. To automatically thing everything is a lie is naive. And yes, by your posts, I see that you are 100% naive.

• Like 3

Bad people are everywhere. When you walk down the street, you are sharing the sidewalk with murderers, rapists, child abusers, wife beaters, thieves and liars. Do you meet someone and automatically assume they are one of those things? The people in the government are just regular people. They weren't raised to be snakes from birth. They just chose a certain career path.

"You don't have to be a psychopath to work here, but it helps,"

• Like 1

Whut_7699cb_3963206.jpg

Just making note of your hilarious and unbelievably hypocritical double-standards. My you must have been great at dodgeball back in the day.

In addition: No, I don't put a broad stroke on U.S. government involvement in everything. I treat it all case by case, just as I would with any Bigfoot/UFO case that emerges on this sight, and like any good skeptic should.

Skeptic?

It seems your skepticism is very selective. You won't believe an ordinary citizen reporting a UFO or Bigfoot, but you happily accept the word of government agents making outlandish claims about airplanes that are invisible to others at the site.

Sweet!

Skeptic?

It seems your skepticism is very selective. You won't believe an ordinary citizen reporting a UFO or Bigfoot, but you happily accept the word of government agents making outlandish claims about airplanes that are invisible to others at the site.

Sweet!

The ignorance in this post is staggering.

Read it again and try to understand what he is saying, instead of twisting others words in order to make yourself sound smart.

• Like 1

I understand perfectly well what he was saying RB, and so do you.

He was describing himself as a "good skeptic".

I merely pointed out that a person describing himself as a "good skeptic" when that person believes the outlandish story from Shanksville and other places, "skeptic" is certainly NOT the correct way to describe his analytical qualities. :no:

• Like 1

I merely pointed out that a person describing himself as a "good skeptic" when that person believes the outlandish story from Shanksville and other places, "skeptic" is certainly NOT the correct way to describe his analytical qualities. :no:

Because he analyzed the evidence and facts of that day and came up with a conclusion based on that.

Whereas you, take a belief that Nukes brought down WTC without any shred of evidence to support it.

I'd love to say that your ignorance is surprising, but then I'd be lying.

• Like 3

A fool's statement. Clearly, you do not understand the meaning of the word skeptic.

• Like 1

What is it in you that makes you need to insult? On this end, having read what I have, I attribute it to a long duration of excessive drinking of alcohol. That is the only real reason why people try to demean others, the behavioral characteristics of an alcoholic. OR... that you are paid to demean me in any way possible so that what I say seems less credible, ... but really isn't. I mean, we all now know that the ridicule factor doesn't work anymore and is really about trying to control percpetions more than ANYTHING else.

Give me a straight answer on why you insult? Is it a strong need in you or part of your job description?

http://www.youtube.c...UieCsFtx20#t=46

OK,

Edited by regeneratia

What is it in you that makes you need to insult? On this end, having read what I have, I attribute it to a long duration of excessive drinking of alcohol. That is the only real reason why people try to demean others, the behavioral characteristics of an alcoholic. OR... that you are paid to demean me in any way possible so that what I say seems less credible, ... but really isn't. I mean, we all now know that the ridicule factor doesn't work anymore and is really about trying to control percpetions more than ANYTHING else.

Give me a straight answer on why you insult? Is it a strong need in you or part of your job description?

OK,

You are an alcoholic? Not really that much of a surprise.

I think it is just the ego, and the functioning of a chemically dulled frontal cortex and a very active amydala. They aren't skeptics. They are egoists trying hard to seem smart, when they might be smart if they let their systems clear of the chemical that dulls their higher thinking. OR they are paid, but not educated well enough to counter those who are educated.

Edited by regeneratia

You are an alcoholic? Not really that much of a surprise.

NO, but I did have some really hard drinking years, nine of them. I left the man that enticed it, divorced him, and never looked back.

Edited by regeneratia

I think it is just the ego, and the functioning of a chemically dulled frontal cortex and a very active amydala. They aren't skeptics. They are egoists trying hard to seem smart, when they might be smart if they let their systems clear of the chemical that dulls their higher thinking. OR they are paid, but not educated well enough to counter those who are educated.

It really truly seems like you just described yourself to a T in that post. It is clear you are trying very hard to make yourself sound smart. I mean, how many times do you have to refer to yourself as educated? Do you want us to believe it, or do you want yourself to believe it? Oh, and just a reminder, it is against the forum rules to accuse someone of being paid to post.

• Like 3

Take that back! i can't remember the last time my amydalya was active. In fact, I don't know if I've ever had one.

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb
  • Like 1

NO, but I did have some really hard drinking years. I left the man that enticed it, divorced him, and never looked back.

No, don't believe you. Your nasty, snippy, condescending, and inappropriate comments are nothing more than the alcohol speaking.

• Like 1

Take that back! i can't remember the last time my amydalya was active. In fact, I don't know if I've ever had one.

The person that describes others as "less intelligent than myself" has continued to reveal their abilities by misspelling amygdala.

• Like 2

OK,

Straight answer as too why I insult? Because I'm brutaly honest and don't try to hide my intentions behind pretty words, something you clearly can't grasp. I'll let that accusation of me being an alcoholic slide, as anyone here who knows me in the slightet knows I haven't had enough years on this Earth to delve down that path.

Oh, and I'll be more than happy to report you to a moderator next time you try it. You're not as subtle as you like to think.

So how about answering my earlier question?

• Like 4