Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chris Christie under fire from PETA

Still Waters

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is taking heat from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals after he killing a spider on his desk in front of a class of fourth graders.

In a video titled, 'Governor Christie Saves School Children From Spider,' his fearless spider-swatting skills are witnessed to cheers from his daughter, Bridget’s classmates after it caused a commotion on his desk.

He tells the children after delivering it a quick slap by his palm that it's just one of the many perks of being governor.

http://www.dailymail...th-graders.html

Seriously doubt the spider cares now. It will probably reincarnate as a shark next and seek it's revenge on mankind. :devil:

Nah, I kid...No seriously, either that or a crocodile.

• Like 3

PETA ... just the Wesboro Baptists for the Animal Welfare Brigade.

• Like 3

I'm australian and kill spiders on the daily. Just try me PETA

Don't really see the point in killing the spider to be honest, but PETA is making a mountain out of a mole hill as usual. Shame they can't use their energy and time in a more constructive way. You know like actually help animals instead of moaning at people.

You can't make people do things, even the right thing. You lead by example and plant seeds for people to think about. Acting superior and self righteous makes you look like a moron and that is what PETA constantly does.

Where was PETA when the last Rhinos in Mozambique where killed? And the Formosan Leopard was made extinct? Yeah nowhere to be seen, but someone kills a spider (which there is probably millions of) and bam PETA makes a statement....

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 3

Don't really see the point in killing the spider to be honest, but PETA is making a mountain out of a mole hill as usual. Shame they can't use their energy and time in a more constructive way. You know like actually help animals instead of moaning at people.

You can't make people do things, even the right thing. You lead by example and plant seeds for people to think about. Acting superior and self righteous makes you look like a moron and that is what PETA constantly does.

Where was PETA when the last Rhinos in Mozambique where killed? And the Formosan Leopard was made extinct? Yeah nowhere to be seen, but someone kills a spider (which there is probably millions of) and bam PETA makes a statement....

I don't hunt them out :) but I don't allow them to live inside my home. I heard yesterday that a rock guitarist died 3 years after being bitten by one. The poor guy had horrible complications that eventually led to liver failure :( Spiders have a place in the world, as do snakes, but I don't care to share MY place with them ;)
  • Like 2

Is this a joke?

The point dear fellow, speaking from a purely Australian perspective, a spider come's at you...you kill it. If it's poisonous (which I think 98% of australian spiders are) you kill it, especially considering I raise kids. Now if we're talking about simple house spiders then they are fine, I have heaps of them. But you just wait until a huntsman give's birth to 50.000 little spiders in your lighting fixture and they spread out across the room. Now imagine you don't notice this until you lay down in bed after a loooong day or bs only to look up and suddenly realise your roof and walls are covered in spiders.

Let's just say there was a lot of swearing, vacuuming and lack of sleep for 45 hours.

Spiders are the bane of my existence. One of the many thing's I dislike about my country T_T

• Like 2

Spiders are wonderful. I don't understand why anyone would kill a spider like that in front of kids. If its a danger then yeah maybe but like Coffey said you lead by example. So I would think a better thing to do would be to show how to catch it and let it outside. I guess PETA might be thinking that by casually killing it and making it out to be a joke is not really a good way to teach about caring for animals. So what I mean is the kids who saw that might potentially think whacking the kitten on the street is a joke as well.

Reminds me slightly of that Whacking Day episode of The Simpsons.

"Booo!"

post-33493-0-09679400-1367804830_thumb.j

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

PETA are the ones who want pokemon stopped . I'm sure it real ...

*s******s*

• Like 1

The point dear fellow, speaking from a purely Australian perspective, a spider come's at you...you kill it. If it's poisonous (which I think 98% of australian spiders are) you kill it, especially considering I raise kids. Now if we're talking about simple house spiders then they are fine, I have heaps of them. But you just wait until a huntsman give's birth to 50.000 little spiders in your lighting fixture and they spread out across the room. Now imagine you don't notice this until you lay down in bed after a loooong day or bs only to look up and suddenly realise your roof and walls are covered in spiders.

Let's just say there was a lot of swearing, vacuuming and lack of sleep for 45 hours.

Spiders are the bane of my existence. One of the many thing's I dislike about my country T_T

Hahahaha, that's horrible. That's something that puts me off going to Australia. Yeah that situation is different, I guess in the US it could have been dangerous.

I don't hunt them out :) but I don't allow them to live inside my home. I heard yesterday that a rock guitarist died 3 years after being bitten by one. The poor guy had horrible complications that eventually led to liver failure :( Spiders have a place in the world, as do snakes, but I don't care to share MY place with them ;)

Yeah i forgot the US has dangerous spiders. I thought it would be a bit different in a place of work though as apposed to his house. But as Kazahel said, can't you catch them and put them outside?

I use a spider catcher in my house and put them outside.

Spiders are wonderful. I don't understand why anyone would kill a spider like that in front of kids. If its a danger then yeah maybe but like Coffey said you lead by example. So I would think a better thing to do would be to show how to catch it and let it outside. I guess PETA might be thinking that by casually killing it and making it out to be a joke is not really a good way to teach about caring for animals. So what I mean is the kids who saw that might potentially think whacking the kitten on the street is a joke as well.

Reminds me slightly of that Whacking Day episode of The Simpsons.

"Booo!"

Yeah exactly what I was thinking.

Edited by Coffey

I just killed 2 spiders, a snail, 4 ants, 3 worms and 2 flies just this week, Gardening is deadly

But you just wait until a huntsman give's birth to 50.000 little spiders in your lighting fixture and they spread out across the room. Now imagine you don't notice this until you lay down in bed after a loooong day or bs only to look up and suddenly realise your roof and walls are covered in spiders.

:o You've just described my worst nightmare lol that is horrifying.

I'm an arachnopobe. Any spiders I see in the house are getting wacked with the fly swatter. I get a lot of wolf spiders and they are really fast and can get quite big (nothing compared to a huntsman though) and also brown recluses which are poisonous. My worst experience with a spider happened last summer. I was laying on my stomach in bed and this big wolf spider climbed up the side of the bed and onto the back of my thigh. About gave me a heart attack.

Edited by RavenEyes19

Mr Christie is my new hero! (spider hater here :P)

• Like 1

If he didn't kill it, the spider would probably have its head eaten by its mate anyway.

I don't know if spiders do that.

Edited by Mnemonix

PETA is a joke, I can't even take them serious anymore.

• Like 1