Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sub discovers signs of legendary Atlantis

I even know who they are: Spongebob Squarepants and his friends.

Damn it, now that song is looping endlessly in my head. Doo doo tadoo, tadoo, DOOT! There, now you are all cursed as well. :yes:

• Like 3

What civilization are you inferring from a slab of granite???

tmexcalbian.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe you are all missing the main point.

Atlantis or not, this has to be more evidence of civilisation pre-dating the sacrosant 3000 - 4000BC written into all the school text books.

Z

Zoser, here's thread about a sunken (micro-)continent of 3 times the size of Japan:

http://www.unexplain...opic=156406&hl=

Most important line in the first post:

"Don't worry, it's nothing but science fiction."

But that continent did exist, in the south of the Indian Ocean.

Oh, and here a post concerning my fantasy (Kerguelen/ants):

http://www.unexplain...15#entry3889911

Kerguelen_Plateau_Location.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

We may be dealing with pre or older Atlantiss. That is a possability that should be looked into.

We may be dealing with pre or older Atlantiss. That is a possability that should be looked into.

But it's far to ancient to have anything to do with us humans or our distant ancestors who by then were still swinging from tree to tree.

EDIT:

Make that 'jumping from branch to branch'.

Edited by Abramelin

Maybe you are all missing the main point.

Atlantis or not, this has to be more evidence of civilisation pre-dating the sacrosant 3000 - 4000BC written into all the school text books.

Z

A possible land mass that is below water and that may have been above water in the past is not evidence of a civilization, ancient or otherwise unless you are willing to abandon all reason.

A possible land mass that is below water and that may have been above water in the past is not evidence of a civilization, ancient or otherwise unless you are willing to abandon all reason.

"Land mass".... it's about the size of Cuba.

• Like 1

I am still holding out for central New Jersey.

Being from PA, that would explain a few things about Jersey! :su

What civilization are you inferring from a slab of granite???

Remember 2001?

Actually no, since the article says both "several tens of million years ago" and "No man-made structures have been found there". Which invalidates your claim of it being "more evidence of civilisation pre-dating the sacrosant 3000 - 4000BC".

cormac

I think any man-made structure would be gone after millions of years in the ocean. Just saying!

tmexcalbian.jpg

So the Enterprise actually went back in time and didn't know it?

But it's far to ancient to have anything to do with us humans or our distant ancestors who by then were still swinging from tree to tree.

EDIT:

Make that 'jumping from branch to branch'.

Unless they were the Martians!

Come on! You're taking all the fun out of this by using logic! :clap:

"Land mass".... it's about the size of Cuba.

That's why I said land mass and not continent.

the lost city and continent of Atlantis was a unified super Pangaea continent and so was the ocean was really one true ocean that covered the whole planet at one time when Atlantis and Lemuria existed once long time ago.well most people think since it has the name of Atlantis it has to be located in the ocean of Atlantic.well what most people or once people believed i am sure there are some people still believe that it has to be located there.but the truth is scientist and people in charge of finding out whether Atlantis exited which it did at one time have been looking in all but the wrong places.its located in the opposite side of the world today somewhere in the Philippines or Indonesia most likely.the only concern i have is let's say they do find it there would they be more they be more than honest in what they find and tell the public or hide it a.k.a cover up and another important question is is the information true and reliable and not fabricated?i do not trust authority especially governments no matter from what nation.that;s one thing life has taught me.trust is earned not given!!!

Lemuria was the name given to a Hypothetical continent.

How can something in a thought experiment be real?

care to give some reference to validate that Lemuria was real?

• Like 1

Not to discredit the article and hopefully more research will be done, but from the article a statement jumped-out to me:

"No man-made structures have been found there."

As such, I remain cautious on their findings, for now.

the lost city and continent of Atlantis was a unified super Pangaea continent and so was the ocean was really one true ocean that covered the whole planet at one time when Atlantis and Lemuria existed once long time ago.well most people think since it has the name of Atlantis it has to be located in the ocean of Atlantic.well what most people or once people believed i am sure there are some people still believe that it has to be located there.but the truth is scientist and people in charge of finding out whether Atlantis exited which it did at one time have been looking in all but the wrong places.its located in the opposite side of the world today somewhere in the Philippines or Indonesia most likely.the only concern i have is let's say they do find it there would they be more they be more than honest in what they find and tell the public or hide it a.k.a cover up and another important question is is the information true and reliable and not fabricated?i do not trust authority especially governments no matter from what nation.that;s one thing life has taught me.trust is earned not given!!!

So now you are suggesting that Atlantis was a thriving civilization during the Permian Period. :rolleyes:

So now you are suggesting that Atlantis was a thriving civilization during the Permian Period. :rolleyes:

Thriving civilization of the Granitian kind.

• Like 1

Being from PA, that would explain a few things about Jersey! :su

The Central New Jersey (AKA Pine Barrens) hypothesis is based on pure logic, since Atlantis has already been 'located' everywhere else but not found. :P

• Like 1

bummer ... i wish someone would find a carved bust, or something astonishing, in tens of millions of years old Granite... !* :w00t:

Atlantis has always been widely considered a myth or legendary tale. There would have to be a lot of corroborating evidence to definitively say this is Atlantis. Until something tangible is offered, it'd be hard to believe. Edgar Cayce also claimed Atlantis would be discovered and it has not been to this day. These kind of things make for interesting stories, though.