Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is Not to Mock.

Ben Masada

GOD IS NOT TO MOCK.

"Make no mistake about this," said Paul, "No one makes a fool of God. A man will reap only what he saws." (Gal. 6:7)

Ahab, king of Israel the Ten Tribes was at war with Syria and he needed some help which he asked of Jehoshaphat, king of Judah. Somehow, Ahab was aware that the Syrian king had ordered the captains of their Armies to kill only king Ahab and the war would be over. (2 Chron. 18:30) So, Ahab, without any explanation why, asked the king of Judah to keep his royal robes while he, Ahab, would disguise himself as a common soldier. (2 Chron. 18:29) The siege was closing on Jehoshaphat when an arrow went berserk from a certain Syrian soldier and hit Ahab on the chest which was enough to kill him. (2 Chron. 18:33)

Now, if you turn to Acts 21, when Paul visited Jerusalem for the last time, he meant to get into the Temple but was afraid because of the news that he was preaching to the Jews throughout the Diaspora against Moses, the Jewish customs and circumcision. (Acts 21:21) In order to save him from being arrested, James, the head of the Nazarenes in Jerusalem had suggested that Paul joined four other Jews who had a vow and disguise himself in the Temple to make believe he was also an observant Jew. (Acts 21:23,24) When the seven days of the celebration were about over, some Jews from Asia recognized Paul and arrested him. (Acts 21:27) He was taken to trial, appealed to Caesar and left for Rome. And it was the last the Jews of Jerusalem ever saw of him.

The bottom line is that king Ahab disguised himself as a common soldier and was found by a fatal arrow from another common but Syrian soldier. Paul disguised himself as an observant Jew, was acknowledge by a Diaspora observant Jew visiting Jerusalem at the same time, was arrested and banished forever from the Land of Israel.

Indeed, God is not to mock. what one sows, that's exactly what one reaps.

~snip

"No one makes a fool of God. A man will reap only what he saws." (Gal. 6:7)

~snip

Are you mocking the scriptures ?

• Like 1

Are you mocking the scriptures ?

well, jesus WAS a carpenter third eye!

:-D

• Like 1

Now, if you turn to Acts 21,

Huh, what happened to acts 1 to 20?

I think I am missing a book for this thread.

• Like 2

I think those Acts were skipped because no one got killed ....

• Like 3

you'll find it in waterstones freet,

in the 'fiction' section.....

:-)

• Like 1

I think those Acts were skipped because no one got killed ....

Oh great, skip out the exciting bits!tres-fatigue.gif

• Like 2

you'll find it in waterstones freet,

in the 'fiction' section.....

Good, I love a good novel.

• Like 1

Good, I love a good novel.

he dies in the end.

• Like 1

Heh, I'm mocking god(s) by throwing any imaginable/unimaginable words (that do not repeating twice) as I typing... So what?

he dies in the end.

pain-pain-ache-headache-smiley-emoticon-000336-large.gif

I knew it!! was it the butler, it was wasn`t it??

• Like 1

GOD IS NOT TO MOCK.

"Make no mistake about this," said Paul, "No one makes a fool of God. A man will reap only what he saws." (Gal. 6:7)

Ahab, king of Israel the Ten Tribes was at war with Syria and he needed some help which he asked of Jehoshaphat, king of Judah. Somehow, Ahab was aware that the Syrian king had ordered the captains of their Armies to kill only king Ahab and the war would be over. (2 Chron. 18:30) So, Ahab, without any explanation why, asked the king of Judah to keep his royal robes while he, Ahab, would disguise himself as a common soldier. (2 Chron. 18:29) The siege was closing on Jehoshaphat when an arrow went berserk from a certain Syrian soldier and hit Ahab on the chest which was enough to kill him. (2 Chron. 18:33)

Now, if you turn to Acts 21, when Paul visited Jerusalem for the last time, he meant to get into the Temple but was afraid because of the news that he was preaching to the Jews throughout the Diaspora against Moses, the Jewish customs and circumcision. (Acts 21:21) In order to save him from being arrested, James, the head of the Nazarenes in Jerusalem had suggested that Paul joined four other Jews who had a vow and disguise himself in the Temple to make believe he was also an observant Jew. (Acts 21:23,24) When the seven days of the celebration were about over, some Jews from Asia recognized Paul and arrested him. (Acts 21:27) He was taken to trial, appealed to Caesar and left for Rome. And it was the last the Jews of Jerusalem ever saw of him.

The bottom line is that king Ahab disguised himself as a common soldier and was found by a fatal arrow from another common but Syrian soldier. Paul disguised himself as an observant Jew, was acknowledge by a Diaspora observant Jew visiting Jerusalem at the same time, was arrested and banished forever from the Land of Israel.

Indeed, God is not to mock. what one sows, that's exactly what one reaps.

Ahhh, god in all his narcissistic glory.

Edited by HavocWing
  • Like 2

pain-pain-ache-headache-smiley-emoticon-000336-large.gif

I knew it!! was it the butler, it was wasn`t it??

yup!

right after he cleaned up after what turned out to be the hero's final supper.....

• Like 2

Ahhh, god in all his narcissistic glory.

aw come on? narcissistic??

only the first four out of ten commandments were about worshipping him!

that still leaves another six for him to tell us what we can't do.....

And the temple Paul was cast out of? Where is that today?

And the temple Paul was cast out of? Where is that today?

Paul bought it to put his grammys up on display ....

main.jpg

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

This thread has become interesting. I wonder if god has a sense of humor and takes all this mocking in a lighthearted way. I mean, god is wise, right? God understands man, right? So, what does he expect? Nobody in their right mind likes to be told what to do and how to live. Nobody likes a boss, anyway, and while we may pay the boss lip-service when he's around, I think we have the right to mock him and vent our displeasure among ourselves.

If the boss is really an understanding guy and doesn't take himself too seriously in a psychotic way, he may even be sympathetic toward his mockers and indulgent, and accept the human psyche for what it is.

I don't think even god would want a superior god telling him what to do and how to behave.

• Like 3

what we need here is those monty python boys to make a skit of it ... whats left of 'em

• Like 2

You guys are seriously mocking the religious beliefs of others? Consider this thread reported.

It is called humour

• Like 1

The Holy Prophet’s Sense of Humor

The Prophet’s playfulness was also coupled with a beautiful sense of humor. He smiled often and would make jokes with members of his community. For example,

“Once, an old woman came up to him and asked for paradise. He said, “Old women do not enter the paradise.” The woman started crying. As she started leaving the room, the Prophet, showing his subtle sense of humor, stopped her and said, “Old women will become young before entering the heaven.” (Tirmadhi)

link

but there is a limit to what is defined as humor :

Aside from refraining completely from the kind of joking that may hurt another’s feeling, the Prophet (peace be upon him) never used to joke about that which was not true, likewise he instructed other not do so either saying “woe to the one who speaks and lies in order to make people laugh; woe to him, woe to him.” [2]

link

Humour in Sayings of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)

Prophet Muhammad (sas) said: "Even a smile is charity."

Since Islam is defined as way of life the scope of Islam and life should be fully convergent. As Islam is based on human nature, it also fully takes into account that nature, in its entire dimension. As a reflection of many different types of extremities among us as Muslims, some have divorced Islam in search of their jest and fun. Others, due to their "love" for Islam, have purified Islam and their life from any humorous dimension: So, no fun or humour.

The latter group is petrified by a reminder from the Prophet Muhammad, "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little." [sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, #627]

link

its some of the people of the faith ... not of the faith itself .... its a sign of the times ...

my Muslim friends has much sense of humor among the people that I know and call friends ...

~edit : font visibilty adjustment

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 2

You guys are seriously mocking the religious beliefs of others? Consider this thread reported.

didn't seem to get you anywhere 'spike'.

maybe the moderators can tell the difference between 'humour', and 'seriously mocking', even if you can't.

It is called humour

it's ok seeker, he turns up at nearly every post I make with the same misguided anger instead of being able to see what everyone else can see, namely humour, and not personal attacks. offense is neither given, nor intended, and in most cases offense isn't taken either, as even the devout on UM have a sense of humour.

• Like 1

Well OP could have hung around and debated seriously but he just started the thread and hasn't been back since.

Referring to a couple of passages from a questionable piece of literature doesn't really say anything at all.

Disguising yourself as a common soldier and getting killed - pretty self explanatory really - nothing to do with a god.

We could disguise ourselves as militants and get shot - no diving intervention.

Poor old Paul was disguising himself also and was recognized and found out and banished.

Even if the stories are true it doesn't have to have anything to do with god. Just some old school people misinterpreting logical and obvious happenings...

Edit: Added 's'.

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 3

Well OP could have hung around and debated seriously but he just started the thread and hasn't been back since.

Referring to a couple of passages from a questionable piece of literature doesn't really say anything at all.

if you notice timonthy, he didn't actually pose a question with which to start a debate, he just made a statement, which is a bit too close to preaching if you ask me, something that's usually frowned upon, even in the religious sections!

• Like 4

if you notice timonthy, he didn't actually pose a question with which to start a debate, he just made a statement, which is a bit too close to preaching if you ask me, something that's usually frowned upon, even in the religious sections!

and a poor job too he did ... we even had to pick up the humor slack ... and very nicely too I might add ... :tu:

~edit : post bumped

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 3

didn't seem to get you anywhere 'spike'.

maybe the moderators can tell the difference between 'humour', and 'seriously mocking', even if you can't.

it's ok seeker, he turns up at nearly every post I make with the same misguided anger instead of being able to see what everyone else can see, namely humour, and not personal attacks. offense is neither given, nor intended, and in most cases offense isn't taken either, as even the devout on UM have a sense of humour.

I have definitely borne witness to the very events you speak of. It's good to have a laugh every so often.

• Like 2