Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian documents - searchable PDF archive

topsecretresearch

Valentich was a strong ET proponent, had he become disorientated, it is more than conceivable that he assumed the lighthouse was indeed an ET craft, the stronger proponents do not tend to require much convincing. I honestly do not think he saw a craft in the sky that night, and whilst I feel this option is probably not as strong as the smuggling option, there is no connection between his disorientation and hypoxia which is also possible if he had a problem with the seal on the cabin, but the fact he was going to pick up crayfish (what he told those close to him, the official story was that he would be picking up passengers) that did not exist, and were out of season seems more than suspicious. And no passengers existed either.

I bet many people saw UFO's that very night, Mt Stromlo observatory advised that the night of the 21st was the peak of the meteorite stream with 10-15 sightings per hour achieved.

iz4feebaf6.JPG

I do not know if it is a long standing hoax, or a hoax that went wrong and ended in death, but I am completely sure this is no ET driven UFO. It was suggested that Uncle Phil said he was smuggling drugs, but I am pretty sure he did not. The woo woo sites have been blowing this out of proportion, and even go as far as to say " he would not make up stories" which is a load of crap. Not one of them ever met Valentich, and are making such up on the spot to appeal to authority. Personally as far as I know he was a pretty crap pilot, failed twice, and I personally expect he met with tragedy.

ETA I am pretty sure he got to 4,500 feet.

hey Psyche, firstly you are right it was 4500 feet. I have been to teh site from which you extracted that part about him being a 'UFO proponent' not so sure I would have used the word 'strong' like you did but lets not go into defining 'strong proponent'.

I have read the argument against crayfish was that he had not preordered any.....not that they were out of season.....the lying about where he was going is not important as there are hundreds of reasons that could possibly meant he lied....from misinterpretation to those he told...to him having a sordid affair or even smuggling drugs as Phil suggested.....these are all irrelevant to the event itself IMO.

Having said all that, I have seen a great debate and there was a very strong case made that he went into a spin (lines up with his comments about him orbiting).....Venus at 11degrees could have been the right light, with the green tint occuring due to the ceiling of craft having sunroof with green glass. The timing of the spiral start and end of communication also matched up with a freefall from that height straight into the sea.

will dig it out for you.

as for witnesses....four strange green lights on a long shape doesnt quite match up with meteorite storm but unless I can find the actual words of the witness it counts for little.

briefly jumping back on Valentich....I have read that there was a witness that night that described an object with four green lights......it is said that his account was given many years prior to the release of the Valentich audio.

his name Stephen Villages

I cannot find the source of this witness and can only find the same phrase repeated ''Stephen Villages, a Queensland man saw a long object ........''

if any one knows anymore on this please do post

Sunny Queensland, land of the Psyche. :D

Do you realise how far the border of Queensland is form Bass strait?

I bet he saw the streak of a meteor. We get green ones here all the time. One in Brisbane last year I believe.

Mate, no way on earth someone in Queensland saw something over Bass strait.

• Like 1

Although, all explanations are astronomical. I cannot say I agree with you on this one mate, it seem to me Quinatinalla thought a light in the sky was a star or a planet, and I feel he personally thought people who thought otherwise were zealous people who just needed to be shown more knowledge. I feel his paper after that fact refects this, and it seems to me that others with apathy for the ETH'ers would indeed act just the same, and further yet, this is also what I would epxect from a staunch hard working "find my own way up the ladder" type.

He is they type of debunker that believers tend complain about here, but does not frequent here. I think his animosity s something like that which you see when Jim Oberg and MacGuffin get together. No matter what info Jim puts up, MacGuffin will call it a lie, and take the opportunity to insult Jim. It's a mindset, not an evaluation. And it was prevalent at Roswell too between the base boys and the military.

The more info you put up, the more convinced my conclusion is the correct one. And I mean that with no offence as I am sure you know, we just seem to be seeing this from very different angles. That they do not show common sense, and all point at astronomical features I feel shows a common train of thought, and that being UFO nuts have no clue about anything, that is what I think Quintanilla's personal conclusion was, and why he felt he was doing a good job. I am afraid I do not feel that the commonality of astronomical features indicates deliberate misinformation. Ego perhaps.

points noted.

I just cant believe he thought he had come up with plausible solutions....I think we need to just clarify what doing a good job means....you see I argued against this however thinking about it you are right, he may have thought he was doing a good job....but good job being 'debunk' all events at all costs with any answer. As opposed to a good job by finding the causes/real answers.

How can one think 6 officers were chasing Venus? how can Venus match up even slightly to any descriptions given? how can Venus come so low to the ground? so no I dont think he thought that it was really Venus...I just think that he said anything to sign the case of as solved....doing a 'good' job.

and yes its incredible how by further posting I feel I strengthen my position and you feel the same way about yours....really is fascinating and maybe shows we are both possibly biased with our interpretations..(although I am sure we could both argue against anyone that suggested this lol)

Sunny Queensland, land of the Psyche. :D

Do you realise how far the border of Queensland is form Bass strait?

I bet he saw the streak of a meteor. We get green ones here all the time. One in Brisbane last year I believe.

Mate, no way on earth someone in Queensland saw something over Bass strait.

or he may not have been in Queensland at the time but thats where he is from :innocent:

as I said before without statement I cant use him......(before you go to work on him)

hey Psyche, firstly you are right it was 4500 feet. I have been to teh site from which you extracted that part about him being a 'UFO proponent' not so sure I would have used the word 'strong' like you did but lets not go into defining 'strong proponent'.

Hi Mate

Sorry in a rush tonight, been a huge day, logged in early today, forgot I had the page open till I went to shut down, just a brief note before I buzz off.

I did not originally get the UFO info from there, I mentioned it to MacGuff a while back but I am not sure the source, I will have to try to get back to you on that one. Not just him, his family also believed in ET/UFO's and some of them claimed to have seen them too.

I have read the argument against crayfish was that he had not preordered any.....not that they were out of season.....the lying about where he was going is not important as there are hundreds of reasons that could possibly meant he lied....from misinterpretation to those he told...to him having a sordid affair or even smuggling drugs as Phil suggested.....these are all irrelevant to the event itself IMO.

Mate, if you can get a Tassie Fisherman to organise you a Cray in October, I'll eat it :D Season starts November. Longer season for Male crays, but not right around the calendar to October. Stops inn April or thereabouts. But I do know the start of November marks the season.

Having said all that, I have seen a great debate and there was a very strong case made that he went into a spin (lines up with his comments about him orbiting).....Venus at 11degrees could have been the right light, with the green tint occuring due to the ceiling of craft having sunroof with green glass. The timing of the spiral start and end of communication also matched up with a freefall from that height straight into the sea.

will dig it out for you.

I'd be interested to read it, that sounds very familiar, I have a feeling you will find the above-mentioned UFO dedication on that very page.

as for witnesses....four strange green lights on a long shape doesnt quite match up with meteorite storm but unless I can find the actual words of the witness it counts for little.

Something like this I suspect

meteor1.jpg

and with 10-15 sighting an hour, could be multiples offering aforementioned description from illusion, like I said, we are known to get green fireballs in Queensland, I have discussed that with MacGuff too.

• Like 1

points noted.

I just cant believe he thought he had come up with plausible solutions....I think we need to just clarify what doing a good job means....you see I argued against this however thinking about it you are right, he may have thought he was doing a good job....but good job being 'debunk' all events at all costs with any answer. As opposed to a good job by finding the causes/real answers.

How can one think 6 officers were chasing Venus? how can Venus match up even slightly to any descriptions given? how can Venus come so low to the ground? so no I dont think he thought that it was really Venus...I just think that he said anything to sign the case of as solved....doing a 'good' job.

and yes its incredible how by further posting I feel I strengthen my position and you feel the same way about yours....really is fascinating and maybe shows we are both possibly biased with our interpretations..(although I am sure we could both argue against anyone that suggested this lol)

Mate, gotta dash, but I will rack my brain to see if I can offer an example of this mindset for when I get back.

Cheers.

Hi Mate

Sorry in a rush tonight, been a huge day, logged in early today, forgot I had the page open till I went to shut down, just a brief note before I buzz off.

no worries mate, enjoy the weekend.

and yes the blog has the part you posted...

heres the link...scroll down to the debate for further info.

http://badufos.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/new-developments-in-frederick-valentich.html

also noted on the crayfish...I love crayfish :)

as for the meteor shower do you think this is what Valentich witnessed also then?