Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fever-dream from last night

Paranoid Android

Part 1/3 -

So last night I was just getting over the really tough part of a flu-fever type of illness I’ve had for a few days. In the past few days, I’ve had very vivid dreams, but nothing you’d consider abnormal as far as my dreams go. Then last night, before I started to get better, I had an extended dream that I found very vivid, very confusing, and very strange. I’ve never been one to take a stock of dreams, either for the future or for what it may tell me about my subconscious, but I found this one worth sharing. It’s quite long, though, so I’ll try and chop it up into several smaller posts to keep you from reading a wall of text.

So anyway, it started off as all fevers do, with my mind just racing around and around and making very little logical connection to anything (images I had seen throughout the day rebounding and imploding against my consciousness until it seems to make some kind of cosmic sense). But at some point I began to see “flashes” of scenes, like a flashback in a movie. First I’d see my pillow, I’m lying face down, and I roll left, and suddenly I’m in a hospital waiting room. I’m not sure what I’m waiting for, but I know I’m there for a purpose. Then I see myself face down on my bedroom pillow again, and this time I roll right. Another flash, and I’m seeing a doctor, he’s performing cursory examinations. Very basic, turn your head and cough, kind of things. The doctor is very wooden, no talk beyond what is absolutely necessary, the less he spoke the better. It’s like he doesn’t want me to share how I’m feeling, instead trying to work out from my physiological responses how well or not I am.

Then I’d be looking at my pillow again, and I’d roll left. Flash. Back in the waiting room. Then the pillow, roll right, Flash. And a different doctor was checking me out for something else, the same non-committal interest in talk. I went through this several times over. I registered the pillow as part of the vision, but I didn’t simply think “hey, I’m in a dream because I can see my bed”. I saw every doctor you could possibly imagine (well, every doctor I can imagine, if you know medicine more than me, you probably know of several others I could have seen). One that stands out is a psychiatrist. I don’t remember him speaking at all. He just sat there, mechanically, and I flashed through whatever I happened to be rambling about in my life. So I began to share some stories of my life, and periodically I’d stumble across two stories that seemed share commonality, and I’d say – “these are two unrelated events, but you’re telling me they have a connection”? But he hadn’t said anything, it was me who was telling me that they have a connection. I knew this, but I kept blaming the psychiatrist for making up connections to my life and history. I can’t explain how frustrating it was talking to this person and blaming him for what I was saying. Incidentally, I don’t know whether there actually was a connection between these events or not, since the only one making the lines of reasoning was me (some of which is a lot more befuddled now in the light of day – eg, from memory I remember attributing something to a “post-mortification Oedipal [or possibly Freudian] outlook”).

Anyway, the “flashes” with my pillow slowed to a near-stop, but every now and then, at some point I felt like I caught a flash of the pillow again. But for now, I was back in the waiting room talking to an officious-looking gentleman. Kind (by the looks) and not too hardened by the ways of the world. He speaks to me and says, “well, I hope the integration hasn’t been too taxing on you”? Not sure what he meant, I looked at him questioningly. He clarified – “we’ve found it best over the years to make our patients as disoriented as possible in the early stages of integration, to make sure that what has happened dawns on them gently, and therefore cause no excess terror than necessary”.

“I don’t follow you”, I replied. He told me that if I weren’t disoriented, the last thing I would have remembered before the hospital was going to bed. And if I turned up here with no idea where I was or how I got here, I could freak out, panic, possibly cause harm to myself or others. Keeping an implanted image of my pillow helped me to adjust to the fact that I wasn’t still in my bed, and could therefore acclimatise to the fact that I am now elsewhere. I thought about it for a moment and said, “It makes sense”.

Apparently, the physical stage of testing was over, they knew my inner and outer health, and God knows what else. So I began to ask questions, “Where am I”? “We can’t actually tell you that”, came the reply. “Why am I here”? “All we can tell is that we have an interest in the social, cultural, religious and political landscape of your world”.

“World? Are you saying, I’m an alien abductee”? No, technically my body is still fast asleep in bed. I can’t move or drink my water or wake up or talk, but I’m there, alive. I’m being monitored, if someone needs to speak to me then my consciousness will be transplanted back into my body ASAP. Other than that I’ll be transferred back to the body every now and then, for brief times just to turn in bed and keep the body functioning healthily. “So, does this happen a lot, you guys take a lot of us”? Not sure what kind of response I'll get to that. The man told me, “oh, no more than 8 or 9 people each night”. I wasn’t sure if this was planet-wide, or just my country, or just my city, or just my suburb, and I did not ask (I suspect it more likely to be my suburb or city, than country or planet, but that’s something for later in the dream).

I think I’ll leave off for part 1, right there. I’ll post another part shortly! Normally I don't go in for multi-posting, but I find it much much easier on the eyes to read manageable chunks. Back soon :)

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 3

Part 2/3 -

Now that the opening of my dream is completed, I begin to start taking a look around. The waiting room has more people in it now, and it resembles more a thoroughfare than a waiting room. People are travelling through with suitcase, briefcases, there’s a television playing in the back corner. I’m not sure if the show on tv is their media outlet, or ours. It looks like it could be anything from CNN, but there’s no logo on the newsfeed. The top story appears to be about an Investigative Journalist who managed to track down a terrorist cell and managed to endear himself to them in order for an interview. In exchange for anonymity, and a demand to describe him as an “explosives expert” rather than “terrorist” (for legal reasons), the terrorist used the Journalist to spew hatred against the government, the people from the West. It’s starting to sound like human news, but for some reason I have a feeling it feels more like this is a simulation, a way of them showing us their situation from a point of view that we can understand. Perhaps (being a Star Trek buff) they were non-corporeal, and thus were showing a corporeal being what they were going through using corporeal images.

In any case, the debate seems to be about ethics in the media, whether a terrorist (even described as an “explosives expert”) deserves to be accepted as an anonymous source for journalists, or whether the journalist must be forced to reveal his sources in this situation. There’s also debate attempting to support the terrorist, but at this stage I cannot see what that side is saying. For the moment I’m distracted by movement, and the man I first met in the waiting room was back with some information. Using the data they gathered during my medical test they’ve managed to gather my current known genetic information, my neural pathways, my psychological profile, my very essence, and inserted the data into a wallet-sized box that is about to be strapped to my wrist. In the next set of tests they give, they’re going to ask me very specific questions about my past, my family, childhood, friends, relationships. They want me to tell them of my beliefs, my outlook, my wishes and desires for the future, my hopes, my fears. What this bracelet is supposed to do is record the data I provide and match it with the scans they have taken. If there is a discrepancy between what I tell them and what the box readout says, it means I’ve held something back or am lying.

So far everything seems fair and above board, I ask for a moment to finish watching that newsfeed on the terrorist/journalist issue. The news is now presenting a video clip that has gone viral, started by two brothers, two Muslim’s who share an equal hatred with the West. They have called themselves “The Brothers’ Mohammed”. It began with two Middle-Eastern looking brothers (possibly twins, if I were to guess) staring at their computer screens. For ease of reference I shall refer to these brothers in this post as M1 and M2 (for Mohammed – I think some Muslims may perhaps object to my unintended relation to B1 and B2 if I were to use the “B” in Brother as the name). Anyhow, this is how the video went:

M1: Salaam, my brothers. This (points to M2) is Brother Mohammed, to share something of global importance.

M2: Thank you, Brother Mohammed. Unless you’ve been living under a rock the past few days, you will know of the investigative journalist and his attacks on the glory of Allah. The media in the West have turned this into an ethics debate as to whether it’s ok to aid “terrorists”. Let’s move away from this prejudicial, bigoted, and discriminatory language. This man was not a terrorist, he was a libertarian and freedom fighter.

M1: Brother Mohammed, I couldn’t say it any better myself. The real problem here was not in the explosives being used for Allah’s plans, but it was the idea that a journalist would feel it acceptable to attempt to influence Islamic ideas. Listen to this:

*screen cuts to a recording of the journalist’s interview/s with the terrorist. It’s a cut-and-paste job of several quotes, no reply or context. Essentially, it reads questions from the Journalist - “How would you respond to those who say that you are not following a True Islam, that your actions mean you are not a True Muslim”? “Do you think your extremist philosophy is doing harm to the moderate believers around the world”?

M1: This attack is not on the use of explosives in our cause, it is an attack on the glory of Allah himself!

The video finishes with the voices of the two brothers reading aloud, and a transcript of that paragraph appears in large white writing across the screen –

If this video is not a hoax, as some have suggested, then the Journalist got at least one thing right! The person was NOT a true Muslim. If he were a TRUE MUSLIM, he would have detonated the explosives immediately, destroying this infidel and sacrificing himself for the glory of Allah.

That was the basic gist of the video. The opening comments are just a paraphrase, but the printed words at the end of the video is to the best of my knowledge an exact reproduction, and those words aren't likely to leave anytime soon.. To be honest, I have no idea where this came from. It plays no further part in the narrative of my dream, it just adds to the history of this universe my mind created. From here we go back to the tests and get to see how I react to situations.

So back to these tests I'm being asked to go through, I go into a test-room, where a person comes up to me and gives me a scenario that is directly from my past. I’m asked to relay my thoughts on them, my feelings and understanding of them in the context of my life. I’m asked several questions. Some of them simply get a nod and move on. Some, the facilitator tells me that I’ve left some things out. He then sets a playback recording, and a facsimile of me reacting to how the machine interprets I was feeling. Usually these were emotions resulting from fear, anger, hatred, envy, sadness, despair. Basically things I probably didn’t want people to know about what I experienced in life. And I admit to some fascination at watching myself shout and scream and cry about things while impassively looking on. The last question was a question about my religious beliefs. They ask me a question about my day-to-day life and ask me why I keep doing that one specific action when my morality tells me it’s wrong.

For personal reasons I’m not going to share what it is on an open forum. Simply suffice it to say that after my response, the facilitator told me “at least it doesn’t seem as simple as the black-and-white you sometimes portray on the internet”. My response was that “it has been my experience that morals are rarely ever black-and-white”.

A final question is asked to me, that is related to the previous one, but with a slightly different emphasis, a more important and personal question. He asks me the question, and my immediate thought is to give a secondary response. An answer that isn’t a lie, and truthfully answers the question being asked, but it doesn’t exactly portray the whole truth either. I think long and hard about it, before choosing to say the absolute truth. The guy stands at his machine for a moment, shocked at what he’s seeing. He looks at me and says, “That’s the first time in four tests that you’ve answered that question honestly”.

I was very confused. Four times? So I told him, “No, this is my first time”. To which he says, “Perhaps the first time you remember. You’ve been through this process three times in the past, but most people never remember more than a fleeting dream of this test”. Then he turns to his assistant and asks him to recheck the newest data to find out what may have changed for me to be honest this time. Incidentally, this is why I believe the 8 or 9 people they took each night were more likely local, there’s no way I would have been in there Sample Study four times if it were just pure luck on a planetary scale.

Anywho, that is Part 2 done, Part 3 will be up shortly :tu:

• Like 2

Part 3/3 –

The tests were over, and now I was being debriefed. I asked them how long I’d been here, it felt like a lifetime. They told me about fifteen hours. They said that this area was special in the universe since it produced a different Temporal Constant than the rest of the universe. They tell me that compared to the rest of the universe, they have a Temporal Constant of 17%. What this means, they explained to me, is that here wherever I am, for every 100 minutes that pass, where my body sleeps only 17 minutes pass. But the body cannot survive without my consciousness for that length of time, hence the reason I’m temporarily sent back down every now and then, just to move position slightly and recharge the body. In truth I think I kept seeing the pillow because I kept waking up for micro-moments in time - I'm still sick and people who are sick never have the most restful nights sleep. But it’s interesting that my subconscious would include a reason for noticing this.

Finally they ask me if there’s anything I’d like to know. So I start with the obvious – “where am I”. Unfortunately they cannot tell me, even though I knew this already from the answer at the start. So I then ask them if this is heaven (not sure why). They say no, it is not. Is it hell, then? Again, no. Ok, is this a place some people might have mistaken to be heaven before? A short pause followed by a laugh, “that would probably a fair observation”, they say.

For some reason I begin to ask questions about God and the nature of the universe, but the answers were not satisfying and mostly what I already tended to believe – that not even the most advanced civilisation in the universe fully understands either God or the universe. My final question was “Will I ever be back here again”? They think for a moment before saying, “Perhaps, and perhaps even in person, not just this misty shell”. They take me back to a kind of bus stop where I’m to await my transfer back into my body. There are three people waiting with me, my guide tells me that these people have to get home and some of them live quite a distance away. So I said, “But it only took me a second to get here and leave, why does it take you so long to leave”? He looked at me and said, “With respect, you came in through the Visitor’s Entrance. It’s a lot easier to come in this way than the Main Entrance. But it’s not as rewarding, either. Maybe one day we’ll see each other at the other end of the carpark”?

Before I had the time to really ponder the tragically stereotypical moral of this ending, I materialise back in my bed, saw that pillow once again, and then just as quickly I’m back at the bus stop. Two of the three people had left; there was just one guy about to leave, my guide. He looks confused to see me, and says that there must have been a targeting glitch somewhere in the software. I really wanted to stay there and talk, but he was more interested in fixing the technology. We only ever made small talk, and that was a shame because I knew that this would be the last time I would get to ever say anything to these people ever again. And sure enough, next time I was sent back to my body, I woke up.

And just to arouse my interest, how long had I been asleep? At 17 minutes per 100 minutes there, if it was accurate and the lady was right in saying that I had been there for 15 hours precisely, then my calculator says I should have been asleep for 4 hours 15 minutes. I felt like I had been sleeping 15 or 16 hours, but because I was sick still needed more. I looked at my clock, I’d been asleep 4 hours 25 minutes. I crashed back to bed, and had nowhere near as interesting a dream next time.

In any case, as I said, I’m not into interpreting dreams much, but if you are interested, I wouldn’t mind hearing your thoughts. Personally, I just thought it was a wildly vivid dream that felt so real at the time it happened. Thanks

~ Regards, PA

• Like 1

Welcome to the astral world PA :tu: btw it sounds like to me you had an induced controlled projection / obe experience. The bit about needing to send your consciousness back to your physical body every so often and the time difference is something i have been told as well. That isn't just 'made up'.

• Like 2

Hahahahaha you will really think your crazy, after it happens a few more times, and this scientist becomes a friend of yours.

Pay attention to context PA. It's not just a dream. Unfortunately you don't get to be a kind spiritual person without occasionally WAKEING Up. ;) the universe will not leave people like you alone. Sorry to break it to you brother.

Pm me anytime if you want to talk. :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the astral world PA :tu: btw it sounds like to me you had an induced controlled projection / obe experience. The bit about needing to send your consciousness back to your physical body every so often and the time difference is something i have been told as well. That isn't just 'made up'.

Interesting point. Hadn't thought about that. I'm not well read on this type of thing, I admit. I think I may have tried an astral projection once when I was High School mucking around with this type of thing, but I never took it seriously enough to devote a great deal of attention to it, despite my believing in a spirit world. Curious question, you suggest I may have an "induced" controlled projection. What might have induced me to see it? Something in my own person, or an external force?

Though I was particularly impressed by the closeness of the timing my dream date predicted, I thought it might have just been a subconscious working mathematics and an inner clock with far better accuracy than I could :P

Hahahahaha you will really think your crazy, after it happens a few more times, and this scientist becomes a friend of yours.

To be honest, I don't even remember asking the guy's name. It will be an interesting day when/if that happens. We'll see. So far this is the first time (in my memory, at least) that I have experienced a dream similar to this. I've always been into sci-fi so my dreams aren't always about going down to the shop and buying ice cream, and then eating it and finding out the ice cream was very nice. As I said, this dream just sort of stood out from the rest.

Pay attention to context PA. It's not just a dream. Unfortunately you don't get to be a kind spiritual person without occasionally WAKEING Up. ;) the universe will not leave people like you alone. Sorry to break it to you brother.

Don't ask why, but you sound like Hulk Hogan in my head right now - "sorry, brutha, but the universe has something waiting for you. He's in the Ring waiting for you to run out and kick your butt, dude". Don't take it the wrong way, it just may be being read in my head with a slightly different tone of voice than the one you're intending. If it happens again I'm definitely going to keep an eye out, but for now I'm happy to just share what was for me a unique experience :yes: Edited by Paranoid Android

To be honest, I don't even remember asking the guy's name. It will be an interesting day when/if that happens. We'll see. So far this is the first time (in my memory, at least) that I have experienced a dream similar to this. I've always been into sci-fi so my dreams aren't always about going down to the shop and buying ice cream, and then eating it and finding out the ice cream was very nice. As I said, this dream just sort of stood out from the rest.

Don't ask why, but you sound like Hulk Hogan in my head right now - "sorry, brutha, but the universe has something waiting for you. He's in the Ring waiting for you to run out and kick your butt, dude". Don't take it the wrong way, it just may be being read in my head with a slightly different tone of voice than the one you're intending. If it happens again I'm definitely going to keep an eye out, but for now I'm happy to just share what was for me a unique experience :yes:

Hahahahaha that's funny.

I'm not surprised it had a sci fi theme. It is part of what you are. Native Americans worked with animals and plants because that was their world and focus. I tend to get mixtures of modern and natural imagery. Children often get toys. We work with the internal imagery that we have developed for ourselves. This is true from NDEs to shamanic journeys.

Your altered state/dream was fevor induced, so your experiences will probably far and few In between, but as I mentioned I would not doubt if this is the beginning of something for you. ;)

PA

Thank you for the report. I hope you're completely better by now.

I don't interpert other people's dreams, so you can relax about that. A lot of it seems personal to you, and thoughts about things you have also thought about while awake, so you're a lot better situated than I could ever be to sort throught it.

As to remembering this dream when so many others are completely forgotten, I'd venture it is because you didn't sleep well, and that's because you were ill, not necessarily because of the contents of the dream. If you're interested, it's easy and reasonably quick for most people to learn to remember a lot of dream material without too much interference with sleep quality. However, if something does interfere with sleep quality, then it often improves dream recall.

You did a great job documenting the dream, too.

That's all from here. Well dreamt.

• Like 1

Hmm I'm confused, I thought both of you have agreed and said before that if the experiences are more plot driven then they are dreams and not obe/astral experiences.

I mean not involved in some scenerio. Dreams, for me, even lucid ones, always carry a story. I'm a zombie fighter, a dragon is in a storm after us, or some other plotline etc etc. To me these are clearly not OBEs lucid or not.

Taken from here http://www.unexplain...howtopic=244668 (just above this thread so I didn't have to dig around for it..)

So wouldn't this be an example of a plot driven story? It's also somewhat similar to an experience I had many many years ago. I guess it wasn't just a dream after all.. :alien:

?

Edited by Kazahel

I have never said that plot dreams can't be astral dreams.

Hmm I'm confused, I thought both of you have agreed and said before that if the experiences are more plot driven then they are dreams and not obe/astral experiences.

Taken from here http://www.unexplain...howtopic=244668 (just above this thread so I didn't have to dig around for it..)

So wouldn't this be an example of a plot driven story? It's also somewhat similar to an experience I had many many years ago. I guess it wasn't just a dream after all.. :alien:

?

I think it's pretty clear that I was speaking for myself in those threads.

I agree with a lot of that kaz, but.... There are so many differences.. Could it be a product... Of course... But for me.. And me alone. There is a clear separation.

I continued on speaking in passive voice. I only council from my own experiences.

With that said, no I draw lines with a projection vs a dream. They are seperate experiences ...FOR ME. That dies not mean that I don't consider dreams important or tied into spiritual experiences. Indeed I do. But a dream FOR ME. Is indeed a seperate kind of experience.

And please notice also that I never mentioned anything about astral travel with my response to PA. BL33e has a more expanded definition of astral experinces than I can allow myself, probably because she has more expanded experiences than I do. That dosnt even mean we disagree, if you want to get hung up on labels regarding non physical realities, I think you will be stuck on wording for a very long time.

Edited by Seeker79

I have never said that plot dreams can't be astral dreams.

I thought I read where you told someone recently that its a way to tell the difference between them. Perhaps I am mistaken though and am thinking of someone else.

I think it's pretty clear that I was speaking for myself in those threads.

*snip

And please notice also that I never mentioned anything about astral travel with my response to PA

No but when you tell him that "It's not just a dream", it kinda gives that impression. So I guess because you personally think dreams are always story driven then you would judge this experience as a dream and not an OBE/astral experience. Is that correct?

Edited by Kazahel

I thought I read where you told someone recently that its a way to tell the difference between them. Perhaps I am mistaken though and am thinking of someone else.

No but when you tell him that "It's not just a dream", it kinda gives that impression. So I guess because you personally think dreams are always story driven then you would judge this experience as a dream and not an OBE/astral experience. Is that correct?

"just a dream" Is a euphemism for dreams with no meaning. I don't Beleive any dreams are "just a dream". But yes If this were to happen to me I would classify it as a dream/vision not a journey. I think blu33 would call it an astral dream. As I have mentioned I personally have clear lines where the lines for the journey are drawn. ;) but its really not important kaz. Conciousness is a rainbow of states there are no lines between red and blue only transitions.

Take care my friend.

Not me. I believe consciousness has many tiers and levels to it (others may call it dimensions) and is spread out amongst layers like an onion. The astral layer/body/world is one of many that defines where non physical experience and perception takes place, thus meaning a part of us is always residing on the astral level. It is merely a shifting of awareness to a certain layer of consciousness or what others call 'projection' that determines what and where one perceives, some can link in with ease, others need training to bypass their mental barriers, but i believe dreaming takes place on a non physical level and it's down to whether the person has the awareness or not as to how they will perceive and define their experience. Not whether they projected or not and not whether it can be called astral projection or not.

Sleeping is one way to facilitate a shift, as is meditation. To me and my understanding of astral works, there is no black and white way to say this was just a dream or something more, because i take the view that we are residing multi dimensionally and dealing with multi levels of consciousness, nothing is just from one fixed camera angle or one fixed camera lens so to speak. Again it is just based on my own personal experiences and how i happen to comprehend the subject. No one has to agree with it.

Anyway, lets get the topic back on course again.

:tu: what a wild ride PA..
  • Like 1

There was a lot in that dream PA. My observation, for what it is worth, is this. I suspect elements of your subconscious were interacting and dialoguing in a very complex and involved dream, as they attemted to analyse and reconcile many incidental things in your life ATM.

As 8 bits said, you might remember it more than most because of the circumstances, but its the sort of thing which dreams exist to do..

I n reading through your description I can just see various parts of your psyche/subconscious /archetype holding this dialogue with other parts of your mind, perhaps triyng to resolve a number of issues in your mind. One thing is clear; a part of your mind is providing logical, rational explanations, to another part which is questioning your dream experience. Hence the aliens being able to give logical and untestable answers to your questions, which would be at least "sort of" believable or acceptable to you.

The hospital setting is probably related to your illness and your minds reaction to this physical state. Other elements obviously relate to things quite important to you like religion and relationships, trust etc.

It is also not suprising that you knew how long you had been asleep for and it is quite conceivable you were asking your subconscious this question, and it gave you an accurate answer, and added a bit of maths to make it more interesting

Of course seeker provides another possibility and I wouldnt disregard it. But over the years I have become aware of how my subconsciuos works and uses symbology to represent reality. This sounds like a fantastic ie marvelous, classic dream of that sort. Right down to the self knowledge that you might never be able to ascess this "fount of wisdom" or source, again. However it is possible that you could, if you manage to redirect your subconscious back to this topic while you are dreaming.

This passage for example

“With respect, you came in through the Visitor’s Entrance. It’s a lot easier to come in this way than the Main Entrance. But it’s not as rewarding, either. Maybe one day we’ll see each other at the other end of the carpark”?

Is absolutely something I would expect a part of your subconscious to say to you. Do you recognise its religious/ spiritual symbology, and its reference /connection to your own wider beliefs and values.?