Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scott Carpenter's Dogman/Bigfoot videos

Skeptic Chicken

I haven't seen this posted before.

Dogman:

While an hour may seem tedious, he's split the 4 pieces of different encounters up. The 4 pieces are pretty easy to find in the video.

And, Bigfoot "Cloaking":

[media=]

I don't know what to think about this. He seem's genuine. But I question the Bigfoot cloaking. The "dogman" footage seemed more realistic.

Any thought's or input?

Wouldn't a bear be more aggressive?

And he says he lives in Tennessee, just for clarity.

Wouldn't a bear be more aggressive?

And he says he lives in Tennessee, just for clarity.

well if you keep your distance you will be fine, unless there are cubs around.

Ah well he may well live in Tennessee but the woods can by anywhere in the US

The first one, the "dogman", could be anything. However, I find the second rather interesting on a number of levels. Unfortunately I'm pressed for time right now.

Yeah. The Cloaking Bigfoot one is kinda hard for me to make a decision on.

I mean, on one side, you have no idea what a bigfoot (if it is real) is capable of. Yet on the other, it could just be an after effect.

IMO the "stealth Bigfoot" video is just suggestion that it is a Bigfoot combined with pareidolia to try to make it believable to people.

• He, or someone is filming where they have been and not where they are going which is unusual.
  • The camera keeps centering on the area where the Bigfoot is supposed to be even though they don't know it's there.
  • To the right of the supposed stealthed Bigfoot is a dark area lower to the ground which is what appears past the trees as they walk and is stated to be the Bigfoot no longer stealthed.
  • His comment that there has never been a dark green bush there can not be corroborated since the follow up footage is taken months later when most of the leaves have fallen from the trees and bushes.

IMO the "stealth Bigfoot" video is just suggestion that it is a Bigfoot combined with pareidolia to try to make it believable to people.

• He, or someone is filming where they have been and not where they are going which is unusual.
  • The camera keeps centering on the area where the Bigfoot is supposed to be even though they don't know it's there.
  • To the right of the supposed stealthed Bigfoot is a dark area lower to the ground which is what appears past the trees as they walk and is stated to be the Bigfoot no longer stealthed.
  • His comment that there has never been a dark green bush there can not be corroborated since the follow up footage is taken months later when most of the leaves have fallen from the trees and bushes.

I agree. The "bigfoot" looks like he darkened the green behind where it was supposedly squatting. Although, I think he carries the back-camera to record going-ons behind him. Like, in the "Dogman" video, he says that after his first or second encounter, he was really shaken so he started using the back camera to record behind him incase for a sense of security.

I agree. The "bigfoot" looks like he darkened the green behind where it was supposedly squatting. Although, I think he carries the back-camera to record going-ons behind him. Like, in the "Dogman" video, he says that after his first or second encounter, he was really shaken so he started using the back camera to record behind him incase for a sense of security.

Still if you don't know something is there you normally don't make it the focus of your videography.

I don't have an hour and a half to watch these in detail right now, but can we ever get one of these videos where we don't need someone drawing lines around shadows/blurs and telling what we're supposed to be seeing?

So Bigfoot can "cloak" or enter stealth mode or whatever - well how does that jive with all of the videos of a Bigfoot running across a road or a hillside. Or, for that matter, standing on the side of a road while a car goes driving by him.

It just seems, well, inconsistent.

• Like 1

I don't have an hour and a half to watch these in detail right now, but can we ever get one of these videos where we don't need someone drawing lines around shadows/blurs and telling what we're supposed to be seeing?

So Bigfoot can "cloak" or enter stealth mode or whatever - well how does that jive with all of the videos of a Bigfoot running across a road or a hillside. Or, for that matter, standing on the side of a road while a car goes driving by him.

It just seems, well, inconsistent.

Keep in mind Rafterman, snipers depend on their ability to blend into their surroundings and disappear. I've had to do a similar thing a time or two in my life and at one point I could have reached out and grabbed the leg of an NVA regular who was looking for me. That's how close we were. Mind you, I'm not ready to jump on the believer band wagon on this one just yet. I need to see the entire video first.

Thanks, Skeptic Chicken.

Dogman video: I watched it all

First encounter:

I see a bear-like ear, snout, eyes, lighter coloring of snout. Black bear also pop their jaws as he mentioned in reference to Dogman

Second Encounter:

I see a cow/bull- like nostrils and eyes. He mentions mysterious mouth movement? Chewing it's cud?

Last encounter where body is seen:

I still see a bear-like face but not where he diagrams the "eyes, nose and mouth"

Dogman Ear and Footprint segement:

I see horse-like ears. Carpenter does mention a horse trail.

Do these creatures not spook the horses? He felt threatened and very uncomfortable and was armed.

I guess I missed what made him assume “Dogman” on these very obstructed encounters.

Well, one thing is for sure, if Monet had ever painted a cryptid in the woods, we know exactly what the painting would have looked like.

Edited by QuiteContrary

In the Bigfoot cloaking video:

I still see those same bear-like ears. And since I personally do not find either Dogman or Bigfoot probable, I'm thinking I could make either of these vids using a large stuffed bear or facsimile.

Sorry, Scott. But your coat does bring out your baby blues. :-*

both videos are lame...someone tell this fool to take a real video camera next time and learn to focus

I tried to find out more about Scott Carpenter from some independent source and there isn't very much. Not sure if it's because he has the same name as the Astronaut.

Keep in mind Rafterman, snipers depend on their ability to blend into their surroundings and disappear. I've had to do a similar thing a time or two in my life and at one point I could have reached out and grabbed the leg of an NVA regular who was looking for me. That's how close we were. Mind you, I'm not ready to jump on the believer band wagon on this one just yet. I need to see the entire video first.

Oh absolutely. I spent the first 20 years of my life living and playing in the woods of Mississippi and could hide so well that the average person wouldn't see me if I were 2 feet in front of them. So, yes it is possible.

But I was also thinking, what's the one Bigfoot trait that every bigfoot hunter talks about - yep, the SMELL. A smell so putrid that it could be nothing else but Bigfoot according to most researchers. That would kind of make it hard to hide one foot off of a trail if you ask me.

And he's part of Ketchum's DNA study.

I noticed that. Blows a big hole in his credibility if you ask me.

• Like 2

Oh absolutely. I spent the first 20 years of my life living and playing in the woods of Mississippi and could hide so well that the average person wouldn't see me if I were 2 feet in front of them. So, yes it is possible.

But I was also thinking, what's the one Bigfoot trait that every bigfoot hunter talks about - yep, the SMELL. A smell so putrid that it could be nothing else but Bigfoot according to most researchers. That would kind of make it hard to hide one foot off of a trail if you ask me.

But, would a human or an animal be drawn to a scent like that? It may not help in keeping itself hidden, but I wouldn't want to just walk up to an incredibly smelly spot and have a big whiff.

It'd be repulsive to me. But to each their own, i guess.

I I can't watch the video at the moment and I don't have the time, but stealth Bigfoot sounds ridiculous to me. Let's give him more abilities that help cover-up his existence despite the fact we have countless videos and photos of him.

When I get the chance, I'll see if I can watch it.

But, would a human or an animal be drawn to a scent like that? It may not help in keeping itself hidden, but I wouldn't want to just walk up to an incredibly smelly spot and have a big whiff.

It'd be repulsive to me. But to each their own, i guess.

My point is that how can this Carpenter guy NOT KNOW that he is in the presence of one if, indeed, the stench is so bad? Since it's such a common trait, I'm certain that a noted Bigfoot researcher (on the Ketchum DNA team in fact) would know instantly that he was anywhere within a few hundred feet of Bigfoot, much less walking by in p***ing distance from him.

Edited by Rafterman

I'd buy a camouflaged human (or stuffed Teddy) long before I'd buy a very large bigfoot creature on the edge of a trail in some sort of "stealth mode".

Nevermind, we can see absolutely no solid video evidence of any creature, human or cryptid, behind him. (See my signature quote from keninsc)

Imo, he appears to live in a cryptid dreamworld, and talks quietly for fear of waking up.

This guy is a troubling odd duck, imo. And I should know, as it takes one to know one.

Edited by QuiteContrary

My point is that how can this Carpenter guy NOT KNOW that he is in the presence of one if, indeed, the stench is so bad? Since it's such a common trait, I'm certain that a noted Bigfoot researcher (on the Ketchum DNA team in fact) would know instantly that he was anywhere within a few hundred feet of Bigfoot, much less walking by in p***ing distance from him.

It's funny you mention that, as I was watching an old Monster Quest about the Swamp Ape, the other day.

Anyway, one eye-witness described the Swamp Ape as smelling like rotten eggs, sulphur, and a wet long haired dog that had spent the night in a goat pen. A typical Swamp Ape description.

Then they interviewed the Native People there who described THEIR legendary "hairy wild man who lives in the woods" as having a sweet smell!

Why such a huge discrepancy if talking about the same creature?

Edited by QuiteContrary

Simple, Bigfoot come in a variety of flavors and smells.

• Like 1

Simple, Bigfoot come in a variety of flavors and smells.

White man's Bigfoot-like creatures, yes.

The hairy men of this Native American legend, not.

Yet footers claim they are one in the same, attempting to make bigfoot historical rather than a recent modern-day phenomenon.

Edited by QuiteContrary

White man's Bigfoot-like creatures, yes.

The hairy men of this Native American legend, not.

Yet footers claim they are one in the same, attempting to make bigfoot historical rather than a recent modern-day phenomenon.

To be honest, if one were to note all of the inconsistencies with Bigfoot lore, the list would probably be as long as your arm.