Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scott Carpenter's Dogman/Bigfoot videos

Skeptic Chicken

To be honest, if one were to note all of the inconsistencies with Bigfoot lore, the list would probably be as long as your arm.

That is for sure. Bigfoot evolves right before our eyes.

edit to add:

But in this case, the local Swamp Ape, they were attempting to connect NA legend with current sightings, even though one is described as smelling sweet and the other is often described the opposite. ??

Edited by QuiteContrary

That is for sure. Bigfoot evolves right before our eyes.

edit to add:

But in this case, the local Swamp Ape, they were attempting to connect NA legend with current sightings, even though one is described as smelling sweet and the other is often described the opposite. ??

It's important to point out, however, that the "sweet smell" was not reported until AFTER the 18 wheeler full of Drakkar crashed in the Everglades.

• Like 2

Has any evidence of bigfoot been found yet?

Someone let me know when some shows up please. I'll wait.

It's important to point out, however, that the "sweet smell" was not reported until AFTER the 18 wheeler full of Drakkar crashed in the Everglades.

The Swamp Ape population went up too.

• Like 1

I tried to find out more about Scott Carpenter from some independent source and there isn't very much. Not sure if it's because he has the same name as the Astronaut.

Scott Carpenter = Joe Black

Google Joe Black / Bigfoot, you will find a lot.

Scott Carpenter.....AKA...Joe Black

Anyway, thought I would give a little help.

Edited by Sakari

Bigfoot fans......

I must be real bored....

try this on for size, Bigfoots talking to each other on tape.....

Link and partial story.

Bigfoot and the Adena - Are the Ancient Mound Builders and Bigfoot One in the Same???

Mk Davis posted audio from a Texas research location that has two Bigfoot talking to a video camera after dark. It sounds like one is smaller and one is larger. They call the name of the lady who lives on the property “Sandi”. They both repeat the word “Adena”. Listen to the audio below.

Transcription:

High voice - Alotee, Sandi, Adena, Alotee, Sandi, awn don, awn don.

Deep voice – Alotee, Adena, Alotee.

The Adena were an ancient North American race known for their mound building. Jim Vieira has documented that these “mound builders” were giants with two rows of teeth. Skeletons have been unearthed between seven and ten feet tall. Using some common sense and connecting the dots are the Bigfoot descendents of the Adena people? Was there a disaster or were they conquered and the remnants of the Adena forced to flee and live in the wilderness? Were the Bigfoot in Texas trying to tell “Sandi” that they were the Adena people?

http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/

Edited by Sakari

Bigfoot fans......

I must be real bored....

try this on for size, Bigfoots talking to each other on tape.....

Link and partial story.

Bigfoot and the Adena - Are the Ancient Mound Builders and Bigfoot One in the Same???

Mk Davis posted audio from a Texas research location that has two Bigfoot talking to a video camera after dark. It sounds like one is smaller and one is larger. They call the name of the lady who lives on the property “Sandi”. They both repeat the word “Adena”. Listen to the audio below.

Transcription:

High voice - Alotee, Sandi, Adena, Alotee, Sandi, awn don, awn don.

Deep voice – Alotee, Adena, Alotee.

The Adena were an ancient North American race known for their mound building. Jim Vieira has documented that these “mound builders” were giants with two rows of teeth. Skeletons have been unearthed between seven and ten feet tall. Using some common sense and connecting the dots are the Bigfoot descendents of the Adena people? Was there a disaster or were they conquered and the remnants of the Adena forced to flee and live in the wilderness? Were the Bigfoot in Texas trying to tell “Sandi” that they were the Adena people?

http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/

Okay, the "voices" sound like something from a baad B movie. Savages trying to communicate with White Man...blah blah blah

Yes, the "Adena/BF Connection" has been around a while with footers not historians or archaeologists!

However, did they call themselves Adena? Or, have these two Chatty Kathy's been reading history texts or googling?

We lived around the mounds in Ohio and WV. We used to sled down their mounds. And yes, they found a tall 7'4" (?) Indian buried in one Mound only (??). His skeleton is at the Smithsonian.

I never checked it out, but it is what a South Charleston Mound Museum combo Mayor's Office worker told me years ago, when I heard about the "BF Connection". I did find an archaeological reference years ago too.

Sakari, you need to stop, you're going to give yourself nightmares! lol

I'd have busted a gut making that audio. Literally, I'd be hospitalized with some internal organ split wide open from laughing. Tooo funny!

Edited by QuiteContrary

Pareidolia...

IMHO.

What I don't get is that these guys make a video from 100 yards away, and "see" bigfoot or dogman or whatever... and instead of moving half that distance forward and confirming that there is something really there, or even more bravely.... going to the spot where the supposed critter is and looking for tracks or scuff marks... They instead end the video with lines drawn around some shadows and then proceed to show another long range video of shadows culmonating in lines drawn to help show what is supposed to be there.

For goodness sakes.... Even moving 20 or 30 feet to the left or right (if they are too "afraid" to move forward) while taping would go a LONG way toward showing that there is really something there or just shadows...

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

What is the next level up from pareidolia? :w00t:

I guess Mr. Carpenter-Black viewed some of these after the fact, as some were shot using his backward facing camera. I truly like that idea, btw. He then came up with enough Dogman anatomy somehow to make a call?

But the last one where he filmed them making eye-contact and it made him very uneasy. He could have helped us out a bit more at the time, I can't make out what he's referring to.

I "see" bull faces and horse ears and bear snouts and lots of foliage. He "sees" Dogman and Bigfoot. Pareidolia: The great equalizer.

Edited by QuiteContrary

You can see whatever you want if you look at it long enough. It's something the human mind tries to do is make sense of jumbled up "stuff".

I have noticed that as far as the odor of Bigfoot goes, some report a nasty smell and others don't. Having only encountered a nasty smell once I don't know if maybe Bigfoots get "musky" during what might be their mating season, many other species do get funky. Or it could be some method of marking a territory......maybe some bath more regularly than others. The stealth aspects of possible Bigfoots intrigues me, not sure why but it does. Perhaps because I've played the adult "hide and seek" game as well.

You can see whatever you want if you look at it long enough. It's something the human mind tries to do is make sense of jumbled up "stuff".

I have noticed that as far as the odor of Bigfoot goes, some report a nasty smell and others don't. Having only encountered a nasty smell once I don't know if maybe Bigfoots get "musky" during what might be their mating season, many other species do get funky. Or it could be some method of marking a territory......maybe some bath more regularly than others. The stealth aspects of possible Bigfoots intrigues me, not sure why but it does. Perhaps because I've played the adult "hide and seek" game as well.

Maybe they only smell really bad in the Summer and Fall when there is a lot less rain to clean the BigPoo out of their fur.

Maybe they only smell really bad in the Summer and Fall when there is a lot less rain to clean the BigPoo out of their fur.

That's a new one on me. My quote came threw but not my comment.......probably operator error while using a new cell phone.....but regardless I'm going to blame the machine.

Well, they couldn't be any worse than goats or certain monkeys, when they're in heat they'll bath in the urine of the opposite sex. Sort of like Simian Channel No. 5. There are creatures in nature that we know about that will alter or change their smell for sexual or territorial reasons. Now back the the stealth thing, I have noticed that other creatures.......my old cat for instance seems to only have one defensive strategy and that's that she would crouch down, lay her ears back and apparently go invisible. Not moving, just sitting in plain sight.....in the middle of a room. Unfortunately, we had decided to take care of a friend's Great Dane for a month while they were out of the country and sadly the dog was great with people and children however if another living animal came into the back yard......house......where ever the dog was the dog had to eat it. Squirrels, rabbits, cats, small dogs, field mice....whatever. Ok, so when you have a cats that thinks he can become invisible and a dog who, upon seeing the cat, begins his target lock stare and his "tastes like chicken" attack with what can only be seen as a totally psychotic animal event. The cat's strategy is totally wrong given the threat but for some reason the cat has no other abilities when threatened. Squat, ears down, go invisible.

Could be Bigfoots might do something like that when they aren't awash in whatever makes them stink to high Heaven. Just sort of thinking out loud hear, so anyone except......

Feel free to join the brain storming session.

If I had to guess, I'd say the bad smell thing is similar to what gorrilla do when they percieve a threat. That's why the differences in smells are reported. It depends on the situation of the encounter. It's all just a myth anyways so it really doesn't matter.

Every Bigfoot, or to use the colloquial "Skunk Ape", I have encountered has had a horrible odor. Maybe it is just the environment and other's in dryer climates might have a different scent.

Every Bigfoot, or to use the colloquial "Skunk Ape", I have encountered has had a horrible odor. Maybe it is just the environment and other's in dryer climates might have a different scent.

You've encountered more then one?

Swamp gas

Yes, that is the reason given for Swamp Ape odor. They supposedly bed down in (empty :yes: ) alligator nests or hide in their holes**, something like that, I remember hearing some years back but don't remember exactly. And end up with that sulphur smell.

As far as bigfoot? Humanoid with full body hair, sweat glands? no bathing or soap or hygiene practices = stinky ( I would think, but can't be sure). Some witnesses may not smell an odor if they are not downwind, not close enough, in too much of a state to notice, or it's winter (when they smell better) or odor may depend on their diet or...

Edited by QuiteContrary

Then again the local NA claim their hairy swamp man has a sweet odor. We lived in a house with sulphur water. The bathroom would smell, but we never did, and it was great for skin and hair as I remember (softening).

You've encountered more then one?

More than one, or the same one several times... who knows.

More than one, or the same one several times... who knows.

What do you label an "encounter"?

Was the smell enough to send you the opposite away?

You could distinguish this creatures smell from the surrounding smell of the swamp.

What do you think they eat? If a carnivore/omnivore how do you think it might sneak up on or surprise ambush an animal with a nose?

Even if it "sets" some kind of trap, wouldn't the trap smell of this highly odorous creature?

keninsc could answer this, but couldn't the VC smell us too? Or is that a myth.

humans can't smell is well as animals