Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronomical Alignment Found at Peru Pyramid

Still Waters

An ancient astronomical alignment in southern Peru has been discovered by researchers between a pyramid, two stone lines and the setting sun during the winter solstice. During the solstice, hundreds of years ago, the three would have lined up to frame the pyramid in light.

http://www.livescien...ru-pyramid.html

• Like 1

Solstice-winter.jpg

would've been a sight to behold, they sure know how to celebrate with nature

Must be me, but I don't find this all very convincing of proof of an alignment.

Why wouldent it be aligned, Most pyramids have some sort of alignment, Not to mention the dozens of ancient structures around the wold that have alignments to the solicastes

Why wouldent it be aligned, Most pyramids have some sort of alignment, Not to mention the dozens of ancient structures around the wold that have alignments to the solicastes

I'm not saying it couldn't be an alignment, just that this doesn't really look like one.

This is the complete picture:

peru-pyramid-alignment-4.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Dear Still Waters,

I know what you do here, is to create debate, i know you are a moderator, but i'm not trying to put you under pressure with your thread input, be aware i look for other input after you make Thread!

We will start slowly, on any other forum, i have never said that 21st December 2012 would be end of the world, i have said it might be connected to Philosophy, to god, something completely different, i have no idea how philosophy between South America and European can be joined regarding HERMETIC PHILOSOPHY, please note that some astronomers can do this regarding Mayan Calendar:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izapa

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~izapa

Please note i'm not willing to talk about silly things about end of the world, but am willing to talk about how philosophy closed the gap within the Pacific Ocean, thats a different debate!

Astronomers do like Izapa as origin of Mayan Calendar......why is that......please show analysis?

Astronomy analysis below regarding Mayan Calendar and 21st December 2012, analysis is by Sun rising and setting by location, no doubt you will see Sirius and Alnilam, Belt of Orion on graph aligned, this is accurate astronomy:-

http://2012forum.com...=3509&mode=view

Edited by monk 56

You state It is as if Still Waters has some intent for posting the topic.

It is a News that has been filed under "Ancient Mysteries & Alternative History" Sub Forum.

Still Waters searches the web and posts interesting articles as NEWS on UM.

Might be, he is interested and have a deep understanding in it. But for short, it is news.

Try to differentiate between News and a Post made for a discussion.

• Like 1

Lets make this obvious, Still Waters is a moderator and creates many threads for debate, a search will tell you that, i'm trying to take heat off of Still Waters within starting debate on this thread, please note this in reply...it isn't rocket science!

You state It is as if Still Waters has some intent for posting the topic.

It is a News that has been filed under "Ancient Mysteries & Alternative History" Sub Forum.

Still Waters searches the web and posts interesting articles as NEWS on UM.

Might be, he is interested and have a deep understanding in it. But for short, it is news.

Try to differentiate between News and a Post made for a discussion.

We all know SW puts hidden messages in her posts....

This is what she posted:

"An ancient astronomical alignment in southern Peru has been discovered by researchers between a pyramid, two stone lines and the setting sun during the winter solstice. During the solstice, hundreds of years ago, the three would have lined up to frame the pyramid in light."

But what she really meant was:

"A weird alignment in the south of San Francisco has been discovered by hobos between a café, two stoned hippies and the setting sun during a summer party. During that party, a couple of years ago, the hippies would have lined up with the setting sun holding up a huge magnifying glass to set the cafe alight"

1782164_13236707361292.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

If Still Waters had any intent, we as posters have to note how many thread starts by moderator, this is to create debate and help forum....the debate is for us, and not involving Still Waters, get started!

If Still Waters had any intent, we as posters have to note how many thread starts by moderator, this is to create debate and help forum....the debate is for us, and not involving Still Waters, get started!

I already did, but then you come up with the bloody obvious, hahaha !!

Well, let me repeat: it doesn't really look like an alignment.

Still Waters starts many threads for debate for forums obviously moderator feels there is some issue for members to debate, without intention to outcome!

I start few threads, but there is intention, big difference!

Mayan Calendar stuff is my backyard, so intention!

So many people want to say something without evidence, it must be noted i always give astronomical clear evidence with posts!

You do need a lot of foreplay and a**kissing before you get on with it, right?

Now, what do you have to say about those alignments Still Waters posted about?

FYI: Peru =/= Mexico, so it has nothing to do with the Maya.

And like I said 3 times now: it doesn't look like an alignment:

peru-pyramid-alignment-4.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Still Waters starts many threads for debate for forums obviously moderator feels there is some issue for members to debate, without intention to outcome!

I start few threads, but there is intention, big difference!

Mayan Calendar stuff is my backyard, so intention!

So many people want to say something without evidence, it must be noted i always give astronomical clear evidence with posts!

That is because it it Still Waters responsibility to post news.

The posts she (oops for earlier mistake) makes are majorily based on news items with a scientific basis.

Not some i-find-all-the stars-lined-up- for -any-moment-even-when-a-dog-takes-a-poop dept.

It is very funny to say i'm in with Moderators, I'm a Hedgehog and Moderators know this, and would run a mile from me ha ha!

If i want to be fair to moderators is something different, don't expect reply ha ha!

The Concept of the Tzolk'in is observed below, please note i give astronomical images, left click on attachments. Message to moderators, as far as i know this forum will be closed soon, please note that i'm not trying to steal members from this forum, sadly the mayan forum by Rob is soon to be finished!

However there are a few nuts as here regarding astronomical images, thus please view 8 pages on this, it does run off course like many threads, be sharp with my comments and images!

http://2012forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21612

I'm not exactly okay with people who look to numerology, i can get funny with them!