Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bear kills monkey: animal stunt goes wrong

Still Waters

In the video, which was posted onto Live Leak on Sunday, the crowd can be heard cheering as two primates and a bear are forced to race bicycles around a track as part of a circus act.

After several circuits of the ring, one of the monkeys loses its balance and falls into the path of the oncoming bear.

http://www.telegraph...goes-wrong.html

• Like 1

Where was this primitive barbarity?

Oh, China, what d'you expect. I'm not sure what this demonstrates in evolutionary terms; perhaps, if Bears had developed the capability to ride bicycles, they might be top of the evolutionary tree. Who can say.

• Like 1

This makes me sick....Human's are disgusting (not all,only the low lives), they don't deserve the term "human" more like "monsters". Why on earth would you even make a bear ride a bicycle,and monkey's...for human entertainment?...this is not entertainment,its torture at it's best!!. *pukes*.

• Like 5

We could see that the Asian bear was muzzeled, and in the updated report, the monkey lived to ride again. I agree with the two comments above about this video of strange "human" behavior towards the animal kingdom. :td:

• Like 1

We could see that the Asian bear was muzzeled, and in the updated report, the monkey lived to ride again. I agree with the two comments above about this video of strange "human" behavior towards the animal kingdom. :td:

Hooray ! :clap:

• Like 1

I'm also guilty of immediately suspecting China as the source of this video. I realize two wrongs don't make a right, but I think it might be relevant to point out some of the popular "family entertainment" in the U.S.A., such events as hog-dog fights.

This cruel blood sport is illegal in only six states.

American hog-dog fights or “hog-catching” events make this bear-monkey circus look positively compassionate.

p.s. there are plenty of hog-dog videos on Youtube if you want to see what this "family entertainment" is all about.

Edited by redhen
  • Like 3

Thanks Redhen for pointing this out.

It is all too easy to point fingers at everyone else, claiming 'them' to be the wrong ones when the same abuses are happening in our own country.

As a side note, when I was little I attended a local fair and there was this glass cage with a chicken in it and they called it 'The Dancing Chicken'. Being ignorant, as most children are, I asked my mom for a dime so I could see the 'show' and she gently but firmly explained to me what it was really about which was a chicken standing on a metal plate and when activated, sent electricity through it thus shocking the chicken.

At first I did not understand but when I thought about it later I realized how terrible it was to torment animals for amusement.

Animal acts are really no different regardless of circumstances. Animals being made to do stupid stuff to entertain us.

As for the 'hog-dog' thing..I cannot imagine how anyone would think this is fun entertainment, especially for children.

Sick stuff..all of it.

If we cannot even bring ourselves to treat animals with some modicum of decency then how do we expect our race to treat others with dignity and compassion?

• Like 2

If we cannot even bring ourselves to treat animals with some modicum of decency then how do we expect our race to treat others with dignity and compassion?

Indeed, the two are inseparable. That's why slave abolitionists like William Wilberforce went on to co-found the RSPCA. Likewise that's why Henry Bergh, founder of the American SPCA also went on to co-found the New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children

The reason is obvious, both men spoke up for suffering beings who had no voice.

• Like 2

We could see that the Asian bear was muzzeled, and in the updated report, the monkey lived to ride again.

I'm glad the monkey's OK. Hopefully he will learn from the experience. I mean, what does he think's going to happen if he knocks a bear off his bicycle?!!!!

• Like 2

Bear had to get that monkey off his back.

Glad the monkey is okay.

• Like 1

Well, at least the bear didn't spank him in front of everyone. :whistle:

• Like 1