Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Savile Case Lead To 'Persecution', Lawyer Say

ali smack

http://news.sky.com/story/1088447/savile-case-lead-to-persecution-lawyer-says

"The "persecution of old men" in the wake of the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal is wrong and the age of consent should be lowered to 13, according to a leading barrister.

Barbara Hewson said the child sex abuse crimes of the disgraced television presenter Stuart Hall were "low level misdemeanours".

She also said the law that guarantees anonymity for those who complain of sex abuse should be scrapped.

The leading human rights barrister at London chambers Hardwicke said: "The post-Savile witch-hunting of ageing celebs echoes the Soviet Union"."

I think this so called human rights barrister is quite frankly bonkers! I agree that the Operation Yewtree and various sex abuse arrests lately are a form of Celebrity witch hunt. And in my opinion a farce as I have already discussed in a thread already why. But to say Stuart Hall's crimes were low level misdemeanours is absurd. He abused a 9 year old girl. How is that not terrible. And to say age of consent should be lowered to 13 is stupid.

Typical moronic do gooder type

• Like 2

13?? where does she think she is, in Saudi Arabia?

• Like 1

Someone speaking with common sense at last.

Thank god it's a woman though, if a man said anything like that he'd be arrested.

• Like 1

celebrity or not, you abuse children, you DESERVE to be hunted.

as for 'lowering the age of consent to 13', i'm guessing the woefully deluded specimen who made that remark doesn't have any daughters?

• Like 1

Thank god it's a woman though, if a man said anything like that he'd be arrested.

So cos its a woman who said it makes 13 as an age of consent acceptable?

I can't believe anyone but a paedo would want the age lowered to 13... Much less a woman who should know better... I suppose a case could be made for it going to 16 (I believe it's 18 here in Oklahoma)... but even then it's a slippery slope...

"Cradle robbing" has always disgusted me on a personal level... Maybe I'm just not "hip" enough for today...

• Like 3

Think she needs to give her head a shake!!

• Like 2

if she hasn't got the time to do it, with her being busy making stoopid statements 'n all, i'd volunteer to do it for her.....

• Like 3

I doubt it will affect anything which may be floating about in there, but its worth a try.

• Like 2

So cos its a woman who said it makes 13 as an age of consent acceptable?

Because at least a woman can open up the debate. A man risks being arrested or lynched if he says something like that.

Some states in the US have 18 as the age of consent. So 16 year olds can drive but not have sex? What a backwards society.

• Like 1

Because at least a woman can open up the debate. A man risks being arrested or lynched if he says something like that.

Some states in the US have 18 as the age of consent. So 16 year olds can drive but not have sex? What a backwards society.

Thats what is wrong, not even a woman should be allowed to say this. What if her name was Rose west or Myra Hindley? different kettle of fish then? but it should not be.

16 year olds can drive a car, but are not allowed to have sex in the back of it til they are 18....bet they all adhere to that rule!yeahright.gif

16 year olds can drive a car, but are not allowed to have sex in the back of it til they are 18....bet they all adhere to that rule!yeahright.gif

Exactly.

• Like 1

nonce.

allow me to just point out what is going on here....

the 'celebs' are being thrown to the wolves to distract from the real culprits...the braindead barrister is correct in one respect - with the exception of saville these are low level misdemeanours in the great scheme of things....still deserving of punishment and disgrace...

but the real issue is the widespread abuse of vulnerable children in childrens homes across the uk....

if you want to get to the truth and the issues the celebrity smokescreen is designed to protect then google the following terms:

kincora boys homes...elm guest house...haute le gaurenne...ted heath morning star rentboy...welsh care homes scandal...

that should give you a decent start....fw more nuggets for you but i'm very busy at work so cannot expand...you'll have to do you own research:

ted heath's predilection for underage boys was how he got blackmailed into taking Britain into the common market..

jimmy saville was a pimp for the intelligence services during the cold war...he would set up politicians with underage kids and then use this to blackmail em...this is why he wasn't evr in trouble during his life...he knew where all the bodies were buried..

this whole scandal goes right to the very top...murderous gangs of paedohiles were allowed to kill with umpunity to protect those at the top who could possibly be implicated (sidney cooke...jason swift....mark tildsley)...

i've been into conspiracy theory since i was a child...i'm 40 now....nothing has ever shocked me more than this child abuse thing....and no 'conspiracy theory' has more depth and truth than this....

this is international too.....google 'casa pia'...'franklin credit union scandal'....and look at the marc dutroux case in belgium and where that leads....

nonce.

You're one of those simpletons who thinks "da peedoze" are hiding under every bed and in every bush aren't you.

Harrassed any paediatricians lately?

You're one of those simpletons who thinks "da peedoze" are hiding under every bed and in every bush aren't you.

Harrassed any paediatricians lately?

not at all...the paediatrician story is apocryphal anyway....surely a man of your 'education' and 'sophistication' is aware of that.

explain to us all tho why you think it should be legal for a 60yr old man to have sex with a 13yr old child.....i'd be 'fascinated' to hear you reply....

not at all...the paediatrician story is apocryphal anyway....surely a man of your 'education' and 'sophistication' is aware of that.

explain to us all tho why you think it should be legal for a 60yr old man to have sex with a 13yr old child.....i'd be 'fascinated' to hear you reply....

Because I think people should be responsible for their own actions. I never agreed with 13 btw. 14 would probably be better.

Because I think people should be responsible for their own actions. I never agreed with 13 btw. 14 would probably be better.

i don't even know where to begin with that...

why stop at 13?? or your target age group 14??

why not totally get rid of age of consent laws entirely?

where does the age of responsibility begin??

I think people should be responsible for their own actions

i agree and if a grown man allows a 13yr old child to 'seduce' him then the responsibility lies with the adult and not the child

have you kids of your own?

• Like 1

What age should someone be held criminally responsible?

I watched a documentary the other week about a 12 year old in America doing life for murder. By your logic he should go free because he simply is not responsible for his actions.

We have rich arabs coming to this country and require girls below the legal age of consent, someone gets them, some one gets paid for them, someone knows it goes on....how much of this went on at the parties which many of the celebrities were invited to? How many of the celebrities rich guests wanted to stand up and say "this is illegal" but chose not to because they did not want to be seen as insulting the host? But how many went back again on the next invite?

This is just one example of what happened...and probably still happens today!

I watched a documentary the other week about a 12 year old in America doing life for murder. By your logic he should go free because he simply is not responsible for his actions.

lol!

what!??!

we're not talking about either america nor the age of criminal responsibility...we're talking about clear cases of paedophilia where grown men find immature childrens bodies attractive...14 is an age where children are wakin up to their sexuality and are easily manipulated by those much older and more wordly wise than they are...an age where they are easily exploited....

generally kids up to the age of 15/16 are sexually immature and look like children not adults ffs.

i'm a grown man. i don't find children attractive. why would any grown man want the age of consent lowered!!??

unless of course they are paedophiles themselves.

explain to me if you will - where's the problem with the age of consent being 16!?!? where is the need to lower it?

• Like 1

Many serial criminals and serial killers start out at a young age, it does not mean they are fully responsible, there are many things which can be blamed why they have chosen to do that at such an age, but as adults they are fully responsible by then, the fact they have been led or shown the wrong path when young, only adults can be blamed for that mistake...so hence the vicious circle continues to the next generation.

generally kids up to the age of 15/16 are sexually immature and look like children not adults ffs.

i'm a grown man. i don't find children attractive. why would any grown man want the age of consent lowered!!??

unless of course they are paedophiles themselves.

explain to me if you will - where's the problem

with the age of consent being 16!?!? where is the need to lower it?

I personally couldn't care less what the age of consent is. I just think it's silly to make men and even boys criminals if they have consensual sex with a 14 or 15 year old.

If you're not intelligent enough to understand the equivalence of a 12 year old being responsible for murder but not being responsible for the rest of his actions then there is no point in talking to you.

but as adults they are fully responsible by then, the fact they have been led or shown the wrong path when young, only adults can be blamed for that mistake

You don't believe that some people are born bad?