Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Merged - Lauryn Hill committed by court

Babe Ruth

http://tinyurl.com/cpabmhu

The young singer was saying things she wasn't supposed to say, perhaps even in songs, and a court found her guilty of some damn thing or the other.

Any thoughts on this mind control effort?

• Like 2

Last i heard about her was when my housemate told me to listen to a song of hers and she said to listen to the words, it was definitely saying some interesting things. Makes you wonder.

• Like 1

She's probably right about the music industry and yes if you say the wrong thing on your blog you will get a visit from the police. I think she went to jail because she didn't pay her taxes. At least that is what I got from the story.

What was the judges order other than going to jail that is brainwashing. Did I miss something.

• Like 4

:o This is the most worrying thing I've read in a long time. It's like a step back to the worst of Europe in the early 1900s.
  • Like 3

Those considered hostile to authority have already been tagged as sufferers of “oppositional defiant disorder” under the the

DSM-IV-TR Manual.

The definition of this mental illness is, “a recurrent pattern of negativistic, defiant, disobedient. and hostile behavior toward authority figures that persists for at least 6 months.

I think the opposite of this should be considered a mental illness.

• Like 6

This is absurd. It seems the "thought police" are a true reality now. The establishment is literally telling us that if we don't recognize reality as what they tell us it is then "legally" we are mentally ill.

It's like the scene from "1984" by George Orwell in which the main character, Winston Smith, is being tortured due to his thoughts. They keep showing him four fingers and asking how many are being held up. They keep shocking him until he finally answers correctly (that the four fingers shown is really five if that's what the government tells him it is).

Edited by Left-Field
  • Like 3

Didn't she go to jail for failing to pay over $2 million in taxes?

• Like 4

Didn't she go to jail for failing to pay over $2 million in taxes?

The article states she received 3 months jail time due to some tax law violation. That is a separate issue though.

The article states she was also ordered to "undergo counseling because of her conspiracy theories" (apparently her beliefs about how the music industry is operated).

The article does not state she was sentenced to jail time for her thoughts about the music industry. It distinguishes between what the jail time was the result of and what the order to undergo counseling was in regards to.

• Like 3

Jail for thought-crimes? ...

• Like 1

Her perspective from the music business is interesting, but I know nothing about that business. I find it hard to believe that the military industrial complex has anything to do with the business, but anything is possible.

As others have noted, the tax issues are separate from her unorthodox thoughts and political observations, but were they the mechanism that got her in front of the judge in the first place?

It is certainly a bad precedent in this age of the Global War On Terrorism. Completely Orwellian, but actually happening. Mind Control as a function of the criminal justice system. Not exactly new, but certainly raised to a higher level. :cry:

• Like 3

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/83914-judge-orders-conspiracy-re-education-for-lauryn-hill

'Grammy award-winning singer Lauren Hill has been ordered by a judge to “undergo counseling because of her conspiracy theories.” What was her conspiracy theory? That the music industry oppresses people with actual talent in favor of pumping out mindless nonsense.'

The source is just the first site that came up on google. But it is on tons of sites just look in to it.

• Like 2

So is it a thought-crime or thinking-out-loud -crime?

• Like 2

So is it a thought-crime or thinking-out-loud -crime?

Well, thinking out loud involves thought, so in that sense it is a thought crime.

ETA: Why is this in the conspiracy section? It's news. The judge actually ordered her to undergo counseling for her thoughts and beliefs about how the music industry operates. There is no conspiracy theory here.

From a source that isn't regarded as "pro-conspiracy:" Lauryn Hill Issue (International Business Times)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reclusive soul superstar Lauryn Hill has been jailed over an enormous unpaid tax bill.

Fugees singer Hill, 37, was sentenced to three months' jail followed by three months' home confinement for failing to pay $500,000 to the taxman in the United States.

Hill claimed the sum was outstanding because she had "withdrawn from society" after alleged threats against her family.

She was imprisoned after failing to pay the amount within the stipulated two-week timeframe.

During her trial, Hill was ordered by the judge in Newark, New Jersey to undergo counselling because of her conspiracy theories - including that artists are being oppressed by a plot involving the military and media.

Hill pleaded guilty to charges of tax evasion last year. Her lawyers said she had paid more than $970,000 of an outstanding tax bill which amounted to more than $2m.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one is claiming Hill was sentenced to jail time for her thoughts - only the counseling. Every source linked to presenting this story clearly states the jail time was the result of her not paying her taxes and that the order to undergo counseling was the result of her beliefs regarding how the music industry is operated.

This is a news item, not a conspiracy or a conspiracy theory.

Edited by Left-Field
  • Like 1

'What was her conspiracy theory? That the music industry oppresses people with actual talent in favor of pumping out mindless nonsense.'

But that's the way the music industry has always worked.

Edited by Likely Guy

Cannot believe all the bleeding over of conspiracy theories.

This definitely belongs in the conspiracy theory section.

The title of the thread states she was committed. She was not "committed" which means being forced to go to the insane asylum or other treatment center.

The OP in the thread is from Alex Jones' website.

No mainstream sources on google news can be found that claims she was sentenced to therapy.

The link provided by Left-Field is from a reporter in the UK and he probably got his information from Alex Jones' site.

If the question is: Why are no other mainstream news sites reporting that she was sentenced to therapy?

If the answer is: Because mainstream news sites are hiding the truth...

Then that is a conspiracy theory!!!

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Cannot believe all the bleeding over of conspiracy theories.

This definitely belongs in the conspiracy theory section.

The title of the thread states she was committed. She was not "committed" which means being forced to go to the insane asylum or other treatment center.

The OP in the thread is from Alex Jones' website.

No mainstream sources on google news can be found that claims she was sentenced to therapy.

The link provided by Left-Field is from a reporter in the UK and he probably got his information from Alex Jones' site.

If the question is: Why are no other mainstream news sites reporting that she was sentenced to therapy?

If the answer is: Because mainstream news sites are hiding the truth...

Then that is a conspiracy theory!!!

I used the word "committed" to mean that she was ordered by the court to undergo counseling. Not that she was placed in an institution, but that the government had ordered her to undergo counseling, when her actual charge was tax related.

I find that a dangerous precedent. By that same logic, if a person were charged with theft for example, in addition to whatever sentence he might receive for his crime, if the court did not like what he might have said in court, he could be given an additional punishment for what he said or views that he held. No violence, just political views.

I did not see any conspiracy involved at all, and put the thread in the Psychology section, thinking it relevant.

• Like 1

OK. On closer inspection Alex Jones also got his information from the IBTimes.

No mainstream news source lists this story. All these websites link back to the IBTimes link that Left-Field posted.

This website lists the source as IBTimes at the very end of the article.

http://www.activistp...t=1368147609479

This one lists IBTimes in the second paragraph.

http://vigilantcitiz...iracy-theories/

This one also has the source as International Business Times in the second paragraph.

http://www.opposingv...ry-exploitation

This one has it in the "Hill was sentenced" link under the video.

http://www.infowars....or-lauryn-hill/

Same as above.

http://www.prisonpla...auryn-hill.html

This is definitely a conspiracy theory. No one is being forced into counseling for their belief in conspiracy theories.

Also being "committed" only has one clear definition in English when it comes to mental health. It means being forced into an institution.

Lauren is not in jail and she paid $500,000 for back taxes last week .She justa $1,000.000 dollar deal with Sony. Lauren is not crazy just have been through some things and if you had her status you would know how the entertainment game is. L's new song is out and yes the words are shocking but tru. With fame you pay a price and it goes deeper than recouping it recoups your soul if you let it.

• Like 3

OK. On closer inspection Alex Jones also got his information from the IBTimes.

No mainstream news source lists this story. All these websites link back to the IBTimes link that Left-Field posted.

This website lists the source as IBTimes at the very end of the article.

http://www.activistp...t=1368147609479

This one lists IBTimes in the second paragraph.

http://vigilantcitiz...iracy-theories/

This one also has the source as International Business Times in the second paragraph.

http://www.opposingv...ry-exploitation

This one has it in the "Hill was sentenced" link under the video.

http://www.infowars....or-lauryn-hill/

Same as above.

http://www.prisonpla...auryn-hill.html

This is definitely a conspiracy theory. No one is being forced into counseling for their belief in conspiracy theories.

Also being "committed" only has one clear definition in English when it comes to mental health. It means being forced into an institution.

I'm a little bit confused as to your position on this. Are you claiming she was NOT ordered to undergo counseling? Are you claiming the counseling is optional and not mandatory? Are you claiming the counseling is related to her tax charges?

Who conspired with whom?

• Like 1

I am claiming no mainstream news source claims she was ordered to go to counseling because of her conspiracy theories.

That only one, which is not very mainstream, I have never heard of it, IBTimes? All the other conspiracy theory websites point back to IBTimes...

The conspiracy theory websites are the only sites disussing that.

It is thus seems like a conspiracy theory.

And it is there in order to make people fear that they will be committed or forced to go to counseling because of their conspiracy theories.

Most conspiracy theories are meant to make you fearful, not all, many are.

Most mainstream news is supposed to simply inform you. You might get mad sure, but it is not alarmist by nature.

Lauren is not in jail and she paid $500,000 for back taxes last week .She justa $1,000.000 dollar deal with Sony. Lauren is not crazy just have been through some things and if you had her status you would know how the entertainment game is. L's new song is out and yes the words are shocking but tru. With fame you pay a price and it goes deeper than recouping it recoups your soul if you let it.

Not paying taxes because your ancestors were slaves is completely rational.

The Mis-Education of Lauryn Hill is one of my favourite and one of the best albums ever produced.

I thought I would post her new single with lyrics...

[media=]

[/media]

Although I agree with her messages, I'm not sure I'm feeling the vibe and think the music production is a bit of a mess.

Edited by Stundie

I am claiming no mainstream news source claims she was ordered to go to counseling because of her conspiracy theories.

That only one, which is not very mainstream, I have never heard of it, IBTimes? All the other conspiracy theory websites point back to IBTimes...

The conspiracy theory websites are the only sites disussing that.

It is thus seems like a conspiracy theory.

And it is there in order to make people fear that they will be committed or forced to go to counseling because of their conspiracy theories.

Most conspiracy theories are meant to make you fearful, not all, many are.

Most mainstream news is supposed to simply inform you. You might get mad sure, but it is not alarmist by nature.

Most mainstream new is supposed to simply inform you OF THE PROPER WAY TO THINK. It is meant to shape the viewer's world view in accordance with an official narrative.

Hence the popularity of alternate news sources amongst those who prefer to think independently.

You and I use "conspiracy" in different senses. Conspiracy theories are not meant to scare people, they spontaneously arise when it seems like the government is telling yet another story.

I don't see the Lauren Hill thing as a conspiracy in any way, but I admit that it appears to advance the agenda that dissent and unorthodox views are to be suppressed by agencies of the state. Orwell talked about it.