Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CBS not happy with Benghazi reporting

Merc14

Apparently the commissars at CBS news are not happy with Sharyl Attkisson and her refusal to back down from he White House and pursue teh Benghazi story like a real reporter. I am sure they got a call from the emperor' staff saying back off or else. Hammer them Sharyl, you'll always have a job with Fox.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/05/08/report-cbs-news-bosses-irked-by-correspondents-thorough-benghazi-reporting-n1591242

• Like 9

Fox is just as bad.

Fox is just as bad.

Really? When? They hired Juan Williams after NPR fired him. They rported this lie when it happened and the left condemned them for it. When did ir suddenly become OK for an administration to do whhat these people have done? You'd be going off your rocker if this was Bush and Condie and rightfully so. Give us some examples hilander. Show me a story they ignored .

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 5

Try and find the story on most of the mainstream media's webpage (except Fox). Usually buried in the 'small stories' or non-existent. At least that the way it was earlier today.

• Like 4

Not surprised. Ever hear of Amber Lyon?

http://amberlyonlive.com/

Here's more information: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Amber_Lyon

On September 29, 2012, Lyon appeared on the Infowars program hosted by American Alex Jones. She described her investigation of how the US ally Bahrain was committing human rights abuses, but said that CNN and the US government pressured her to suppress the news. She said that Bahrain paid CNN for positive news coverage. Lyon said that Kazakhstan and Georgia also paid for positive coverage by CNN.[34]

In March 2013, the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency reported that Lyon had been directed by CNN to report selectively and falsely in order to sway public opinion in favor of direct American aggression against Iran and Syria, and that this was common practice at CNN.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 3

The obama administration is exactly what the left has always accused the right of being and they are happily going along with the lies and elimination of rights.

• Like 5

Try and find the story on most of the mainstream media's webpage (except Fox). Usually buried in the 'small stories' or non-existent. At least that the way it was earlier today.

Benghazi who? It was all Jodi Arias and the Cleveland dungeon house on CNN and other "news" channels today.

• Like 4

It is disgusting but they have lost much of their power thanks to the internet, and much of their viewership as well. The left can't bury things any longer and they hate it, which is why they so want to control the internet, which is absurd. Post things on your local boards and talk to people about what these b******* did.

Look, the cast of useful idiots (Lenin's words, not mine mods) are avoiding these threads for a reason, they have no defense except Hilary's career ending "What does it matter!!" diatribe and it isn't working. Screw the MSM, use twitter and Facebook, it works! They don't own the conversation any longer, beat them back.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Fox is just as bad.

Why is seeking the truth "bad" in your opinion?

I did yesterday. Checked HuffPo. I finally found a mention of it on story 37 of 40 and nowhere else on the front page. However, it was something trivial and far from a report on the hearing.

Anyway, the whole thing was coincidentally and conveniently overshadowed by the murdering psycho broad and the kidnappers which are newsworthy btw, but still. So what's the deal now? Is that all for the hearing? What's next? Sure the testimony is official now but what's been learned that we already haven't heard of? And again, what's next? I'm asking anybody...

• Like 2

The Benghazi hearings are starting to smell like a partisan circus act to me. Instead of asking the right question, "Why were we (are we being) attacked?", we get into a political game of who, what, when, and where. :( It is Republican policy that the Democrats have joyously continued for decades that are the reason why we're (still) being attacked by terrorists. Neither Republicans nor Democrats want to investigate that. The foreign policy is the Precious, and nobody messes with the Precious. Ignore the fact that our foreign policy is broken, let's focus on how Dread Lady Hillary Rodham didn't have an F-15 fly over the embassy to try and scare the attackers away (and a hundred other such stink bombs missing the real target).

This is kabuki theater and it provides the stage for the new gameshow "Why Didn't the President Do Something Else?"

• Like 1

Yamato, are you really that dense, this Benghazi thing is not political, this is about our government letting its own people die rather than lift a finger to help them, there were two stand down orders given and only the POTUS can give that order why? and then after that why did they continue to lie about the cause of it for weeks when they new all along it was terrorists, these people need to be exposed I dont care what party they are in.

• Like 6

^^^ I agree but you can't say there is no politics involved.

• Like 3

Fox is just as bad.

I'm sure we all know that both Fox and all the others lie to us. (BTW I lumped every other news channel together because let's just agree that they are all the same)

Conservatives are not as good at telling lies than liberals are. That's why Fox News is dominating in ratings over the others. Because people can see through bullshtt.

• Like 2

A more important question has to be if whether or not Benghazi is happy with CBS reporting?

And if they don't have CBS yet, well they should, American TV is package deal with democracy.

/sarc

• Like 1

I'm sure we all know that both Fox and all the others lie to us. (BTW I lumped every other news channel together because let's just agree that they are all the same)

Conservatives are not as good at telling lies than liberals are. That's why Fox News is dominating in ratings over the others. Because people can see through bullshtt.

I think people confuse the Fox commentators with Fox News. I don't remeber a story that Fox purposely lied about of failed to report on because it hurt "their guy". I don't watch it 24/7, however, so could be wrong and I am sure there are mistakes made but they never pulled a punch on the Bush Administration but also reported the good liberal things Bush did, such as his unprecedented battles against AIDs and other disease on the African continent (finally being lauded now by the left). Those efforts were ignored for the most part. I remember 4.5% unemployment being treated as teh worst economic disaster since the great depression by the MSM, it was absurd, especially when compared toe the attitude towards Obama's unemployment record.

The left hates Fox because it doesn't vilify the enemies of the left and tehy are taking viewers away from teh laughablle MSM annually.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Apparently the commissars at CBS news are not happy with Sharyl Attkisson and her refusal to back down from he White House and pursue teh Benghazi story like a real reporter. I am sure they got a call from the emperor' staff saying back off or else. Hammer them Sharyl, you'll always have a job with Fox.

http://townhall.com/...orting-n1591242

What is also disturbing besides the fact that it occurred is that the lies on-top of lies. It was disgusting how Obama sent forth his people to lie about it to us by use of media.

The account from Gregory Hicks is in stark contrast to assertions from the Obama administration, which insisted that nobody was ever told to stand down and that all available resources were utilized. Hicks gave private testimony to congressional investigators last month in advance of his upcoming appearance at a congressional hearing Wednesday.

the White House had every reason to err on the side of sending extra military assets. When asked why that didn’t happen, Hicks replied, “I guess they just didn’t have the right authority from the right level.” Any theories as to why that might be? Remember, when Martin Dempsey testified three months ago as to why U.S. troops weren’t sent to the scene, he said, “we never received a request for support from the State Department.” Hicks, who was Stevens’s deputy at State, obviously thought support was needed. Who intervened above him to make sure the request wasn’t sent?

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/06/reports-benghazi-whistleblower-claims-u-s-special-forces-were-told-to-stand-down-during-attack/

• Like 3

ANYBODY in power should be investigated and charged, regarding doing nothing and letting Americans die. So how about Flint, or the homeless vets or the wars and people sent to kill people in other lands, for oil and minerals. When are THOSE going to see jailtime sentences?

ANYBODY in power should be investigated and charged, regarding doing nothing and letting Americans die. So how about Flint, or the homeless vets or the wars and people sent to kill people in other lands, for oil and minerals. When are THOSE going to see jailtime sentences?

I would not bet that nobody gets indicted in the Flint mess.

• Like 2

yea, they'll indite some poor sob plumber, but never actually those responsible, btw, nestle corp had something to do with it. i do not see its ceo charged even thou this fck believes water is not a human right and should be privatised

yea, they'll indite some poor sob plumber, but never actually those responsible, btw, nestle corp had something to do with it. i do not see its ceo charged even thou this fck believes water is not a human right and should be privatised

What exactly did the "fck" from Nestle say? How about a link?

What is also disturbing besides the fact that it occurred is that the lies on-top of lies. It was disgusting how Obama sent forth his people to lie about it to us by use of media.

The account from Gregory Hicks is in stark contrast to assertions from the Obama administration, which insisted that nobody was ever told to stand down and that all available resources were utilized. Hicks gave private testimony to congressional investigators last month in advance of his upcoming appearance at a congressional hearing Wednesday.

the White House had every reason to err on the side of sending extra military assets. When asked why that didn’t happen, Hicks replied, “I guess they just didn’t have the right authority from the right level.” Any theories as to why that might be? Remember, when Martin Dempsey testified three months ago as to why U.S. troops weren’t sent to the scene, he said, “we never received a request for support from the State Department.” Hicks, who was Stevens’s deputy at State, obviously thought support was needed. Who intervened above him to make sure the request wasn’t sent?

http://hotair.com/ar...-during-attack/

I have no doubt that this was covered up at the highest levels as tit was election time and the end of terrorism was Obama's big win. Frankly it was his only win as everything else his administration had "accomplished" was rapidly falling apart. I honestly don't know if they even wake Obama up fr this stuff as the man is an utter incompetent. Valerie Jarrett pretty much runs things at the White House Also, Qaddafi's overthrow in Libya was very much a Hillary decision, if I remember correctly, and the WH really wasn't on board with some of the things being done over there. I'll try and find the link Ella as this is all from memory (if I forget ping me) but have to go play Portal 2 with my son who I just picked up for a snow day.

• Like 1