Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst Thing a Teacher Ever Said to You?

BiffSplitkins

In third grade I had an arch nemesis named Justin. One day Justin stabbed my hand with his pencil (I still have a lead dot in my hand). So of course, I had to retaliate. During recess, Justin was swinging on the monkey bars, I ran up behind him and stabbed his butt with my pencil.

Because I have the worse timing ever, the fourth grade teacher that was on recess duty yelled, in front of everyone at recess, "Mr. Odd! If I ever see you stick anything in anyone's butt again, I'm going to stick you in the butt!" After an uproar of laughter, and a chant of "odd and miss clinger sitting in a tree k-I-s-s-I-n-g..." the principal came out and asked what was going on. Everyone informed him that I was going to get stuck in the butt.

Ahh. Memories.

• Like 7

They never found out who hid all the instruments of child torture (bamboo canes),taken from every classroom teachers cupboard ,on the day I left ,but I was told that they were still in the rafters of the boys toilets a year later.I wonder who stole them ?????...

It was me! oh wait ...boys toilets?

Yep, it was me. :st

• Like 3

I can't think of anything real bad to be honest. I skipped a lot of my last 2 years of high school but still managed to someone pass every GCSE grade A - C.... somehow!

I do remember my French teacher saying to me that I was the only person she knew who spoke French with a Yorkshire accent :) I think she meant it as an insult but I was quite proud of that fact lol.

• Like 2

Haha, reading all these school stories, looks like we were all part of the fun lot filled with imagination and wild curiosities, no coincidence then that we all end up on Um. :w00t:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 5

It was me! oh wait ...boys toilets?

Yep, it was me. :st

You must have been with me at the time but I thought you were Marie ! haha
  • Like 1

Boy, was it you

no sir

well come out here (2 strokes of the bamboo cane on each hand)

whats that for sir

Just in case it was you. (it wasn't me,but I would rather be punished,than "grass".)

"Grass", to tell who it was, but you would then become a pariah and shunned by all your mates and the girls.

• Like 2

You must have been with me at the time but I thought you were Marie ! haha

Great, we have found each other again! I`ve been keeping myself fit for you.

ugly-woman.png

• Like 2

Great, we have found each other again! I`ve been keeping myself fit for you.

ugly-woman.png

Ooooooooohhhhh, (faints)
  • Like 1

Not long after I started primary school our class teacher gave us a written test. Well it ended up that there was only two of us left to finish, prior to this I'd been humming and hawing over the answer to one last question. Then I saw the other girl who was sitting at a desk in the next row write something down and so I thought I'd better just finish too as I'd be the last to finish, so I wrote down the answer that had been going through my head.

The next thing the teacher looks at both our papers and because I'd written down the same answer as the other girl the teacher turned to me and said "you copied her", which I most certainly hadn't but she didn't listen to me when I told her that and I was sent to the headmaster's room for 'cheating'.

To this day I've never forgotten that. I did NOT see what the other girl wrote down and it was so unfair being accused of something I didn't do. It was a horrible feeling.

Hah... Sounds like something that has happened to me a few times.

Back in primary (elementary) school, being boys we threw sticks and tanbark at each other. However one day a group of girls decided to fight us. It ended up with them running and crying to the teachers. In which the teacher proclaimed to the teacher I had at the time that we "were aiming for their necks". Which of course is ridiculous.

Another out of many false accusations was one in high school. Where a couple students set off A firework near to where the group of my friends were standing. Having nothing to do with it, there was no need to run or flee... Until we were surrounded by teachers within the next few minutes. One said we were "guilty until proven innocent". We were then interrogated to surrender the culprits name.

Schools. Interesting places.

• Like 1

Lets invite John Lennon to the party :

30953_432152586839699_994906645_n.jpg

• Like 3

When I was about 12/13, my freshman year in high school, I took French. The woman who taught it was actually from France and Slovenia, and I had started noticing she liked to pick on me in class a bit. I wasn't sure why, until one day when I was the last kid out of class. She stopped me just long enough to make talk about my family and heritage. I wasn't as wary at the time about some of the extreme negative sentiments towards certain ethnic groups, and when I laid out my full line of heritage, she picked out a certain group from the list, and asserted that I must be from a family of criminals and justly-povertized-outlaws. This teacher more actively than ever ignored, denied, and patronized me for the rest of the time I spent in that class.

She was looking for a scapegoat, I guess. People like this need to be avoided as much as possible.

• Like 1

One time in the first grade, there was this boy in my class, who also happened to live nextdoor. He used to call me beluga-butt, and pull on my braid, and so one day during recess when he tried to draw on my pretty dress with a crayon, I pushed him in the sand and said 'go away fat head!' At the top of my lungs. No teachers involved, just a sweet thing called revenge. I wonder who will play me in the movie.

• Like 1

One time in the first grade, there was this boy in my class, who also happened to live nextdoor. He used to call me beluga-butt, and pull on my braid, and so one day during recess when he tried to draw on my pretty dress with a crayon, I pushed him in the sand and said 'go away fat head!' At the top of my lungs. No teachers involved, just a sweet thing called revenge. I wonder who will play me in the movie.

Katniss Everdeen ?

I wonder who will play me in the movie.

Probably just some criminal or justly-povertized-outlaw. :D

I kid, I kid.

Hah... Sounds like something that has happened to me a few times.

Same here. I mainly remember in primary school(yr 2 I think, I was about 6-7yrs old)where we were playing a game like tag. One kid climbed up the slide with me behind him and the kid who was 'it' was after me. The other kid wouldnt slide down and so I pushed him so he would. Instead though he fell over the side of the slide and landed in the sand. He hit his head and was knocked out briefly and had blood coming out of his ear.

The teachers didn't see it and accused me in front of everyone of hitting him with a rock. So everyone stood around and the kid who fell didn't say anything about what happened, he was just crying and acting fearful. So they all thought I mustve picked up a rock and hit him with it as if I was violent. Anyway after quite awhile of being accused in front of many people one of the teachers decided to listen to me and sweep away some of the sand to find a large rock right where he had landed.

So it was actually their fault but it was kinda too late for me though. This kid had cracked his skull and had to wear a hearing aid after that for many years(he still might I don't know). He moved school after that day and I never talked with him again, he treated me like I was the devil(so I rarely saw him around)and everyone had heard them accuse me and that's what stayed in their minds, so after that I was known as the one who cracked his skull as if I meant to. So yeah the worst thing for me was probably being told I hit him with a rock when all I was doing was playing a game with them.

Then later in high school another boy who I didn't even really know was caught with alcohol and so he told the teachers and principle that I had bought it for him. Of course they believed him and so I was suspended for a few days. The principle tells me that he doesn't believe me which was very frustrating. And I didn't even drink alcohol back then, it wasn't my thing. Even my mother didn't believe me and it was only recently that the story came up and she actually said "so you really didn't do it?".

And that reminds me of one of my best friends who was caught with herb by his parents. He told them it was mine. What a mate he was. I accepted that but I would love to see him now and tell him what I think now I'm older.

Well I thought this would be somewhat therapeutic but now I'm just annoyed. lol

Edited by Kazahel

600913_10151611958175708_963772749_n.jpg

I'm lucky I got to know of John early in my life .....

when i was in 3rd grade, my teacher said that because we were not popular, my friends or I would never amount to anything in life....

But Mrs. Ebinger is dead now..soo I win.

• Like 1

I was pretty good most of the time .. and sneaky when i wasn't ! but, a few times, I was told to "go to the Principals Office" When you heard those words you knew your backside would soon be reacquainted with The Board of Education • It even said Board of Education on it LOL.

In high school, I wrote a poem for an English class and the teacher didn't believe i had written it... He said that he thought he had "read it somewhere before" and refused to believe me telling him that i wrote it! (the pantywaste)

( LOL spud! i'd have been proud to serve with ya in grade school! )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First day of year 11 back in 2002, we had a year assembly with the year 11 year master. The first words he said was 'within 5 years of leaving this school at least 4 of you punks will be dead', i kid you not. He had a very morbid and dry sense of humor that only a few people got. If he knew you got it and didn't take it serious but laughed at it, then you were in his good books. So i can't really say it was the worst thing said to me, but there was stunned silence with the other 200 year 11 students, ha ha.

His sign on his office door was 'death before retirement', still teaching to this day and must be pushing 80 now cause he was in his early 70's when i was there. Top bloke.

• Like 1

In year 11, I was contemplating a career as a High School Music teacher. To help me decide, my school granted me a week leave to go to another school and shadow their Music teacher, to get a feel for what a teacher goes through. The teacher I was assigned to was a hateful creature. One day in class she tells me "What makes you special? Half my class can play music as well as you, and you don't have what it takes to teach them".

I was devastated. And then I got back to my school. Apparently my real Music teacher was taught in High School by this teacher. I told her what she said, and then she told me that this teacher told her the exact same thing when she was my age.

Now, 16 years later and I'm a qualified Music teacher, I bumped into the old bag. She didn't recognise me and I didn't bring it up. Incidently, my real Music Teacher has been promoted to some regional executive position while the old bag is still just Head Teacher. She's still a bitter woman, and I feel sorry for her. I wonder how many other kids she had told that they don't have what it takes to pursue their dreams.

• Like 2

Well I thought this would be somewhat therapeutic but now I'm just annoyed. lol

Wow, quite a bad rap you got there. I hated the whole no proof punishments they dish out. It is almost some empowering thing for them.

I know what you mean. Plenty of things have happened just associating with the wrong people back then. Though that is what growing up is all about.

Although it does also annoy me about people like that who exist. Just think about it as back in the day sorta stuff and how you have bettered yourself since then. Realising that makes it all 10x better.

Now, 16 years later and I'm a qualified Music teacher, ...

Just the fact that you are a music teacher makes you an outstanding person in my book. ;)

• Like 1