Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disc-shaped UFO caught in NASA photograph

Maybe, for that particular picture in the original article.

there are no tests or evidence gathering that can prove it to the satisfaction of all concern ... don't you see ?

one thing that IS certain is ~ it is definitely not extra terrestrials or aliens .... just UFO in its pure sense of the word and definition : Unidentified Flying Objects

Or maybe just most probably it's these :

wiki

Man theres sooooo much junk up there. WOW

• Like 1

Man theres sooooo much junk up there. WOW

that's part of the reason the space programs stalled for such a length of time .... its a dangerous passage out to space and its going to get worse when the satellites orbiting the earth now gets junked.

From the earliest days of the Space Shuttle missions, NASA has turned to NORAD's database to constantly monitor the orbital path in front of the Shuttle to find and avoid any known debris. During the 1980s, these simulations used up a considerable amount of the NORAD tracking system's capacity.[31] The first official Space Shuttle collision avoidance maneuver was during STS-48 in September 1991.[90] A 7-second reaction control system burn was performed to avoid debris from the Cosmos satellite 955.[91] Similar manoeuvres followed on missions 53, 72 and 82.[90]

One of the first events to widely publicize the debris problem was Space Shuttle Challenger's second flight on STS-7. A small fleck of paint impacted Challenger's front window and created a pit over 1 mm (0.04 in) wide. Endeavour suffered a similar impact on STS-59 in 1994, but this one pitted the window for about half its depth: a cause for much greater concern. Post-flight examinations have noted a marked increase in the number of minor debris impacts since 1998.[92]

The damage due to smaller debris has now grown to become a significant problem in its own right. Chipping of the windows became common by the 1990s, along with minor damage to the thermal protection system tiles (TPS). To mitigate the impact of these events, once the Shuttle reached orbit it was deliberately flown tail first in an attempt to intercept as much of the debris load as possible on the engines and rear cargo bay. These were not used on orbit or during descent and thus were less critical to operations after launch. When flown to the ISS, the Shuttle was placed where the station provided as much protection as possible.[93]

wiki

~edit : wikiquote

Edited by third_eye

it is definitely not extra terrestrials or aliens .... just UFO in its pure sense of the word and definition : Unidentified Flying Objects

Well, in this particular case no can say what it is but you can't just say "it is definitely not extra terrestrials or aliens" because you don't know either.

And, thanks for clearing up what UFO means. I had no idea.

• Like 3

I'm not saying these particular pictures are something alien (though intriguing) I'm saying that with all the eye witness testimony (and a LOT of video footage) out there that tells us something is going on (alien or not) we're entitled to know about it. This particular footage might be property of NASA but space itself, isn't. It belongs to everybody and if NASA or the government have one shred of evidence we've been visited or that we're not alone, people deserve to know. A little hysteria or not.

Personally I think confirmation of alien life out there would be good for this planet. We might actually stop squabbling and realise the potential of this planet and our race. For me, I find it ignorant for anyone to believe:

a ) alien life doesn't exist

or

b ) alien life does exist but hasn't got the technology to visit us.

Man, Earth is so young and even a race a mere 100 years ahead of us would be much, much more technologically advanced. Just look how far we've come in the past 10 years. Plus, scientists these days don't believe aliens would travel long distances in the conventional sense but actually bend space, like a piece of paper, to connect two points together. That seems a likely option to me, which heightens the chances we have been visited or at least observed.

You make a very good point, But as long as the powers that be are in control of things I dont see them telling us anything about space, and whats flying around in it. Id love for aliens to exist and Im sure they do, but like I said the powers that be dont want us to know about it were probably not going to know about it. Thats even if aliens are visiting this planet

• Like 2

~snip

Personally I think confirmation of alien life out there would be good for this planet. We might actually stop squabbling and realise the potential of this planet and our race. For me, I find it ignorant for anyone to believe:

~snip

agreed

Well, in this particular case no can say what it is but you can't just say "it is definitely not extra terrestrials or aliens" because you don't know either.

And, thanks for clearing up what UFO means. I had no idea.

Though we cannot say we know for sure what it is , one thing we can say for sure is it is definitely not extra terrestrials or aliens.

Look guys, my personal opinion ?

IF and that's a BIG if .... there comes a day or time when 'proof' or evidence of aliens or whatever life other than on this little blue marble planet of ours do surface and becomes available, the scientific community would be jumping with excitement besides themselves, not to mention the kind of fame and big bucks they can be expected to roll their way.... so don't worry.... they'll be yelling it to your face regardless if you're interested or not.

:tu:

Look I highly recommend this read : NEW WORLD NEW MIND - PDF Edition

Even if you only read a book a year ... read this one.... its essential reading to our generation //

Have fun :)

• Like 1

Though we cannot say we know for sure what it is , one thing we can say for sure is it is definitely not extra terrestrials or aliens.

I understand, you probably haven't seen anything that can't be rationally explained away.

• Like 1

I understand, you probably haven't seen anything that can't be rationally explained away.

On the contrary .... I have more experiences beyond the rational than I care to remember ... :yes:

To me there is non-science and non-sense, but that will have to wait for another time and place, I'm tired and sleepy and soon to be grouchy :lol:

nightey nites boys ...

There's a few pics from the same series on NASA's website showing something similar.

Here's another:

ISS007-E-16253.JPG

*puts on flame proof suit*

It's lens flare.

So does that mean it's a photographic artifact?

• Like 1

<snip>

a ) alien life doesn't exist

or

Man, Earth is so young and even a race a mere 100 years ahead of us would be much, much more technologically advanced. Just look how far we've come in the past 10 years. Plus, scientists these days don't believe aliens would travel long distances in the conventional sense but actually bend space, like a piece of paper, to connect two points together. That seems a likely option to me, which heightens the chances we have been visited or at least observed.

Frankly, and with all due respect, I find the above a bit presumptuous. What if the speed of light truly is the ultimate limit and there are no practical means of creating wormholes or similar, only mathematical constructs?

Cheers,

Badeskov

On the contrary .... I have more experiences beyond the rational than I care to remember ... :yes:

To me there is non-science and non-sense, but that will have to wait for another time and place, I'm tired and sleepy and soon to be grouchy :lol:

nightey nites boys ...

If you've told of them here before, point me to them, I'd like to read about them.

Why do you think no-one can say what it is? I can say what it is with reasonable confidence.

It's lens flare. It's pretty clear when you exam the previous few and next few in the same sequence and if you're familiar with what the symptoms are of this type of lens flare.

Apologies for the size of the image, but when blown up you can see what I'm getting at. Note that when I draw a straight line from the center of the image through the UFO and the bright splotches caused by lens flare, it makes a neat straight line through the centre of the picture, a very common symptom of lens flare. It happens whereever the UFO is. I had to heavily brighten the pic the OP is based upon as the other lens flare artefacts were pretty subtly hidden in the blackness of space. I understand such mundane explanations won't satisfy some people but it is what it is.

lensflare.jpg

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 3

Why do you think no-one can say what it is? I can say what it is with reasonable confidence.

It's lens flare. It's pretty clear when you exam the previous few and next few in the same sequence.

Apologies for the size of the image, but when blown up you can see what I'm getting at. Note that when I draw a straight line from the center of the image through the UFO and the bright splotches caused by lens flare, it makes a neat straight line through the centre of the picture, a very common symptom of lens flare. It happens whereever the UFO is. I had to heavily brighten the pic the OP is based upon as the other lens flare artefacts were pretty subtly hidden in the blackness of space. I understand such mundane explanations won't satisfy some people but it is what it is.

lensflare.jpg

I'd agree in this case, sure. And if it's not, it really could be any number of things.

• Like 1

I'd agree in this case, sure. And if it's not, it really could be any number of things.

What else could cause what I showed above?

If you've told of them here before, point me to them, I'd like to read about them.

Nahh ... I've not the occasion to post any of those experiences here before .... sorry but its not anything remotely close to aliens so it'll just disappoint you

its 3.15AM and I gotta go get my shut eyes ....

~cheers

I agreed. Hell, every UFO pic can be explained away as something else other than an alien craft, and have been. That's why 'UFO' pictures are worthless. I think I started talking about them in general terms.

Edit: Responding to Arch's last post.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

.... sorry but its not anything remotely close to aliens so it'll just disappoint you

That's what I was hoping. Close to aliens. But I figured they weren't.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 2

You have to go to the Border and work with the Border Patrol to See themClose up Sweetpumper !But remember your Tin Foil hat ! At least you can wrap up some mighty Goood Eattin in it for your trip back over ! :tu:

It's not my theory, it's one held by many scientists. I just happen to find it a logical possibility.

Which is absolutely fair enough and I also find it a possibility. Maybe I read your post wrong and if I did, I apologize. What I was objecting to was the following part:

I find that ignorance is an ability to ignore facts, whether deliberate or not. We have no facts in this case, except for the fact that any circumvention of the speed of light is highly theoretical and still only mathematical constructs. Wormholes require exotic matter (as we know it so far), and to the best of my knowledge that is theoretical to the extreme. And one question I always ask myself is, how do we direct where the other end of a worm hole opens up?

An Alcubierre drive is likewise a mathematical solution to Einstein's General theory of relativity, and while it does not require exotic matter, it does require exorbitant amounts of energy. And we still do not know whether it is actually physically possible or not.

So I do not think that it is ignorant to believe that the speed of light is the ultimate limit.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Lens Flare. -.-

Click to zoom.

ISS007-E-16252.JPG

the same object can be seen in the rest of series...

wg518cbf23.jpg

xz518cbf61.jpg

av518cbf6e.jpg

qv518cbf8b.jpg

• Like 1

I found a 6 megapixel version of the pic in the OP. Here's a blow-up of the UFO if anyone is interested.

ufo3.png

Interesting, but it just looks like normal light refraction going fromm the ultraviolet at the bottom to the infrared at the top. It's interesting since we don't know what's causing the refraction.

Any UFO experience right now is questionable. As I said before,look up on youtube 'Chuck Missler' & UFOs. He explains the great deception on UFOs.What we perceive as visitors from other distant realms are merely terrestrial beings,demonic in force & from our own realm that are the fallen angels that prey on humans for dna & genetic material to survive in our realm.

.What we perceive as visitors from other distant realms are merely terrestrial beings,demonic in force & from our own realm that are the fallen angels that prey on humans for dna & genetic material to survive in our realm.

Or in this case, lens flare.
  • Like 2