Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disc-shaped UFO caught in NASA photograph

I'm trying to think if there is more to it than two possibilities... I mean, or there is no life except for us in the Universe, or there is, hence, aliens or "other life beings" do exist!... right?

How can there be more to it than that? What do you mean? please give me your view on this.

:innocent: Yesterday I watched a movie and in the beginning that quote appeared, I thought it was apropriate since we're talking about a possible UFO sighting :tu:

:geek: There are a few things I am sure of... this isn't one of them! :P

Please accept my sincere apologies, I know this quote very well, but read it completely wrong nonetheless. Never post when stressing at work...

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

With the mind blowing, inconceivable, unimaginable, otherworldly, and perhaps even supernatural technology aliens would possess to even be able to make it to other worlds in the universe and probably even other galaxies from their own, dont you think that a ufo could disguise itself as a lense flair?

Even with that statement however i also believe this "flying saucer" to be a lense flair... lol.

edit:spelling

Edited by Twin Peaks

If it was a real object, and not a smudge or lenseflare, then it seems rather odd, that it would be so blurry, when the rest of the photo is crisp and sharp.

Edited by squidboy
  • Like 2

If it was a real object, and not a smudge or lenseflare, then it seems rather odd, that it would be so blurry, when the rest of the photo is crisp and sharp.

Unless they are using the super-secret-stealth-refractory alien cloaking device. You can never tell.

• Like 2

religion is just a cover-up for the truth, you think the government is going to tell the world!We can't even live with ourselves.

Unless they are using the super-secret-stealth-refractory alien cloaking device. You can never tell.

that has actually been a theory of mine, more or less seriously, about why people never get a good photo of genuine UFOs (as distinct from frauds like Adamski). Perhaps they do bend or deflect light, as a side effect of the populsion system (which, as we know, works by bending gravity). Since Gravity, as we know, bends light, perhaps UFOs (genuine ones) do , sort of bend light around them. That's my theory anyway.

• Like 1

Sweetpumper has that Tin Foil hat on again I bet ? :tu:

Again?!

That thing is permanently stuck to his head.

Hey, Sweety, check this out -- :nw:

religion is just a cover-up for the truth, you think the government is going to tell the world!We can't even live with ourselves.

It was not exactly too far away from Earth that the amateurs would not notice it. There are so many telescopes watching the skies, I am surprised no one spotted it IF it was there in the first place.

Do not get your religion bit though, can you explain further, cos some of us do not follow religion, so it can not be used as a cover up for everyone and how is it a cover up anyway?

• Like 1

Look I highly recommend this read : NEW WORLD NEW MIND - PDF Edition

Even if you only read a book a year ... read this one.... its essential reading to our generation //

Have fun :)

I started reading Robert Ornstein's books many years ago. From his books I went to Idries Shah's books (from which Ornstein quoted a lot), and then from Shah to Sufism.

• Like 1

I started reading Robert Ornstein's books many years ago. From his books I went to Idries Shah's books (from which Ornstein quoted a lot), and then from Shah to Sufism.

I went by way of Allan Bloom, Rabindranath Tagore, Elaine Pagels, Evelyn Underhill among others ...haven't read Idries (sp) Idris Shah for a long time ... I was recommended him very early in my life, seems I can't find my copy anywhere .... I don;t even remember which title of his I have .. :lol:

I gotta refresh my memory ... Thanks Abe ... :tu:

• Like 1

that has actually been a theory of mine, more or less seriously, about why people never get a good photo of genuine UFOs (as distinct from frauds like Adamski). Perhaps they do bend or deflect light, as a side effect of the populsion system (which, as we know, works by bending gravity). Since Gravity, as we know, bends light, perhaps UFOs (genuine ones) do , sort of bend light around them. That's my theory anyway.

Perhaps since we are learning how to bend radiation around objects (microwaves so far). However, I still say there are only a few explanations for UFOs 1. Mistaken identity of known objects 2. Hallucinations brought on by substance abuse/mental illness 3. Military aircraft, as yet undisclosed to public 4. Actual sentient extra-terrestrial life forms and their crafts 5. Unknown living biological spacefaring or high-atmosphere organisms (non-intelligent) 6. Extra-dimensional entities/demonic.

But I am open to other ideas.

• Like 1

What is NASA really doing in space what is their real purpose? Why they have space station? Why not NASA organize a mission aiming only at finding and hunting for UFOs.

What is NASA really doing in space what is their real purpose? Why they have space station? Why not NASA organize a mission aiming only at finding and hunting for UFOs.

Because they know UFOs are not ETs.

http://www.space.com/4702-aliens.html

NASA has been primarily interested in lower space for decades...

What has that accomplished ?? The planet should be enjoying

clean and unlimited space-based solar energy by now.

Edited by AlasBabylon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps since we are learning how to bend radiation around objects (microwaves so far). However, I still say there are only a few explanations for UFOs 1. Mistaken identity of known objects 2. Hallucinations brought on by substance abuse/mental illness 3. Military aircraft, as yet undisclosed to public 4. Actual sentient extra-terrestrial life forms and their crafts 5. Unknown living biological spacefaring or high-atmosphere organisms (non-intelligent) 6. Extra-dimensional entities/demonic.

But I am open to other ideas.

I would add atmospheric anomalies to that list as well.

And how would you suggest they do that, exactly?

Cheers,

Badeskov

UFOs are something that suddenly appears and disappears. It's hard to investigate that as you've got only people's accounts and some shaky videos. You can't hunt UFO, we have not the technological capacity to do so. For all we know our best aircrafts are no use in speed or weapons against such things if it indeed exists.

So, I am not sure what NASA could do more than UFOs organisations already work on.

Edited by sam_comm

Well this about puts it all to rest. Now I can sleep well tonight.p.s. Hey psyche101 ! Im Looking at the Marfa Lights tonight.