Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sensing things before they happen

jjphere

These things have happened to me almost all my life, and the strangest part is that

usually there does not seem to be much of a reason behind it. The following happened to

me several years ago and did seem to have a purpose.

I was becoming a dealer in antique glassware and china, and needed education in the subject, to

be sure. It was a Friday and I had to choose an auction for the next day and after that I went to bed

with a decision made for the next day. There were also two other possible auctions that I

had rejected. During the night I dreamed that an auction would be very successful for me, but

it was not the one I had chosen, it was the runner-up. In the morning, I reversed my decision and

went to the one I had dreamed of, and it was there that I purchased my first whole large set of antique glassware of the

1930's, and not only was it most successful in making me money, but I learned tons from the experience.

Another experience was also perhaps for a purpose and was more recent. Fall of 2012, and I was at a trade show and

had taken there a very rare item for others to see, hopefully so I could sell it or trade it for something better. As I arrived for the

second day of the show I had this feeling that the item would go that very day. I mentioned my feeling to another dealer there,

which I would never do unless I was sure. That morning I made the big trade and traded it for something very valuable,

something I wanted much more. I had traded it to the very dealer that I had talked to about my item.

Things like this do not seem to ever happen to me unless it comes true.

Any similar experiences?

• Like 1

I normally dont venture afar outside the ancient history, ufo zone, but less that a week ago, i had a strange feeling almost like my own voice in my head kept saying "theres going to be a big earthquake on the other side of the world". -in a week.. i live in new jersey. of course i saw on the news yesterday that southern asia had one. idk what to think. this is not shocking because it happens alittle too frequently and well, if im not even sure of why im having these THINGS im not sure what to make of them. i think someone should start a thread called premonitions and lets see it play out. not for fun so much but well, from what i stated above, idk maybe something positive can come of it .

my close friends are baffled at how i seem to know certain things at times and i rarely even tell them what i seem to premonate ( is that a word?). they know of other things like for example ill say "trust me its not gonna happen" or vice versa on normal things, or in so e like when i said to my one friend dont worry about getting to the airport early , to pick up her sister, her flight will be delayed i bet a few hours. i have no idea why i said that even after it came out of my mouth im thinking thats just stupid to say, why tell her to be late? but her plane which came from hawaii stopped in michigan ,detroit, and was having mechanical problems and had to board a new plane. mind you when i said it looking back it was already en route on time prior to landing in michigan. she didnt get into newark ,nj til nearly 3.5 hours later than schedule. this is just one reference.

truth is its making me more crazy when i do start to think of these thoughts because i consciously start to redirect them onto new thoughts and even the new thoughts have come to fruition. i dont claim to be a psychic and cannot pick obvious winning lottery numbers trust me ive tried,.. and have no books to sell. i just dont know whats going on in my head sometimes. i feel a great sense of guilt though like i coulda done something, but its only after the fact that the the premonition did in fact come true. i dont know its true until its really true when it happens. and so really im baffled myself! however theres other times im just flat wrong.

dare i ask, can anyone relate?

Edited by Sheep Smart
  • Like 2

Hi Sheep Smart,

I can relate. I have been like this All My Life. I am now 70 years old.

The first thing I did was be careful what I tell other people. Our culture lives in fear about specifically these kind of things.

I now know a great deal more about this (gift?). What it is, how to appreciate it, and most important, what to do with it.

John

• Like 5

Hi Sheep Smart,

I can relate. I have been like this All My Life. I am now 70 years old.

The first thing I did was be careful what I tell other people. Our culture lives in fear about specifically these kind of things.

I now know a great deal more about this (gift?). What it is, how to appreciate it, and most important, what to do with it.

John

Hi John,

I wish i can say the same, perhaps in time.

Im 34 years old myself.

Although im not as shocked anymore these days (stress on AS) I have to say im still I guess puzzled would be a good description on behalf of the issue.

The strangest thing I find is that when I try to predict something it usually is wrong, or about a 20/100 % right.

I say this for a reason,. Ive tested myself even on a deck of cards amoungst numbers, colors ,etc. Every time im applying my concentration. I am always at a 20% rate of being consistently correct. Even on a deck of cards right down to the same suit.

On the other hand when I seem to know events or other things they just come to me without speculation.

The examples as I posted above.

Do you find it hard, generally speaking to concentrate? My mind is always a few steps ahead in just about every aspect. Sort of a linear way of thinking. In some regards I can attribute this to seeing the outcome prior to taking the steps needed to get there. If im explaining this correcly. In other words in every day chores I often get overwhelmed by doing the things I have to get done and just jumping around everything to accomplish what I must in order to achieve whatever it is i must all while knowing im not doing the necessary things that I should be doing,.. im not sure if Im explaining it well but its a downfall in respect to that.

I can identify this with A.D.D. however ive never been treated for it medically. Im not sure if this is a trait associated having this "issue" as far as being somewhat gifted for lack of better words.

If I made the assumption that you had a cat , a gray one in particular I dont expect it to be true and I certainly wouldnt expect it to be accurate. But if it turned out to be true I would t be very surprised at myself.

I can safely conclude its beyond my understanding. Lol.

I've done this a couple times myself. But I think it's just plain luck. Sometimes I'll blurt something out because I've run out of things to say when I'm talking to a person and that person would say; "yes, I am going on vacation soon" for example...which I had no way of knowing that since this person was a stranger to me. It doesn't happen too often but I think it's just a random lucky hit made by a desperate attempt to conversate (is that a word? lol).

Then again, it could be that our subconscious is psychic and sends us these premonitions. That's why when we try to consciously see the future, as in guessing cards or numbers, it doesn't work. It has to come from deep down...without "looking" for it. Which is a bit of a bummer. I'd rather have it the other way round.

• Like 1

Hi John,

I wish i can say the same, perhaps in time.

Im 34 years old myself.

Although im not as shocked anymore these days (stress on AS) I have to say im still I guess puzzled would be a good description on behalf of the issue.

The strangest thing I find is that when I try to predict something it usually is wrong, or about a 20/100 % right.

I say this for a reason,. Ive tested myself even on a deck of cards amoungst numbers, colors ,etc. Every time im applying my concentration. I am always at a 20% rate of being consistently correct. Even on a deck of cards right down to the same suit.

On the other hand when I seem to know events or other things they just come to me without speculation.

The examples as I posted above.

Yes, think of it this way. When you need to know something, for whatever reason, the insight will arrive. The things we deem "nice to know" are more illusive.

Do you find it hard, generally speaking to concentrate? My mind is always a few steps ahead in just about every aspect. Sort of a linear way of thinking. In some regards I can attribute this to seeing the outcome prior to taking the steps needed to get there. If im explaining this correcly. In other words in every day chores I often get overwhelmed by doing the things I have to get done and just jumping around everything to accomplish what I must in order to achieve whatever it is i must all while knowing im not doing the necessary things that I should be doing,.. im not sure if Im explaining it well but its a downfall in respect to that.

Being two steps ahead is ok but if you are more than that it will mess up your own logical thought process. I like to let things flow and connect with the energies that I am involved with. Knowing an outcome and allowing it to unfold is more gracious than helping the process by using the linear thought process.

I can identify this with A.D.D. however ive never been treated for it medically. Im not sure if this is a trait associated having this "issue" as far as being somewhat gifted for lack of better words.

If I made the assumption that you had a cat , a gray one in particular I dont expect it to be true and I certainly wouldnt expect it to be accurate. But if it turned out to be true I would t be very surprised at myself.

I can safely conclude its beyond my understanding. Lol.

I do not exercise my "guessing skill". This is something quite different. I can accept that I know what I know when I do and when I do not, that is just fine with me.

Telepathy was explained to me to be a "shared experience". So if intuition is our 6th sense, the 7th is telepathy. That is what I sense you are using. The question to ask when an experience is being shared with you is "How can I be of assistance". So if a person is rushing to get to the airport, increasing their chance for an accident, say something to slow them down like "those flights are always late". Their subconscious will get the message and you will accomplish your task, as I like to call these things.

John

• Like 1

At random times in my life , I think of someone I haven't heard from in awhile, and they'll call almost instantly. Dreaming of the future is common for me, nothing major or worldwide, just little things to do with me. I was plagued with deja vu as a child, not much these days though. I was 8 yrs old when I had my most memorable experience, we were going on a camping holiday . Dad was driving to a spot we hadn't been to before, and I kept telling him what was up ahead and around the bend. He wanted to know how I knew this, cause we had never been there before, and I told him it was because we just went down this exact same road minutes before. I was told to stop doing "it" very sternly by my mother, it's impossible. I never will forget the look she gave me, also I should add, I get a nauseating feeling when things like this happen or are about to happen and I quickly squash it down by self medication (herdal remedy).

• Like 2

Hi,

This may be a good time to mention why self discovery is so very frightening. Humans have a very strong "fear factor". This is a required component to balance itself with our inner most divine nature. An attribute of fear is that those who are different must be eliminated. We see this with seeming endless wars and intense disagreements. We can also see that historically those who were different in their community or culture, were killed.

We have evolved to a point where physically killing another, just because they are different, is no longer a common practice. However the memory of these experiences, and the things which make some of us different, resides in our subconscious or cellular memory.

Any one who undertakes their self discovery journey, will immediately bring to the surface of their psyche, the memories from their past life experiences. The natural skills we may carry within us are also present with the consequences associated with them. The two are interconnected and entangled with each other.

We do not teach any useful things about how to deal with our fears at this time. Instead we do a lot to encourage and foster fears. These things are starting to slowly change. It will take generations to shift our ways of being about these things.

I hope my thoughts on this subject will help to explain why so many shut down their skill potentials as quickly as they become noticed.

John

• Like 2

I like what John from Lowell just said about "fear factor". I have a friend who after several years of being blind was able to see again, and in time with special

glasses got close to 20/20 and got his drivers license back. This did not happen in a scientific way, and people he knew didn't understand it and came to fear him for what happened.

Does his newly regained sight really threaten anyone? Of course not. We fear what we do not understand.

Edited by jjphere

my eyesight is precision. even after hears of reading, video games and partying its probably gotten even better. i can read the smallest letters on eye charts at docs office. i was with my friend who went to get glasses and i just read out every last letter. the optom said that was a first. plus i was standing a foot or oor so behind the standing point. not complaining !

on the downside im easily blinded by bright light and sun and snow .also at night everything is much darker. weeeeeuuurd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I can relate.sometimes I'm scared to speak it out loud bad thoughts.Iwould think of a boat sinking or a tragic death and it happens. Sometimes when it happens it appears like a picture I don't have it all the time but when it happens I think to myself I knew it I seen it already. Sometimes its totally weird and wonder how in the hell did I know this.

Edited by floatinorb
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

:yes: Only thing I know, I got my "abilities", as a every other generation on my father's side of the Scottish family he is a part of, as am I. I didn't ask for what I have, blessing or curse, I get along prety well with the "issues" that seem to be associaated with them and "them" in general.. Best of luck in dealing with yours :yes: :yes:

Edited by born2run

I was told to stop doing "it" very sternly by my mother, it's impossible. I never will forget the look she gave me, also I should add, I get a nauseating feeling when things like this happen or are about to happen and I quickly squash it down by self medication (herdal remedy).

Well this is all too common unfortunately. We are all born with these abilities and actually learn through aversive conditioning, like the type that S33ker above learned, to squash those abilities, fear and medicate them away.

And it works.

The solution would be for S33ker to see a therapist and learn how to tell that stern look to "shove off". Then to rebuild and rekindle those feelings and not to fear them. They are a natural part of all of us. Some animal species I know, especially prey species, seem to have evolved a sixth sense to what's coming. It may be that natural selection selected these that were able to sense danger ahead of time and avoid being killed. We may have vestiges of that. It may be a perfectly natural function of the brain and psyche. Why tell kids to shut it off?

Ok,

I can't find a prediction thread, so this the closest. If you know of one, move this post there please.

In about three weeks, arizona is going to be hit with a series of huge storms. Now it could be from the tropical storms building up now in the Gulf Coast, but I just have been feeling it for a while now. This monsson season is going to be the worst we have ever had! No tornadoes or anything like that, just terential downpours, and disasterous flooding, and huge sand storms, worse than last year. No, it's not a negative thing, because we need the water out here! Wendesday the seventeenth is a date I feel strongly. Take it with a grain of salt, but I can feel it in my bones XD.

• 1 year later...

I've read some of the past posts and hope that someone out there will see this. I see things all the time. Some I understand and many I do not. Can anyone help me learn to focus? I've learned to listen to my "dreams" and it's almost always been to my benefit. I just don't understand the images that "flash" in my head.

Wow! I know it sounds nuts! Oh well. Stuck with it. Help?!

• Like 1

I've had dreams about places where I do come across eventually. It's like a deja vu but you know you dreamt about this location a few weeks or months prior. Do you eat certain foods that trigger this as well?

• Like 1

My GoodNess I Love This Cause Ive Been Feeling Different For Since I Was A Little Girl Now Im 37 And I Get Deja Vu More I Think Of Someone And They Call Or Text Me Or Have Even Tried Finding Me Online Also DEpending On Who Im Hanging Out With I Draw In Energy Like FRom What Appears To Me Some Kind Of Outside Spirit Trying To Get My Attention Ive Also Had The KInd Of Dreams Where I Felt Everything Was All Over And I Call Out Gods Name Whatever It Is In My Bad Dream Always Lets Me Get Away Ive Had Times Where Ive Been Drunk Recordered And Took A Few Pics Also Had People Say They Saw The Devil Inside Of Me Just Think Its Strange Is All I No Longer Drink And I Feel THat God HAs Helped Cause I No Longer Crave Also I Stopped Associating With The People In My Life Who Party Way Too Much

• 1 month later...

I have a thread entitled "Unusual brain conditions and precognition". I will see which section it's in, then post that location as well.

I developed mine not long after the onset of puberty. The first things were:

1) Knowing my best friend was going to move 1 1/2 years before she did (her family moved to Florida).

2) Knowing that another friend's name would change ( her stepfather adopted her)

These were thuoghts that came to me when my mind was wandering right before going to sleep.

Then the precognitive dreams started. Starting a age 11 (I believe), I had a recurring dream of flying over Manhattan. As I reached the Towers, a voice said, "These Towers will fall, not for the reason given, but to start a war."

Thr first one was in 1969 or 1970.

Since then, I've just "known" things. One good example happened when a friend of mine was talking about her mother's death. Her mother left her a large collection of expensive jewerly. Her sister got the house.

One night, she called me in a panic---they couldn't find the jewelry anywhere.

I'd been woken from a sound sleep, & thought I was still dreaming. In my mind, I "entered" her mother's house (the location of which to me was a complete mystery), went around the house & went upstairs to this room, the walls of which were paintrd a light green. As I entered, I saw a cedar chest, or "hope chest" as it used to be called. Removing the sheets and pillows, I found a false botoom. Ad I removed that bottom, I saw. a bunch of necklaces, brooches [sp?], and such.

I told her this, going right back to sleep. The next day, she called my excitedly to tell me I was exactly correct, and to thank me.

Imagine my surprise. I thought it had all been a dream.

Edited by Lakewolf Whitecrow

This happens to me a lot. When I was a teenager my dreams literally would come true - now as an adult it's almost never a dream but just sensing that I should do this or that.

This gift seems to be concentrated in people of Celtic descent and Native peoples around the world. I inherited it from my great-grandfather's side of the family, and from my father (who was German). I have a thread, "Unusual brain conditions and precognition" in which I'd hoped to explore possible reasons for this.

Unfortunately, most posts wanted me to "prove" it. Someone even said that I was probably schizophrenic. Check out the thread if you want to see the other side of the issue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

One late night in the early summer of 2008 I went out into a lightning storm and I was uncharacteristically filled with an excess of energy. At that time I'd gone out into lightning storms whenever I could for a few years. At first I didn't know why I felt impelled to go out into the lightning storms, except that lightning was awesome and I wanted to see it. Well, that night I did what they tell you not to do and went out into an open area next to an electricity conducting object in the park, challenging myself with the prospect of getting hit with a lightning bolt. It rained lightly as the lightning bolts were much more intense than usual. I got the novel idea to try and "tell the lightning where to strike". I began to randomly point at the clouds. At first it didn't work at all, but gradually, as I did this pointing technique while standing next to the danger zone object I would accurately point to where the lightning would strike only a second or two before it struck. I quit doing it when I got three in a row that happened with me pointing a second before or they would happen simultaneously with the pointing action. I quit because it began to pour rain in the park and I didn't want to get the seats in my car wet. Since then I hadn't tried this technique and I quit voluntarily risking my life under lightning storms.

Fast forward to the other day when there was a lightning storm in the next town over from where I currently live. The lightning storms are fairly intense in this area. I was out doing a chore and on my way from my car into a store when I got the urge to look over to the mountains on the horizon where the dusty charcoal clouds were and right when I looked there the inaugural lightning strike for the storm hit, therefore making that my first unintentional "prophecy in action" or whatever you'd like to call it. Then, since these thunderstorms continued through these past few days, I'd unintentionally looked to the area of a lightning strike right before it happened a total seven times.

Edited by Zalmoxis

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I was a kid (maybe 7 or 8 yrs old) sometimes I would have the feeling that it will rain and it rained.. without knowing anything about dark skies etc. But it doesn't always happen, it made me curious about it that I asked my mother, how do you know that it would rain 'cause she often says that it will rain and worries about her laundry. She told me about the dark skies and simply thought 'oh so that's the way how to do it..'. so I don't have 'it' anymore. Though, my father said that kids are normally sensitive and usually lose it when they grow up so I guess it was just normal.. :)

I always do like daja vo i dont if that right but my dreams almost all comes true if not then in the future or something simular in the same place and the same surrounding and the exact same way. i also feel things like if im with some whos down my mood changes or i can read them how they are l i always thought i was crazy but for a example I was around a friend alot she was pregnant i dream her son with a angel at the time i thought was her old but then she was have problems in her pregnancy and i started feeling sad around her then i felt like i read her one day knowing she was going to lose it. Felt bad didnt know how to tell her with out sounding crazy then she had a ultrasound he look just like his brother i put it all together 2 days later i woke up crying turns out at that moment she lost her baby i know something was wrong. Im trying to figure out why this happens with me want to know more theres other things i I experience But not related to thos post

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=283652

Edited by Still Waters
Added link to member's own topic in relation to this post.

• 3 weeks later...

You can actually see the future with hypnosis. It's not something new, it's been done already by numerous people. First you have to hypnotize yourself and second you have to become very emotional about it. Do you meditate? If you get in deep trance you may see things before they transpire. It's called intuition. You can as well provoke the future and change your destiny if you alter the way you live and act on a daily basis. It's you who has control and that can be achieved when you tap on your esoteric powers.

• 1 month later...

I have had premonitions and dreams since I was a kid. When I was 10 my pop died and I attended his funeral. Fast forward a few years and I am about 15-16. My great-grandfather had been really sick for some time and one night I had a dream of attending my pops funeral when I was 10. I woke up as soon as this happened; I don't know the exact time, but it was just getting light so it was early morning. I went back to sleep and when I got up later to get ready for school I walked into the kitchen and told my mum about my dream and that we should see if grandad was ok. She looked at me with a shocked look on her face and said my grandfather had died at 4 that morning.

It has also happened multiple times since then but it wasn't until recently I took it seriously. i'm 22 now and a few weeks ago I started to get bad pains in my abdomen and feeling sick; every time this happened I would think of a friend of mine who lived far away. After this happening a few times I called her and asked her about her health and if there was something wrong with her abdomen, stomach or liver. She told me she had just been to the doctor that day and she had serious liver damage. And she had been feeling sick and had abdominal pains.

I also get dejavu a lot. I will be in the middle of a conversation or doing something and I know I have done it before. Usually then I know what someone will say next or what will happen next. When I have dreams I cannot remember them after being awake for about 10 seconds. I also feel a lot of presences and see people. They don't talk to me but they are there. Also when I'm highly stressed I see cats.

And a few times while driving I have seen a figure dressed all in black, usually with a black veil or hat that covers their face; and they cross the road right in front of my car and I have to break so I don't hit them. But by the time I start to slow down and look back up they are gone.

My best friend didn't believe me about the last one when I told her; but the third time it happened she was in the car with me. I slowed right down very suddenly and put my arm across her because I was about to hit someone. She also saw the look on my face and realised that it was actually happening.

I am also a WWE fan;I live in Australia so in the afternoon here is generally night time in America. I was cleaning my room when I decided to check the net as I had a feeling there was a new Divas Champion and Nikki had finally been defeated. So I went on to the bleacher report and sure enough, Charlotte had one the Divas Championship only minutes before.

Does anyone else have feelings and senses like mine? Is it normal or should I be worried? I am of Spanish-Welsh decent and I have heard before that these things can be related to people of Cetlic or native origins.

Edited by Allira