Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs Disabling Nuclear Missiles

AlasBabylon

.....I have literally never seen you discuss a case.....

He does do a lot of this though: :nw:

• Like 1

Im not saying that any of my two examples are ET..... Im saying that the best UFO cases are unexplained. There is a hugh difference.

As for the time travelers or interdimensional visitors idea..... Why not throw in Bug People from inner Earth, or, maybe we are living in a simulated reality and UFOs are bugs in the softwear??

No, I believe that all these UFOs could be explained with the mundane, if we had all the information necessary.

So is the Matrix hypothesis.

you need to broaden your horizons a little..try and be a little more open-minded...i'm not in the realm of ufo's and conspiracy...more scientific speculation...have a mooch round here....and stop being such a fox mulder that you try your damndest to debunk everything:

http://www.sentientdevelopments.com/2013/03/what-is-purpose-of-universe-here-is-one.html

you need to broaden your horizons a little..try and be a little more open-minded...i'm not in the realm of ufo's and conspiracy...more scientific speculation...have a mooch round here....and stop being such a fox mulder that you try your damndest to debunk everything:

http://www.sentientd...ere-is-one.html

Are you saying that my two examples arent enough open-minded?

Are you saying that my two examples arent enough open-minded?

i'm saying that there's an awful lot we don't know and that which we laugh at now may prove to be perfectly understandable in 100 years....

people far cleverer than either of us ruminate on such things....you should check them out if you want real answers rather than looking to debunk ufo sightings....which, i agree, are mostly the mundane.

out of interest tho - what is your opinion of the Wow Signal?

out of interest tho - what is your opinion of the Wow Signal?

I think the jury is still out on that, origin unknown and all that. To bad it never repeated.

I think the jury is still out on that, origin unknown and all that. To bad it never repeated.

hmmm...only reason i mentioned is that i read somewhere recently it's been (hate this phrase) 'debunked' but to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been.

i've spent too many years wading thru all the ufo sightings etc to take much of them seriously....so i try and stick now to the confirmed..and pure speculative thought...hence my earlier time traveller comments.

something doesn't quite add up....fermi / drake etc....seem to pose massive questions.

Edited by dekker87

hmmm...only reason i mentioned is that i read somewhere recently it's been (hate this phrase) 'debunked' but to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been.

i've spent too many years wading thru all the ufo sightings etc to take much of them seriously....so i try and stick now to the confirmed..and pure speculative thought...hence my earlier time traveller comments.

something doesn't quite add up....fermi / drake etc....seem to pose massive questions.

I just think its to much to try something paranormal with another "out there" explanation. Like the "UFOs are timetravelers".

Its like trying to explaining ghosts, with demons.

I just think its to much to try something paranormal with another "out there" explanation. Like the "UFOs are timetravelers".

Its like trying to explaining ghosts, with demons.

oh i see.

ghosts - dimensional shift residue.

demons / possession - mental illness...watched a programme about exorcism last night..very clear to me what was going on was a form of psychotherapy where the 'possessed' is given a forum to freely express those thoughts and feelings which they have but which they may be ashamed of.

oh i see.

ghosts - dimensional shift residue.

demons / possession - mental illness...watched a programme about exorcism last night..very clear to me what was going on was a form of psychotherapy where the 'possessed' is given a forum to freely express those thoughts and feelings which they have but which they may be ashamed of.

I just think its a good idea to try our best to weed out the crap from UFOology (the field is full of it) to see what, if anything, is left.

Most of the time all that is left is the usual Unexplained.

"One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything." - William of Occam -

Edited by DBunker

When I saw this thread, I could have sworn that I heard a collective groan from some of the "old" heads on this forum. :)

This demonstrates that old UFO stories resembles that of the Chickenpox (vericella zoster) virus...it never goes away, it simply lies dormant only to surface later as Shingles.

Nice to see that we've gone from 10 missiles shut down to that of time travel...

• Like 3

UFOs Disabling Nuclear Missiles: Former Senator Says Veterans' Testimony

is the "Smoking Gun" Confirming a U.S. Government Cover-up

May 7, 2013

The following was released by Robert Hastings:

" In an interview with ABC News/Yahoo! News last Friday, former U.S. Senator Mike Gravel (D-Alaska)

said statements by U.S. Air Force nuclear missile launch officers - regarding mysterious aerial objects

interfering with the functionality of American ICBMs - make clear that top government officials are lying

to the public when they claim to have no knowledge of national security-related UFO incidents. "

" 'An advanced, outside third party has been tampering with American and Russian nukes,' Hastings says. "

See link for entire press release.

http://online.wsj.co...507-908600.html

Just above and below the article you have this

The Wall Street Journal news department was not involved in the creation of this content.

That means it isn't a news story, just a press release submitted by someone else. Press releases are not researched by the news agencies to determine the validity of the release.

• Like 1

Wasn't Mike Gravel paid $20,000 for giving this info?

Wasn't Mike Gravel paid $20,000 for giving this info?

Yes, he and a few other former members of Congress were paid $20K to participate. Assuming some of the funds were used to cover travel and lodging.

Robert Hastings refused to participate probably believing that the "hearings" were no more than a circus espousing the mundane and weird claims. I believe that he thought the atmosphere denigrated the former missileers claims. Yet, Robert Salas chose to go along with the "festival."

Possible schism between Hastings and Salas?

• Like 1

That means it isn't a news story, just a press release submitted by someone else.

I never said otherwise.

The following was released by Robert Hastings:

I liked the idea that UFOs might [finally] be doing something useful = disabling nukes.

Edited by AlasBabylon

Alas Babylon:

I liked the idea that UFOs might [finally] be doing something useful = disabling nukes

I'm curious, how do you come to the conclusion that UFOs might/finally have disabled nukes? Please don't take this in the negative, as I'm only curious how you have come to conclude this.

I've looked at this theory very closely and have come to the conclusion that there is no tangible evidence to support the claim. True we've, here in the U.S., have had several incidents involving aircraft and ICBMs, yet all can be traced back to either electrical/mechanical failures or human error...yes, some meeting the engineering definition of "catastrophic failures."

As far as the numerous ICBM systems that have been fielded, not one accident has been attributed to so-called UFO causation. True, Malmstrom had a flight of 10 missiles drop off alert, probable and likely EMP pulse emanating from the Launch Control Center, as this can only be the source/location causing only one flight to be affected. No adjacent flights had any issues. With that said, all missile systems showed no damage (hardware/electrical/software). A force wide installation of EMP suppression kits seem to do the trick...thwarting future UFO incursions?, as this EMP phenomena was never to be repeated.

FE Warren's 2010 319th missile squadron issues was a communication problem that affected all 5 Launch Control Centers Weapon Processing Systems computers from "talking" with each other (time slot issues, round robin sync. issues). Yes, Hastings tried to link UFOs to that incident, but his claims fell flat...not even a "dead cat's" bounce. BTW, this has not been the first time that this problem had occurred as Malmstrom had a similar problem in the 1990s in it's 490th missile squadron.

Only one true "Broken Arrow" event with ICBMs, 1980 Titan II site near Damascus, Arkansas, total destruction of the missile, silo, temporary loss of the nuke, etc. I sat in on a safety briefing at Vandenburg AFB, Oct 1980, where the incident was discussed...not one hint, behind the scenes, of UFO activity, and this was a true disable missile/nuke!

Sorry, to ramble, but I only wanted to bring this to your attention and would hope that you would consider other causes before linking to UFOs.

I'm curious, how do you come to the conclusion that UFOs might/finally have disabled nukes? Please don't take this in the negative, as I'm only curious how you have come to conclude this.

As I said... I like the idea that UFOs might [finally] be doing something useful = disabling nukes.

In the summer of 1952 there were a series of UFO sightings over the Washington DC area...

what was the purpose for that... sightseeing ??

It's nice to theorize that UFOs may actually be used to do something constructive.

Edited by AlasBabylon

Can I get $ 20,000 If I tell you How the UFO`s disable the Nukes ? I`ll even change my name to Gravel ! :gun:

Just a Cold war era high jinks in my book !

When I saw this thread, I could have sworn that I heard a collective groan from some of the "old" heads on this forum. :)

This demonstrates that old UFO stories resembles that of the Chickenpox (vericella zoster) virus...it never goes away, it simply lies dormant only to surface later as Shingles.

Nice to see that we've gone from 10 missiles shut down to that of time travel...

I read this book about the magician Uri Geller, back in the 70's.

The author claims Uri's abilities were bestowed upon him by aliens.

He communicated with the aliens through a tape recorder (the tape would always mysteriously vanish, like magic).

Quote from Appendix 1

The Nine*

"We'll silence the atomic weapons of the world. Whoever produces them, they will have no effect. Let them go on producing. You see, just as sound could be produced, it could also be silenced; just as light could be burned, it could be extinguished . The method of production is the method of destruction obversely applied. There is a kind of immunity, physical immunity - just as there is an immunity from diseases. Matter has potential for counteracting almost anything that has taken shape. So, supposing we manufacture a silencer of atom bombs - and one silencer would be enough let Russia go ahead producing atom bombs in endless quantity."

*Uri: A Journal Of The Mystery Of Uri Geller by Andrija Puharich (1974)

http://www.uri-geller.com/uri-mystery/uri0.htm

The theme has been around for awhile.

The spiritual quality depicted paints a comforting image of a sentiment very prevailent at the time.

Edited by HDesiato

I find it interesting that the vast majority of UFO sightings began during and after WW2.

During WW2 UFOs were called "foo fighters"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter

Then came the famous 1947 Kenneth Arnold sighting from which came the term, "flying saucer."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Arnold_UFO_sighting

Edited by AlasBabylon

Robert Hastings has done some good research in the whole UFO nuke issue.

http://www.ufohastings.com

From UFO UpDates:

Date: Tue, May 7, 2013 8:20 pm

Archived: Wed, 08 May 2013 07:06:38 -0400

Subject: Regarding The Citizen Hearing On Disclosure

All,

As I told a friend, when he asked me to assess the Citizen

Hearing before it happened, "Nothing is black or white. Some

good will come from it, however, I suspect that the negatives

will outweigh the positives and I am concerned that the ex-USAF

missileers who've decided to participate will end up being

unfairly associated with the less-than-credible witnesses."

Well, given that former U.S. Senator Mike Gravel took the Air

Force veterans seriously and went so far as to say that their

statements were the "smoking gun" that confirmed that there

was/is a government cover-up on UFOs, I would say that I was

correct about the good part.

Also, serious researchers were in evidence, including Peter

Davenport and Kevin Randle, to name two. And credible

whistleblowers, such as retired FAA administrator John Callahan.

But as I watched the hearings, all five days, it became clear

that I was also correct about the bad part. Bassett has never

vetted his witnesses, refuses to do so, probably doesn't even

know how, and it frequently showed. So, it's not surprising that

there was more than a little BS, wishful thinking, and unwitting

participation in hoaxes and disinformation ops.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Ufology.

However, given how rare it is for a high-level government type

to say something affirming about UFOs and the cover-up of same -

even though Sen. Gravel left Washington in 1981 - I decided to

issue the following press release:

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130507-908600.html

It has already received some useful attention. The debunkers

will say that I am posting it just to sell books. That's what

they always fall back on, since the information I have collected

over the years from military veterans is credible, documented,

and hard to refute.

Robert

ufohastings.nul

Maybe they have seen the movie Independence Day and are systematically disabling all the worlds nukes so we can't defeat them when they invade.

Although the UFO/ET phenomena has always been a part of ancient lore and myth, I find it interesting that once the atomic bomb was detonated, then the number of UFO reports skyrocketed. There have been many reports of UFOs over nuclear bases and near the weaponry as well. Pilots have often described their instrumentation and electronic meters failing during UFO chases. It's not too farfetched to assume an advanced alien race could disarm our nuclear weapons. Especially if they knew the impulsive nature of mankind and how the least little conflict could initiate nuclear war. That would be the silver lining to the story, I suppose; disarming the nukes for our own good.

If the aliens/ufo's were so concerned about mans potentially destructive nuclear technology, then how come we had the nuclear disasters at Chernobyl and Fukushima? They did/are doing - more long term harm to the environment than the bombing of Hiroshima.

Seems the aliens who are smart enough to find missile bases totally missed those ones eh? That were not even hidden...so why didnt they ever get shut down, even temporarily, by the ufo/aliens?

Edited by seeder