Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Been seeing ghosts in my home. What to do?

Mumbles235

At first I tried to think of any logical thing could have been happening, like wind closing doors or roommates, but when I started to hear the noises and see shadows in the corner I was thinking maybe it could be happening again. When I was little I use to see them a lot but I put up a wall to block them out. I don't know what I should do.

Hi Mumbles,

Can you expand on "seeing shadows in the corner", do you mean from the corner of your eye or in a certain part of your house?

I will be laying in bed and the door will be closed and I see a shadow by the door and the only light I have in my room is normally my laptop facing me. Or when I'm in the kitchen around 2 I can see something in the hallway. I find my dogs barking at nothing at random times of the day also. All I know is I'm looking at it straight on, and I get the same feeling I did when I thought I saw ghosts when I was little.

Edited by Mumbles235

And most important: 6. What the hell are you doing in kitchen in 2 AM?? Just kidding, you never said is it 2 AM or 2 PM. But it would make sense to try to establish pattern.. do shadows appear only during night, or during day or in some specific times of day.. As much data you can gather and share will help understand your problem.

I'm just going to focus on the shadows for now as everything else (while could be related) can also be explained away. I'm gonna ask you some questions (please don't be offended) because what you're experiencing sounds similar to what I do from time to time.

1) have you ever played a Ouija Board, including a home made one? Even if it was just some silly play when you were younger.

2) do you feel low or depressed right now about something in general life that's bugging you? ie: love life, work etc.

3) if not you, do you feel any of your housemates could be very depressed right now?

4) how do you feel when you see the shadows? do you feel intimidated or instinctively frightened?

5) have you seen them frequently throughout your life? can you expand on when you said you put up a wall to block them out? what did you do? who told you to do that, was it because of the same shadows etc?

I have never played with a Ouija Board my sister did, I have no depression, one of my roommates may have it but then again I never know he doesn't talk to me much. As for when I see the shadow I feel terrified, Like a weight is on my chest and I cant move, I force myself to walk away, because if not I go into a panic attack. I have seen them through out life but haven't had this feeling in a long time, it was my sister and my aunt who told me to block them out(since we 3 are wiccan they were the only people who knew). I cant remember how I did it since the last time I experienced this feeling I believe I was 6 or 7, they wanted me to block them out because I was such a young age and my sisters fiance wanted to send me to a mental hospital.

And most important: 6. What the hell are you doing in kitchen in 2 AM?? Just kidding, you never said is it 2 AM or 2 PM. But it would make sense to try to establish pattern.. do shadows appear only during night, or during day or in some specific times of day.. As much data you can gather and share will help understand your problem.

The showings don't seem to have a pattern on when they show up, just when ever our guard is down. It seems to be mainly during early morning/ and just after dusk. I know I'm not the only one feeling that something is here. My boyfriend who is a I need proof to believe kinda guy says he feels something here and constantly asks if I keep moving things, and if I was in another part of the house when i wasn't.

The showings don't seem to have a pattern on when they show up, just when ever our guard is down. It seems to be mainly during early morning/ and just after dusk. I know I'm not the only one feeling that something is here. My boyfriend who is a I need proof to believe kinda guy says he feels something here and constantly asks if I keep moving things, and if I was in another part of the house when i wasn't.

Well being a wiccan explains a lot, especially since you seem to experience recurring visitations. Maybe you are in emotionally stressful period in your life and your guards have been knocked down for a while? You speak in plural, so there is someone else who experiences such incidents? I'm assuming you're reffering to your boyfriend. How many years passed since you had dealings of such sort ?

In nutshell, i would say you have only two options: rebuild your shield guard, or chenge religious belief so God can protect you.

Well being a wiccan explains a lot, especially since you seem to experience recurring visitations. Maybe you are in emotionally stressful period in your life and your guards have been knocked down for a while? You speak in plural, so there is someone else who experiences such incidents? I'm assuming you're reffering to your boyfriend. How many years passed since you had dealings of such sort ?

In nutshell, i would say you have only two options: rebuild your shield guard, or chenge religious belief so God can protect you.

I don't seem stressed, nor my boyfriend who does not believe in anything and has been feeling something here in the house. I thought that it may have been from me doing a cleansing of a lot of drama, and people in my life that may have took down the wall but it seems to be since I moved here, it has been I would say 5 years since I have experienced something unwillingly.

The reason I asked about depression is that darker spirits are attracted to negative emotions like that. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound nice but I will say if you've been seeing them on and off throughout your life, like I have, you'll never get rid of them forever. There are things you can do to oust them temporarily but I've found that sooner or later, as soon as they get a window, they'll be back.

I'm just going to ask you to do a simple exercise to see if it makes a difference and ideally, you'll have a white candle to do it with. This is an exercise that has personally never failed me and I've used it a lot when asked to go to peoples homes to help them get rid of darker energies like you're describing. No reason why it shouldn't work without a candle but the light from the flame can help with an integral part of the exercise (something the spirit will attempt to block if it's smart) which is visualiation. I know it may be difficult to do if you have a house full but I'd suggest lighting the candle and take it into every room you have (including basement/attic/store cupboards etc). When you start, simply ask in your mind that God/angels/whatever you personally believe in help you to cleanse away all negative energies and entities in the house. Go from room to room, imagining a white light washing each room out and washing away black/dark energies. All you need to do is stand in the center of each room and each "see" the light coming from the candle flame or you can close your eyes and see it happen in your mind, all that matters is you have 100% faith in yourself that you're cleaning out the bad energies. Take extra matches as it's not uncommon (at least for me) for the candle flame to unexpectedly go out.

If you do have a dark spirit there, it's going to try and stop you. I'm not saying you'll find yourself in a scene of the Exorcist but the further you go on with this (depending on how sensitive you are) the more it will try to scare you off from completing what you're doing. A lot of the time, you might see unwelcome distressing images in your head, you might feel sick, you might see lights, you might see the shadow itself, you might hear voices (audible or in your mind) just persevere and don't give up and most importantly... don't let it make you feel like you can't do this. That's why I suggest a candle because I've tried without and if they can distract you with images in your mind (and disrupt your visualisation) you've lost. One time all I could visualise instead of white light was a black darkness and I just couldn't get past that.

It's quite a simple exercise but it was taught to me when I was 16 and had played a Ouija Board and I was in a world of trouble. Like I say, it won't work forever (unless you take the time to do this exercise daily/weekly/monthly) which is why if I ever do it for somebody else, I let them know what I'm doing so they can continue it themselves or use it later if need be.

People will laugh at what I've posted most likely but if you truly feel like you're experiencing this, I'm willing to believe you and help you best I can because I know how it feels to have experiences like this (and worse) and feel like there's no one to help me.

Aside from this, just try and be happy in every day life. As I say, if they can find a window back, they will, and they feed off of negative emotions.

I hope this helps you out, please keep me informed :)

I will try this, thank you for the information and I will keep you posted. Hopefully I can do this when everyone is out of the house tomorrow and I will finally get a full nights rest.

7.jpg

If there has been drama happening then peoples spiritual guardians are possibly going to make their presence known. They can appear in many ways & their basic message is to tell us we're not alone. They are guardians who take care of us on many parallel worlds as well. At first it's like they are strangers & you want them to leave; & then you find they have been with you since birth & make it possible for your soul to experience human life.

Pray read the Bible and get advice from a priest in how to cleanse your home of anything that could be malevolent. Non malevolent I could care less take a seat and check out the boon tube for all I care but the rest go to h#@@ LITERALLY

Pray read the Bible and get advice from a priest in how to cleanse your home of anything that could be malevolent. Non malevolent I could care less take a seat and check out the boon tube for all I care but the rest go to h#@@ LITERALLY

What? Who are you telling to go to hell? And this is assuming the OP is of the same faith as you.

Obviously if its a malevolent spirit its not liking the Bible so why would I tell it to go to heaven?

As for my comment she asked for advice and I told her whats worked for me. If your a non believer cold why are you even on this site trying to put down every post.

Some spiritual traditions cleanse or smudge their environment of negative energy using smoke from white sage, sandalwood or cedar incense, etc. You can find a lot of websites that give instructions on how to do it. My family finds it very effective and useful, and most of us smudge on a regular basis to keep the house "clean" of unwanted spooks/entities/energy. This simple ceremony is run by intention that becomes manifest in the physical world through action, which is expressed by the ceremony and demanding that all negative energies leave the premises. It can be followed by burning sweet grass to invite positive energy. And it makes the house smell good!

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

Obviously if its a malevolent spirit its not liking the Bible so why would I tell it to go to heaven?

First off, I didn't understand your post. That's why I asked who you were telling to go to hell.

Now that I do I will tell you why.

You are assuming that everyone's faith is the same as yours. Not everyone is a Bible believing Christian.

Also, you're feeding into an event that might not be paranormal at all instead of thinking of logical explanations and being rational.

As for my comment she asked for advice and I told her whats worked for me. If your a non believer cold why are you even on this site trying to put down every post.

I am not. This question is asked a million times by hard core closed mind believers at least 3 times a week.

Give me a reason why you have a right to be here and I do not. I try to educate people on how something that seems paranormal could have a logical explanation. BION the explanation for SP has relieved a lot of frightened posters who believed they were being haunted or abducted, etc. They had never heard of SP and came here and had their fears erased and learned something.

I came to this site a long time ago as a believer. I don't completely disbelieve and if you want to know, I do believe in God but I will put logic and reasoning before jumping to the conclusion of a haunting every time.

I would love to have my mind changed and see evidence, but I have not so far. I meditate and have odd sensations and I've had SP but I don't believe any of it is 'paranormal' or from some other spiritual realm. I believe in the power of the mind and the tricks it can play and I believe in hallucinations and science.

Nothing you or anyone else will post on a forum is going to change my mind, so I will give my opinions and I will give explanations and you can listen and relate or you can think I'm a smart alec and I'm putting people down. That's up to you.

I never said you have no right to be here I just think anyone who reads things like this should have an open mind about what their reading. There is lots of things that I consider to be far fetched but I wasn't there so idk. I've seen things other tell me most likely aren't there and I should go see a doctor. But will the dr come to my house in the middle of the night and sit around to see if something shows up? I doubt it but would still insist it was a hallucination without collecting all the evidence.

As for some of your post I totally agree with them some I don't but no two people will ever agree on everything so we should just agree to disagree on this topic :) not to say everyone does or doesn't believe the way I do. Just as something that works for me may not work for someone else but that's a fact with anything and everything. Life would be real boring if we were all just alike.

I never said you have no right to be here I just think anyone who reads things like this should have an open mind about what their reading. There is lots of things that I consider to be far fetched but I wasn't there so idk. I've seen things other tell me most likely aren't there and I should go see a doctor. But will the dr come to my house in the middle of the night and sit around to see if something shows up? I doubt it but would still insist it was a hallucination without collecting all the evidence.

No a doctor might not but a video camera would so you could ease your own mind if nothing else. If other people are saying it, maybe there's something to it? I see one, there's no stigma to it. What harm could it do? Make you feel better? Stop your unease?

I do have an open mind. I am trying to ease yours by giving you alternate explanations, but you only want to believe your explanations.

Whose mind is closed?

As for some of your post I totally agree with them some I don't but no two people will ever agree on everything so we should just agree to disagree on this topic :) not to say everyone does or doesn't believe the way I do. Just as something that works for me may not work for someone else but that's a fact with anything and everything. Life would be real boring if we were all just alike.

Agreed.