Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you drink recycled sewage?

Still Waters

Millions of families are being asked if they would drink water from recycled sewage to avoid shortages.

Thames Water, which supplies more than 3.5million homes in London and the Thames Valley, will face a deficit of 125million litres a day by the end of the decade if no action is taken.

That is roughly equivalent to the amount needed for a million baths.

http://www.dailymail...-shortages.html

We do already; the planet's hydraulics is a closed system. The question is closer to how much untreated sewage are we willing to tolerate.

• Like 6

Bring it on, I have a filter.

• Like 2

my fluid intake has either been brewed or distilled so i'm pretty sure i'm safe.

saying that though, the gallon of suicider i've got for tonight's party looks a bit iffy.....

:-S

• Like 3

My cats won't drink tap water; only bottled water. (The public water system here is not quite up to US standards).

• Like 1

My cats won't drink tap water; only bottled water. (The public water system here is not quite up to US standards).

They got more fluoride than us. Our teeth are not as white as the Americans.

There is no way I am going to drink recycled sewage. I drink deep well water now and I intend to keep it that way.

My horses won't drink out of the creek. They will get in it to play but they run across the field in the scorching summer heat for some cold well water. I think the creek must smell fishy to them.

Most of America already does. Denver's sewage goes into the Platte River for Omaha to treat and drink. Detroit's goes into the Detroit River, then into Lake Erie where it flows along the south shore so that Cleveland, Fairport, Painesville, Geneva, Ashtabula, Conneaut, Erie, Dunkirk and Buffalo, among others will have something to run through their filter plants. Every major river in the US has these problems.

Doug

Everyone knows all water has potentially been waste water before, right?

That beverage you about to spit across your PC screen could contain water molecules which were once dino p***.

Urine is simply water which has impurity dissolved in it. Remove the impurity's and you're left with water no different from what you drank in the first place.