Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Ambassador Secretly Enters Syria....

AlasBabylon

May 9, 2013

US Ambassador Makes Secret Crossing Into Syria to Briefly Meet With Rebels

" U.S. Ambassador to Syria Robert Ford briefly crossed into northern Syria

on Thursday to meet with Syrian opposition leaders.

It is Ford’s first visit back to Syria since he left in February, 2012,

when the U.S. embassy suspended operations in Damascus.... "

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/us-ambassador-makes-secret-crossing-into-syria-to-briefly-meet-with-rebels/

• Like 1

Considering the respect they have for US ambassadors these days, he seems a brave soul. I wonder what kind of aid package he was delivering or negotiating?

I thought the US doesnt negotiate with terrorists. But they will meet and deal with "rebels" who fight under an Al qaeda flag? Makes you wonder how long they have been dealing with terrorists in secret.

• Like 2

I thought the US doesnt negotiate with terrorists. But they will meet and deal with "rebels" who fight under an Al qaeda flag? Makes you wonder how long they have been dealing with terrorists in secret.

It's a risky business... consorting with terrorists... if you could, just ask General Lebed.

I sometimes wonder if the current US admin is REALLY sinister or just breath takingly inept. These seem to be our choices.

• Like 1

there are a lot of details to work out , like, what do you need to take control of the country ? and, what do "WE" get for it when the new government is installed ?

It's all done in the spirit of international cooperation and avarice

there are a lot of details to work out , like, what do you need to take control of the country ? and, what do "WE" get for it when the new government is installed ?

It's all done in the spirit of international cooperation and avarice

Yeah, I get the whole greed and corporate evil angle in general but... what is it that Syria has that anyone needs? Edited by and then

Yeah, I get the whole greed and corporate evil angle in general but... what is it that Syria has that anyone needs?

The Ark of the Covenant ?

Some Muslims say when the Mahdi is revealed he will have the Ark

that some say was hidden in Lake Tiberias [sea if Galilee.] Syria

once possessed part of the shoreline... but has since been cut off

entirely by Israeli occupation.

I disagree with that theory... my studies show the Ark was hidden

in Elam [now part of Iran.]

" He is called the Mahdi because he will guide people to a mountain in Syria

from which he will bring out the volumes of the Torah to refute the Jews.

At the hands of the Mahdi, the Ark of the Covenant will be brought forth

at Lake Tiberias and taken and placed in Jerusalem."

http://hadithprophesies.blogspot.com/2009/05/imam-mahdi.html

Edited by AlasBabylon

The Ark of the Covenant ?

Some Muslims say when the Mahdi is revealed he will have the Ark

that some say was hidden in Lake Tiberias [sea if Galilee.] Syria

once possessed part of the shoreline... but has since been cut off

entirely by Israeli occupation.

I disagree with that theory... my studies show the Ark was hidden

in Elam [now part of Iran.]

" He is called the Mahdi because he will guide people to a mountain in Syria

from which he will bring out the volumes of the Torah to refute the Jews.

At the hands of the Mahdi, the Ark of the Covenant will be brought forth

at Lake Tiberias and taken and placed in Jerusalem."

http://hadithprophes...imam-mahdi.html

These same prophecies or eschatology speak of Jesus coming to a mosque in Damascus, taking a subservient position to the "rightly guided one" and killing Christians and Jews who will not convert, breaking crosses and killing swine. For the record, I don't believe any of THAT stuff either.

These same prophecies or eschatology speak of Jesus coming to a mosque in Damascus, taking a subservient position to the "rightly guided one" and killing Christians and Jews who will not convert, breaking crosses and killing swine. For the record, I don't believe any of THAT stuff either.

Interesting... do you have a link to those prophecies ?

I never understood why any religion would force the "conversion" of their enemy.

Seems to me that would create a fifth column that would destroy the religion from within.

Interesting... do you have a link to those prophecies ?

I never understood why any religion would force the "conversion" of their enemy.

Seems to me that would create a fifth column that would destroy the religion from within.

Main source is a book by Joel Richardson that explains a theory that the antichrist will actually be Muslim. Entitled THE ISLAMIC ANTICHRIST - the title makes the book seem like a polemic, but it actually is a very balanced and well documented book that explains a great deal about the holy texts of Islam - both the Qur'an and the Hadith literature. It is a very good primer for someone unschooled in Islam. The actual source he quotes for Isa (Jesus) returning to Damascus is http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihmuslim/169-Sahih%20Muslim%20Book%2041.%20Turmoil%20And%20Portents%20Of%20The%20Last%20Hour/15281-sahih-muslim-book-041-hadith-number-7015.html

I recommend the book highly. His thesis on the final battle between good and evil sums up a world struggling between Christian and Muslim views of the "last days". If one lists the attributes of the AntiChrist and puts them next to the attributes of the Mahdi of Islam the two are nearly identical.

Not all the rebel groups are working with al Qaeda. The rebel movement is hardly a united front and there are several non-terrorist groups that could have been involved in the meeting.

• Like 1

Not all the rebel groups are working with al Qaeda. The rebel movement is hardly a united front and there are several non-terrorist groups that could have been involved in the meeting.

It reeks bud.

• Like 1

I don't think it's exaggerating to say that to a degree, Libya has transformed into Al Qaeda. Benghazi was probably AQ's Global HQ before the Euro & DC Dumbkins decided that Gaddafi had to go. Thugs murdered bad old Gaddafi in the streets after he was already gushing blood from multiple wounds to the head. Putting him in jail to stand trial apparently wasn't an option for them.

What's our response? "These are people we can work with!" What's next? Are we going to subsidize the terrorists in Libya too?

Oh wait. Oil is there. Exxon Mobil is here. Derp.

• Like 1

Sorry kids, Syria is another Muslim-on-Muslim meat grinder ala Iran-Iraq (i.e. Give the rebels a little bit of help, but not enough to win). Classical BS western policy.

There's not that much oil in Syria :( soooo.... it's a good battlefield to play games on :).

Sorry kids, Syria is another Muslim-on-Muslim meat grinder ala Iran-Iraq (i.e. Give the rebels a little bit of help, but not enough to win). Classical BS western policy.

There's not that much oil in Syria :( soooo.... it's a good battlefield to play games on :).

Speaking of classic American foreign policy... in the 19th century... 1857...

a speech [sermon] was given to congressmen at the USA Capitol building in DC.

The name of that speech was "Defense of Armageddon"... and that is exactly

what it was. The speech said the USA has a divine destiny to turn the entire planet

democratic... the speech advocated the USA use war and revolution to destroy

the monarchies of Europe, especially the Russian monarchy.

60 years later, many European monarchies were destroyed by war [WW1] and revolution

[Feb/Oct democratic/bolshevik revolutions that destroyed the Russian monarchy.]

The speech further said that once the nations of the world were made democratic

via war and revolution, the USA would act as their big brother... THIS is exactly

the nation-destroying/nation-building foreign policy the USA follows to this day.

btw... the speech [sermon] is on the net if you want to read it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=-o0UAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0

Edited by AlasBabylon
  • Like 1

Speaking of classic American foreign policy... in the 19th century... 1857...

a speech [sermon] was given to congressmen at the USA Capitol building in DC.

The name of that speech was "Defense of Armageddon"... and that is exactly

what it was. The speech said the USA has a divine destiny to turn the entire planet

democratic... the speech advocated the USA use war and revolution to destroy

the monarchies of Europe, especially the Russian monarchy.

60 years later, many European monarchies were destroyed by war [WW1] and revolution

[Feb/Oct democratic/bolshevik revolutions that destroyed the Russian monarchy.]

The speech further said that once the nations of the world were made democratic

via war and revolution, the USA would act as their big brother... THIS is exactly

the nation-destroying/nation-building foreign policy the USA follows to this day.

btw... the speech [sermon] is on the net if you want to read it.

http://books.google....summary_r&cad=0

A prescient piece of work.

A prescient piece of work.

yep...it's a piece of work alright. Judging motives of historical writings by modern mores is a classic mistake of a wannabe historian.

yep...it's a piece of work alright. Judging motives of historical writings by modern mores is a classic mistake of a wannabe historian.

The satanic motive is the same... forcing an American imperium on the planet.