Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IRS Admits to targeting

F3SS

So Obama throws someone under the bus and people go "ohh, it's a shame he didn't know. Must be very busy being President".

Don’t you know that campaigning as opposed to governing takes a lot out of you…

• Like 1

His majesty is right on the job. They always get the boob put of town and put him in front of a fawning crowd when trouble hits. The boob cried today because teh press got a little tough.

http://www.weeklysta...day_722435.html

I seen that. It's about to get even tougher.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/13/ap-phone-records-government-intrusion-unprecedented_n_3268569.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D312508

DOJ Secretly Obtains Months Of AP Phone Records; AP Condemns 'Unprecedented Intrusion'

Maybe I'm wrong but a man in that position crying, ok shed a tear but still, in the face of tough questions suggests to me all these messes aren't so much his doing as much as they him following orders from someone else or taking lots of bad advice and acting on it. Because when you are truly nefarious and bent on an agenda you don't break character like that. It's a sociopathic thing and you stick with it until the end. Maybe I'm just too nice and seeing the tear actually makes me feel a little bad but there is certainly a lot on O's plate right now and it looks like he is either going to crack under pressure or strike with an iron fist. I don't know. This fundamental change just isn't as easy as he thought it'd be.

• Like 2

I seen that. It's about to get even tougher.

http://www.huffingto...nk2&pLid=312508

DOJ Secretly Obtains Months Of AP Phone Records; AP Condemns 'Unprecedented Intrusion'

Maybe I'm wrong but a man in that position crying, ok shed a tear but still, in the face of tough questions suggests to me all these messes aren't so much his doing as much as they him following orders from someone else or taking lots of bad advice and acting on it. Because when you are truly nefarious and bent on an agenda you don't break character like that. It's a sociopathic thing and you stick with it until the end. Maybe I'm just too nice and seeing the tear actually makes me feel a little bad but there is certainly a lot on O's plate right now and it looks like he is either going to crack under pressure or strike with an iron fist. I don't know. This fundamental change just isn't as easy as he thought it'd be.

Well said and the fact that the usual suspects are avoiding the topic speaks volumes. They are soooooooo smart yet couldn't see what most of us saw coming in 2008.

• Like 1

This is exactly why I did not join the tea party I completely agree with their views but when the local chapter started telling me about how they were going to register for tax exempt status it sent up red flags.

"we don't agree or trust the government but we will register with said government and show we still operate under their authority?" who the hell came up with that idea? it was bad enough when I saw high level republicans (i.e. sell-outs) infiltrating the ranks of the tea party but when this came up it stopped my interest in the whole movement.

What really got my attention in this story was that one of the groups they targeted was ones that sought to educate on the constitution and bill of rights. the mainstream kind of played that down and just focused on the tea party angle. why was that? shouldn't that be more important then a "fringe" group? I mean the whole exsistance of the media hinges on the bill of rights shouldn't that mean something to them? And if that doesn't infuriate the American public then they are getting exactly what they deserve. If the president ripped up the constitution and p***ed on it on the front lawn of the white house the American public wouldn't bat an eye because the majority of them don't know or care what is in it. because as far as they are concerned it was written by a bunch of ignorant white racist slave owning religious Christian zealot deist freemasons.

• Like 2

REPORT: IRS targeted news anchor after Obama interview...

Larry Connors, a veteran local news anchor at KMOV Channel 4 in St. Louis, says that the Internal Revenue Service has been targeting him since an April 2012 interview he conducted with President Obama -- a fact that he dismissed as coincidence until the recent reports about the IRS targeting conservative groups.

"Shortly after I did my April 2012 interview with President Obama, my wife, friends and some viewers suggested that I might need to watch out for the IRS. I don't accept 'conspiracy theories', but I do know that almost immediately after the interview, the IRS started hammering me," Connors wrote on his Facebook page late Monday night.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/05/kmov-anchor-the-irs-is-targeting-me-163945.html

• Like 1

Progressive Group: IRS Gave Us Conservative Groups' Confidential Docs

The progressive-leaning investigative journalism group ProPublica says the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office that targeted and harassed conservative tax-exempt groups during the 2012 election cycle gave the progressive group nine confidential applications of conservative groups whose tax-exempt status was pending.

The commendable admission lends further evidence to the lengths the IRS went during an election cycle to silence tea party and limited government voices.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/14/Progressive-Group-Says-IRS-Gave-Them-Confidential-Docs-On-Conservative-Groups

Revealed: Read the Letter the IRS Sent to One Local Tea Party and the Detailed Demands It Made

Laurence Nordvig had thought for some time that his Tea Party group was being targeted by the IRS.

“It got creepy, to be honest with you,” Nordvig told CBS on Monday. He is the head of the Richmond Tea Party and explained that after two years and an estimated 500 pages of documents, he became suspicious. Especially after recent requests demanded he hand over the names of donors and even communications.

And now some of those demands are being revealed as communications with the IRS and the group are coming to light. The Daily Mail published 11 pages of questions from the IRS to the group, which comes over a year after TheBlaze revealed similar demands.

The Daily Mail describes the contents:

And in addition to the names of board members, officers and employees, the nation’s taxing authorities insisted on knowing the names of everyone who helped the Richmond Tea Party without compensation.

‘Please identify your volunteers,’ the January 9, 2012 letter from the IRS read.

The agency also required the Virginia conservative group to provide copies of sections of its website that only its members can access.

Here’s a taste:

ScreenSnapz002-620x137.jpg

ScreenSnapz001-620x225.jpg

You can see it for yourself in full below:

Richmond Tea Party IRS Letter

Taken from http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/14/revealed-see-the-letter-the-irs-sent-to-one-local-tea-party-and-the-detailed-demands-it-made/

To see the letter for yourself: http://www.scribd.com/doc/141380184/Richmond-Tea-Party-IRS-Letter

• Like 1

REPORT: IRS targeted news anchor after Obama interview...

Larry Connors, a veteran local news anchor at KMOV Channel 4 in St. Louis, says that the Internal Revenue Service has been targeting him since an April 2012 interview he conducted with President Obama -- a fact that he dismissed as coincidence until the recent reports about the IRS targeting conservative groups.

"Shortly after I did my April 2012 interview with President Obama, my wife, friends and some viewers suggested that I might need to watch out for the IRS. I don't accept 'conspiracy theories', but I do know that almost immediately after the interview, the IRS started hammering me," Connors wrote on his Facebook page late Monday night.

http://www.politico....-me-163945.html

Propublica is playing like they are the good folks here that can't believe the IRS gave them this data. It didn't stop them from using what they knew was illegal though. Hopefully Propublica gets a bunch of lawsuits filed against them becaus ethey did this to private indiviuals as well.

• Like 2

If the president ripped up the constitution and p***ed on it on the front lawn of the white house the American public wouldn't bat an eye because the majority of them don't know or care what is in it. because as far as they are concerned it was written by a bunch of ignorant white racist slave owning religious Christian zealot deist freemasons.

:clap: :clap:

Unfortunately there are people out there who have no idea why or what the Constitution means or stands for. They call it "antiquated" or "outdated" when nothing could be further from the truth. This type of thinking, (if you want to call it that) scares me.

• Like 3

Mmm,I heard a little blurb about bengahzi being compared to Watergate .

Somehow,this incident(s) ,also sounds akin to Watergate .

Look see,the Feds and Atty General ,are getting involved .

*shakes head*

Pauvre pauvre obomba . He knows nothing ....

I thought he was so well informed too .

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/us/politics/facing-trio-of-crises-white-house-dodges-questions.html?emc=na&_r=0

• Like 2

McConnell tells Obama 'no more stonewalling' in IRS scandal

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell called on President Barack Obama on Tuesday to make available for questioning everyone who knew about the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative groups, and demanded "no more stonewalling."

With Congress preparing to hold hearings on the IRS's holding conservative groups to extra scrutiny, McConnell said he was "calling on the president to make available, completely and without restriction, everyone who can answer the questions we have as to what was going on at the IRS, who knew about it, and how high it went."

"No more stonewalling, no more incomplete answers, no more misleading responses, no holding back witnesses, no matter how senior their current or former positions — we need full transparency and cooperation," McConnell, of Kentucky, said on the Senate floor.

The scandal was ignited on Friday when an IRS official revealed at a meeting of tax lawyers that the agency had inappropriately singled out Tea Party movement and other conservative groups for extra examination of their claims for tax-exempt status.

Obama on Monday said the IRS's targeting of the Tea Party and other conservative groups for additional tax scrutiny was outrageous and that any IRS employee involved would be held accountable.

But Obama's words failed to ease the ire of Republicans in Congress and conservative groups, who question how far the IRS went and who set the policy.

Republicans as well as Obama's fellow Democrats promise congressional hearings that are expected to sap energy from Obama's legislative agenda, including his push to overhaul the nation's immigration system.

Citing media reports, McConnell said, "targeting wasn't limited to an IRS office out in Cincinnati — as the administration suggested last week — but that it reached all the way to IRS headquarters in Washington."

"What we don't know at this point is whether it jumped the fence from the IRS to the White House," the Senate Republican leader said.

Taken from: http://news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-tells-obama-no-more-stonewalling-irs-scandal-144850078.html

Uh oh. Someone has some explaining to do...

• Like 1

Obama dodges big question on IRS scandal

Obama was specifically asked, according to a White House transcript, “Can you assure the American people that nobody in the White House knew about the agency’s actions before your counsel’s office found out on April 22nd?”

He responded: “…Let me make sure that I answer your specific question. I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the IG report before the IG report had been leaked through the press. Typically, the IG reports are not supposed to be widely distributed or shared. They tend to be a process that everybody is trying to protect the integrity of. But what I’m absolutely certain of is that the actions that were described in that IG report are unacceptable.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/16/obama-i-certainly-did-not-know-anything-about-irs-scandal/

The question didn't ask if he knew. Dumbass should've omitted the bold and lied as usual. He really isn't helping himself but carry on.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1