Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate

F3SS

Good morning,

First, I an american citizen nor am i living in the USA, and I am not troll poster, just an outsider observing what should not be such a deep dividing issue and surprised for lack of sensible gun regulation.

Now, I will not discuss wheater gun ownership should legal or illigal, that is only up to you folks, but I really want to ask american members of UM foruns is why isn´t there laws that limit who can own guns, in particular people with specific mental disorders, or people with violent criminal record. And also why so much resistance to guns ownership regulation? For what I´ve seen, the issue is not on gun ban, but on gun laws regulation.

And to end, I see a lot of people saying Obam this Obama that, and yet George W. Bush was a far more radical and worse President. Take the Patriot Act, isn´t that far more serious and more worrying issue that gun regulation?

We do have laws thats says if you commite a felony you cant buy a gun. Ownership regulation is resisted cause we have watched as every other country who implemented them, quickly took all the guns.

0bama and Bush are the same guy. Both are puppets for the IMF. There isnt one worse then the other. They are the same working for the same people.

• Like 4

We do have laws thats says if you commite a felony you cant buy a gun. Ownership regulation is resisted cause we have watched as every other country who implemented them, quickly took all the guns.

0bama and Bush are the same guy. Both are puppets for the IMF. There isnt one worse then the other. They are the same working for the same people.

Yep. According to the gun laws we have now here in the US, if you have a felony on your record, you can't own a gun. If you have been committed in the past to a mental institution you can not own a firearm. For example, in some states a person convicted of domestic violence cannot possess a gun for a certain number of years. I honestly don't see how enacting MORE laws is going to do any good. The problem isn't law abiding gun owners, it's the gangs and criminals who ILLEGALLY obtain their weapons.

• Like 4

Fixed it, my apologies Mr. Merton.

The main area of concern for me is where mental health issues and firearms intersect. With a proper provision of information we could make mental health a national initiative to include awareness especially over the risks of having someone experiencing mental health issues that is living in a home with firearms.

Just as people were made aware that smoking is bad and rates declined, that driving without a seatbelt is risky, or driving while drunk is dangerous, the same can be done with mental health issues in general but especially when firearms are part of the picture.

Just as we added in taxes to cigarettes to help pay for smoking awareness campaigns we could do the same with firearms.

In either case the message needs to get out, how to spot mental health issues, how to get help even if on your own, and when to know if more is needed.

The end result, be it through taxing firearms and accessories, or dipping into some other fund, would be less suffering but also hopefully others surrenduring or selling their own firearms. All voluntarily. No need to confiscate. Having family members recognize the signs could help many if one is not willing to help themselves but without taking it further than a private intervention, no need for authorities to get involved, or mental healh practitioners unless someone seeks help for themselves. who

tacked

Understandably this is a more narrow focus than simply making all guns illegal but this is a start.

All of the new laws and proposed laws would not have stopped sandy hook. That is all but one, putting guards. The guy who attacked the school was looking for a soft target. If there had been a guard , he would not have attacked the school.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 2

On the gun theme, happened to catch Bill Maher's Friday night show last night, and Bill brought up the topic of the 3D plastic gun that has been in the headlines.

He and the black woman were all aghast, completely fearful of this turn of events. Major fear and anxiety by Bill and the Lady, as though hordes of people with plastic guns are going to overthrow congress or hijack airliners.

Not one word was said by anybody that the plastic guns can fire ONLY 1 round.

Not exactly a demonstration of informed public dialogue. :td: Fine demonstration of irrational fear-mongering.

• Like 4

Good morning,

First, I am not an american citizen nor am i living in the USA, and I am not troll poster, just an outsider observing what should not be such a deep dividing issue and surprised for lack of sensible gun regulation.

Now, I will not discuss wheater gun ownership should legal or illigal, that is only up to you folks, but I really want to ask american members of UM foruns is why isn´t there laws that limit who can own guns, in particular people with specific mental disorders, or people with violent criminal record. And also why so much resistance to guns ownership regulation? For what I´ve seen, the issue is not on gun ban, but on gun laws regulation.

And to end, I see a lot of people saying Obam this Obama that, and yet George W. Bush was a far more radical and worse President. Take the Patriot Act, isn´t that far more serious and more worrying issue that gun regulation?

Such laws do excest for convicts. As for the mentally sick people, the laws aee there also but the doctor can not tell law enforcement unless the person is a threat to themselves or others.

• Like 1

I support it.

how??? by just saying you support it??

i support pro gun movement,, i write check to nra ila, every month, how much did you sent to bloomeberg anti gun fund????

my guess you sent 0, so you don't really support anything, just just talk trash.

btw your vote really means 0, unless you put your money where your mouth is.

On the gun theme, happened to catch Bill Maher's Friday night show last night, and Bill brought up the topic of the 3D plastic gun that has been in the headlines.

He and the black woman were all aghast, completely fearful of this turn of events. Major fear and anxiety by Bill and the Lady, as though hordes of people with plastic guns are going to overthrow congress or hijack airliners.

Not exactly a demonstration of informed public dialogue. :td: Fine demonstration of irrational fear-mongering.

The dems. want to pass a law out lawing these undetectable guns. I wonder how they plan to enforce such aw. Me I would pass a law that the medium being used must include enough metel so that a detector can detect it.

Am i the only one who notices that the people who scream the loudest about controls are the ones who end up losing when the votes actually occur?

It would seem to me that folks who scream the loudest are always forgetting that the majority of the voters dont bother with petty on-line polls and blogs etc...

"90% of those polled said they wanted gun control"

No one i know was ever polled.....

I also find it odd that those who speak out for gun control, bashing those of us who are against it (LBA...) are the first ones to praise the idiots in the "occupy" movement that accomplished absolutely nothing.

Wasnt the Occupy movement supposed to accomplish some sort of a "revolution"

Historically all the way back to the 60's its aleways been the Liberal Democrats that have been the counter culture oddballs fighting the govt at every step on every issue.

until they took over.....

I find it very disigenuous when a Liberal Progressive badmouths anyone who is against their way of thinking.

Dont believe in Gay marriage? Your a bigot

Dont agree with our Presidents policies? Your a racist

Believe in the Constitution and just want to be left alone to pursue life liberty and happiness? - Youre a neandrathal, a gun loving hillbilly.

Sounds like the progressives have really "progressed".

• Like 6

The dems. want to pass a law out lawing these undetectable guns. I wonder how they plan to enforce such aw. Me I would pass a law that the medium being used must include enough metel so that a detector can detect it.

neither their nor your laws would be relevant.

body scaners will see your gun, even if it is made out wood, it will show something is fishy, and needs to be looked at more carefully. at pat down, or strip search.

just like bags checking machines at the airport see what is inside bags without relying on mettal detection.

not to mention, regular metal guns are brought thru airport security now, and they are DETECTABLE.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Its what Bill Maher does best.

After all, doesnt everyone have access to a 3D printer?

Yet no one is concerned that every nutjob on the planet with a data port and an internet connection can get the same plans used by the Boston bombers.

• Like 2

So I found the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fP2bJeyQX0

Why doesn't he have Cody Wilson, the guy who made the gun, on the show to defend his point of view? The guy could run circle around Maher, that's for sure.

• Like 2

This sounds like a conspiracy theory too. Anytime someone mentions "Constitution" and "communist" in the same sentence is a clear clue. Why should we take conspiracy theory seriously?

Here is a HB 3200. Can you show us the part you are talking about that would allow warrantless entries?

How many warrants do you believe were issued in WaterTown when the Police and DHS were going house to house evicting the people inside while they ran through the homes searching them?

Was that legal?

Was it right?

or was it a test to see how many people would actually fight back over an illegal search?

• Like 4

Let me get this right. You basicaly want to throw away the constitution and turn us all into globalists, then say the ones who dont are extremists looking for a rebellion? Hey idiot, YOU are the extremist, YOU are the one rebelling. LOL, then go on to tell us about the rule of law???????? My goodness

This is the one i wish i could have liked 100000000 times!

The majority of us are happy with the framework our forefathers gave us and are getting quite peaved with this whole globalist agenda nonsense.

As if America needs to "catch up" with anyone.

• Like 4

Am i the only one who notices that the people who scream the loudest about controls are the ones who end up losing when the votes actually occur?

It would seem to me that folks who scream the loudest are always forgetting that the majority of the voters dont bother with petty on-line polls and blogs etc...

I also find it odd that those who speak out for gun control, bashing those of us who are against it (LBA...) are the first ones to praise the idiots in the "occupy" movement that accomplished absolutely nothing.

Historically all the way back to the 60's its aleways been the Liberal Democrats that have been the counter culture oddballs fighting the govt at every step on every issue.

I find it very disigenuous when a Liberal Progressive badmouths anyone who is against their way of thinking.

Believe in the Constitution and just want to be left alone to pursue life liberty and happiness? - Youre a neandrathal, a gun loving hillbilly.

:clap: :clap:

carterracistcartoon.jpg

• Like 2

This is the one i wish i could have liked 100000000 times!

The majority of us are happy with the framework our forefathers gave us and are getting quite peaved with this whole globalist agenda nonsense.

As if America needs to "catch up" with anyone.

No we don't, and quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing about it. We are America, not the UK. I wish people would quit trying to turn the US into the UK or into any other country out there for that matter. Most of us are pretty happy with our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

• Like 4

I wish people would quit trying to turn the US into the UK or into any other country out there for that matter.

Why not? I'd love to live in a place where my girls can be criminally charged for using chalk for hopscotch, be libel if a burglar gets bit by my dog on my property or not be able to play with my kids at the playground or even take pictures of them because I could be a child molester. That's freedom!

• Like 4

LEO are not immune to criminality. I find it kind of funny that they are up-in-arms (?) because they were not excluded. Is that true?

Yup...the new law makes illegal any magazine with more than seven rounds. Nearly every law enforcement agency in the state carries guns that have 15 rounds. I'm sure the correction has been made, but it proves anti gunners' knee jerk reactions, in their haste, aren't thinking things through.

• Like 4

Why not? I'd love to live in a place where my girls can be criminally charged for using chalk for hopscotch, be libel if a burglar gets bit by my dog on my property or not be able to play with my kids at the playground or even take pictures of them because I could be a child molester. That's freedom!

You forgot to include defending youself from attack.

• Like 3

You forgot to include defending youself from attack.

There's way too many to list.

• Like 3

It's as hard for me to watch and listen to Glen Beck as it is for me to watch and listen to Barack Obama, so I could only take 2 minutes worth.

So a question to the knowledgeable here: Is it true that these guns can fire only one round and then they become useless? Does anybody know? Plus, I wonder how accurate it is?

• Like 1

Occupy and Anon, meh, never praised them, never will.

Here is a HB 3200. Can you show us the part you are talking about that would allow warrantless entries?

SECTION 6. This 2013 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public

peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist, and this 2013 Act takes effect

on its passage.

“Give me the power to make you safe and when the emergency has passed, I promise to return your rights back to you.” How many times is this heard from tyrants?

The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject

to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor’s brief statement of the essential features of the

measure as introduced.

Of course not, but at some time in the near future, someone could say “Hey, we have this legislation already written, let’s slip it through.”

This bill reads very similar to the 1928 Nuremburg gun laws or gives one that feeling of…

But the bottom line is that this is just legislation. If it becomes law, then regulations must be written. At that point the vagueness of the legislation can be interpreted to include warrantless entries. 4.5.(B) (for example) could give access to the home at anytime law enforcement wants without the permission of the home owner.

The “preservation of the public peace, health and safety” is better served by removing a tyrannical government. Such a government is more a threat to public peace.

• Like 3

The fbi already has the power of warrentless searches. This was given to them in the patriot act.

Out, just now on fox. The justice department is searching the A.P's emails. No reason given nor did they in form the A.P. of the searches. Bye, bye freedom of the press.

• Like 2

The fbi already has the power of warrentless searches. This was given to them in the patriot act.

Out, just now on fox. The justice department is searching the A.P's emails. No reason given nor did they in form the A.P. of the searches. Bye, bye freedom of the press.

Just heard about this. Check out: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/benghazi-irs-tea-party-probe-govt-seized-ap-221531096.html

How many warrants do you believe were issued in WaterTown when the Police and DHS were going house to house evicting the people inside while they ran through the homes searching them?

This is CT. They didn't do that. They asked if they could search.

• Like 1