Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate

F3SS

And what makes you so sure they ALL would uprise?

Hope it never comes to that point but better to be prepared than caught unaware.

Edited by Capt Amerika
  • Like 2

If by "traditional" you mean ante-bellum times. Not so much for last 150 years.

Nope as earlier as after ww1. The repeating rifle was introduced in the civil war. The rebels said federal troops could load them on Monday and shoot till Sunday. It had a 12 round capacity. The other weapon introduced was the gatling. The repeater was in common use by civilians after the war. Thegatlin was not.

• Like 1

Nope as earlier as after ww1. The repeating rifle was introduced in the civil war.

we've moved on in the last century since then

we've moved on in the last century since then

We have moved on, no one can deny that but the only true advantage the military has over civilians in terms of weapons are vehicles and most of the vehicles the military has are of extremely limited to no use in urban settings and of the few vehicles that are effective in urban settings civilians can make their rough equivalent by welding metal plates to civilian vehicles. In terms of guns they only have a slight advantage due to the military having lmgs and hmgs, civilians even have the military equivalent of anti-material rifles even though they are really rare with civilians.

We have moved on, no one can deny that but the only true advantage the military has over civilians in terms of weapons are vehicles and most of the vehicles the military has are of extremely limited to no use in urban settings and of the few vehicles that are effective in urban settings civilians can make their rough equivalent by welding metal plates to civilian vehicles. In terms of guns they only have a slight advantage due to the military having lmgs and hmgs, civilians even have the military equivalent of anti-material rifles even though they are really rare with civilians.

And the Military are citizens as well.

I can promise you this, the Military may provide crowd or riot control but they would never fire upon the masses.

They would disband before they would kill other American citizens.

Don't think it isn't discussed almost daily in the military amongst the troops about the difference between fighting for your country and fighting against your country because of an elected official.

The troops fully comprehend the US Constitution and the limits of Govt power.

This is why i support our troops and would never fear them in an uprising.

It is not "us against them" they are us.

• Like 1

I can promise you this, the Military may provide crowd or riot control but they would never fire upon the masses.

Don't think it isn't discussed almost daily in the military amongst the troops about the difference between fighting for your country and fighting against your country because of an elected official.

Remember Kent State. Look up the old Brown Shoe Army event back in the 1920's.

Troops have fired upon US citizens.

I hope you're right.

Troops have already fired on citizens in the sixties. Most troops follow orders no questions.

• Like 1

Most troops follow orders no questions.

So, they're all liberals?

• Like 3

So, they're all liberals?

Actually, most of the troops vote republican. Which is why the democrats didn't want to give them time to vote.

• Like 2

Remember Kent State. Look up the old Brown Shoe Army event back in the 1920's.

Troops have fired upon US citizens.

I hope you're right.

Today's military is much different from the one back in the 20's that actually trusted the Govt.

not a lot of trust there today.

• Like 2

I dont fear the US Military.

I know and trust them.

Its the leaders of this nation i have trust issues with.

Benghazi, IRS, Obamacare, Fast and Furious, Arming rebels in Syria, just to name a few....

• Like 2

Actually, most of the troops vote republican. Which is why the democrats didn't want to give them time to vote.

ACtually I've posted that this is completely incorrect - previously.

I’ve noticed that you haven’t taken up my challenge or even commented on it. Nothing but crickets.

What did you do post some kind of poll. Asll I know is that the troops over seas was sent the wrong forms to start with. Also, the democrats tried to cut the time that the troops had to send in their ballots.

Today's military is much different from the one back in the 20's that actually trusted the Govt.

not a lot of trust there today.

I hope you're right, and actually I do have some measure of faith that the good in society will prevail over the evil in society, and in each man's soul. Some measure of faith that the good guys will prevail over the bad guys.

But there are other factors involved, such as what Philip Zimbardo called the Lucifer Effect.

My nephew is still in, and he says quite a few guys listen to Alex Jones. I was amazed when he told me that a few years ago!

• Like 1

And like "previously" you are waaaaay wrong.

Its not even remotely close between those who vote GOP over Democrats in the military.

This from.ack,ack..MSNBC IN 2009......

"A poll conducted late last year by the Military Times found that 57 percent of those surveyed consider themselves Republican, while 13 percent identified with the Democrats. Among the officer corps the numbers were different. Nearly 66 percent of officers considered themselves Republican compared with 9 percent Democratic. Nearly 30 percent of those surveyed by the Military Times declined to answer the questions or said they were independent."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5964655/#.UayrP3cQOrA

Hopefully this will finally nail that coffin shut.

• Like 2