Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who wants to live to 1000?

Mr Right Wing

Hi All

The average lifespan of a human being is seen as being about 80 and the maximum lifespan is seen to be about 124. Yet over the last century huge advancements in our knowledge of aging have occured. Scientists have been saying in the media that immortality in people is 30-40 years away from being achieved. In fact they already know how it works but the experiments with people arent due to be finished for another 30-40 years.

So what do they know?

Telomeres - These are lengthened by testosterone but high levels of the hormone are required. Unfortunately even if you get the high levels your body has a sex hormone thermostat build into it to return them to normal. Testosterone lengthens telomeres in here - http://www.totalhorm...ignificance.pdf

Aspartic Acid - This wonderful amino-acid is found in high amounts in strawberries and milk. Its also sold as a gym supplement and its a well known aritifical sweetener (aspartime). This stuff makes the human body pump out huge amounts of testosterone. D-aspartic acid increases testosterone in here - http://www.ergo-log....stosterone.html

Aromatase - This is the sex hormone thermostat. Inhibitors to prevent it are nicotine and nicotine like chemicals. For those who dont want to buy nicotine gum or patches then the blue pigment in blueberries works. Aromtase destroys testosterone in here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatase

Its that simple for men. For women estrogen is produced by aromatase breaking down testosterone so they cant take an aromatase inhibitor. They need to stop the break down of estrogen instead but unfortunately those chemicals can only be attained with a prescription.

Edited by Giant Killer B
  • Like 4

I would love to live to 1000, however, I think that's a very, very low possibly nowadays.

Just imagine all that you could learn, with that amount of time, at hand :D

• Like 2

I would love to live to 1000, however, I think that's a very, very low possibly nowadays.

Yea providing you can still remember anything.
  • Like 5

No thanks. The government would have us working until we are 995yrs old. Plus, just think how much Christmas would cost with all those offspring!

• Like 9

Shouldn't **** with nature. If we are supposed to die we will die. Why are people so afraid of facing that?

• Like 5

yeah i could deal with living to 1000 :yes:

• Like 2

Shouldn't **** with nature. If we are supposed to die we will die. Why are people so afraid of facing that?

If someone wants to live longer that does not mean they are afraid of being dead.

I think most people wouldent want to live to 1000

because they are afraid of living

• Like 5

I'm bored with life as it is.

I can't even imagine trying to blow out 1000 candles.

• Like 2

Good one! One heck of a large birthday cake with all those candles.

• Like 3

I gather you've never had a vaccination in your life.
  • Like 3

If we can reincarnate, to me that'd be all the more reason to not prolong my life much. Maybe 100 years prolonging at most, dont know... but being stuck in this same personality can get old.

I gather you've never had a vaccination in your life.

I never remember being asked whether I wanted that vaccine or not.

• Like 1

I'm bored with life as it is.

I know right ? Feel like I've been building pyramids for pharaohs for eons. Sooooooo bored .

• Like 2

They did it too mice.

They gentically engineered them so instead of sex hormones lengthening their telomeres it was the chemotherapty drug tamoxifen. They had to design the experiment like that to isolate and show that the gene pathways they expected to lengthen telomeres actually did. The experiment de-aged the mice back to youth. Its been done on other mammals too and we have the same identical gene pathways as them (we're mammals).

In my OP the first link I gave was about the awarding of the Nobel prize for discovering testosterone lengthens telomeres.

• Like 1

I never remember being asked whether I wanted that vaccine or not.

Which one?

Pass. I wouldn't want to live a 1000 years. And I wouldn't want to live for 900+ years on a chemical program to make it happen. And I would have to imagine population problems would become rather terrible if a lot of people were living that long.

Pass. I wouldn't want to live a 1000 years. And I wouldn't want to live for 900+ years on a chemical program to make it happen. And I would have to imagine population problems would become rather terrible if a lot of people were living that long.

A planet full of 100s billions of 18 year olds lol

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see what humanity achieves in 1000 years.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see what humanity achieves in 1000 years.

if we keep breeding like we do and all live to be a 1000, the only thing we will be seeing is billions and billions of people. The Whole world will be one big Dhaka with no room to grow your own cherry tomatoes.

Edited by freetoroam

I recomend natron. That and removal of your innards. Worked for me the last 3,400 years. Go on, give it a try, what have you got to loose?.......

• Like 2

I recomend natron. That and removal of your innards. Worked for me the last 3,400 years. Go on, give it a try, what have you got to loose?.......

That is so yesterday, we have formaldehyde in our shed.

2f844732.gif

• Like 1

I'd probably be good for 300 years, but 500 or 1000 would probably be too much to process.

in 3013 you'd have the oldest people saying.... "Back when I was a kid, we only had 4 channels on TV, and Black and White TV at that... And rotary dial phones that had long cables on them so you could carry them around the house. And computers that had no storage and only worked off the 5.25 floppy discs that took 10 minutes to load." And the kids would be like... NO WAY....

Wait.... that is todays kids!!! LOL!

• Like 3

Depression, Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart murmur, migraines, watching my friends and family pass, having to get a new best friend ( see my avatar) every ten to fifteen years, government taxes, unemployment, > I would have to live with all that for a thousand years no thanks. some days it is already almost unbearable.

• Like 1

Depression, Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart murmur, migraines, watching my friends and family pass, having to get a new best friend ( see my avatar) every ten to fifteen years, government taxes, unemployment, > I would have to live with all that for a thousand years no thanks. some days it is already almost unbearable.

What if they could make the dog immortal too?

• Like 1

i think your friends and family would also be able to live to a 1000 too and maybe the dog.

Do not worry about taxes, you will not be paying them if you are unemployed.

If they can make people live to a 1000, high blood pressure and diabetes will be a thing of the past, they would have sorted that out too.

So its just depression, and I`m sure they will be able to give you something to sort that out.

So, all looking good then, I`m more concerned about what the fashion will be like when I`m in my 700 years, tight jeans and cropped tops don`t look the same on you when you are past a certain age.

• Like 3

LOL. Yeah, the caveat would be that no one gets the treatments till they are 70!!!! Only the old people get to live forever......