Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who wants to live to 1000?

Mr Right Wing

There would be so many disadvantages with living to 1,000 years. This Cracked article about Immortality does have major points that would affect a millennium-old human:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18708_5-reasons-immortality-would-be-worse-than-death.html

#3, and #2 would be guaranteed to happen.

• Like 1

There would be so many disadvantages with living to 1,000 years. This Cracked article about Immortality does have major points that would affect a millennium-old human:

http://www.cracked.c...than-death.html

Depends if they are still completely human, I think in order to live for 100s or 1000s of years humans will need to start replacing parts with synthetic alternatives including parts of the brain.
  • Like 1

What if they could make the dog immortal too?

he's already gone ( last November) and with all the medical problems I have or could get in 1000 years it still would not be worth it. In a perfect world..... well i'm not going to go anywhere where THAT is possible.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

http://www.cracked.c...than-death.html

No3 could be sorted out with a bit of hypnosis, but the scientists may even have come up with something else to erase some of your memories.

As for No2, they can not possibly know that cos they are basing this on our current life time.

"Contrary to what many people believe, humans are still evolving."

Huh? For those who do not know this, the option should not be available to them.

• Like 1

One heck of a large birthday cake with all those candles.

best.

win/win.

EVER.

• Like 1

I think in order to live for 100s or 1000s of years humans will need to start replacing parts with synthetic alternatives

a la 'bicentennial man'.

• 2 months later...

No. I am cursed with genes that almost guarantee that I will live to be 100, if not older. Everyone I know is dying around me, yet I remain. Unless you can be fully active in every way, there is no point to living that long. It would be a terribly lonely existence.

I would love to live to a thousand. :tsu:

As long as I am youthful anyways. I wouldn't want to be like a super old senior for 800 years.

Personally, I think 90 is the top age I'd like to reach....and then only if I can be healthy and do as I please. No one wants to end up unable to care for oneself and simply lingering on in poor health.

• Like 3

If you live to be a 100 you've got it made because not many people die after that.

• Like 3

Ask a Redwood tree, what its like they live over a 1000.

Does anyone know what is the oldest LIVING creature ? apart from the above.

Lions live 25 yrs or so, but they only drink water..yuk

I am already sick of dealing with people as it is. Imagine how many more there would be..

That's horrifying to me.

• Like 2

No, thank you. I have enough trouble getting through the next 24 hours. I can't imagine what it would be like trying to get through the next 950-odd years...

• Like 1

i've been reading the comments n the last 3 pages, and i do have to say when they mean 1000 years i do not think they mean you age at normal rate like your body gets old and rusty after 70th birthday, but i think they mean like now we say we live to 100 years, 10 Years = 100 years which they would probably make the aging process slower at the age of normal 24-40 Year old, so around 900 years you basiclly look the same.

anyways i got a Syndrome that Re-Structured my brain, which means i have no Empathy for others, and i have no fellings at all, so 1000 years should be quite fun, i mean i dont really give a **** about family dieing around me, really i dont care, let them all die, as long i live for 1000 no Problems :)