Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women Of The Wall Attacked By Ultra-Orthodox

Clarakore

Thousands of ultra-Orthodox jeered, spit and threw rocks at the 400 'Women of the Wall' who prayed at the Western Wall today, according to the Jerusalem Post.

The women were protected by the police following a recent court order in favor of the Women of the Wall's right to pray at the sacred site.

The Women of the Wall praised the police and condemned the action by the ultra-Orthodox in a statement released to The Huffington Post:

Women Of The Wall Attacked By Ultra-Orthodox Haredim While Praying At Western Wall (PHOTOS)

In the past the Women of the Wall would be stopped by police. Israeli society is changing.

The government for the first time directed police to protect the Woean of the Wall. This type of progress is great for them.

The Ultra-Orthodox Jews, both men, and their women who stood off to the side, all attacked the Women of the Wall and those with them.

In other good news, women in Israel will not longer have to sit at the back of the bus.

Welcome to 1956 Israel!

Now maybe if they can just stop their new practice of making Palestinians ride separate buses they could step closer toward the 21st century with the rest of the world.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Women Of The Wall Attacked By Ultra-Orthodox Haredim While Praying At Western Wall (PHOTOS)

In the past the Women of the Wall would be stopped by police. Israeli society is changing.

The government for the first time directed police to protect the Woean of the Wall. This type of progress is great for them.

The Ultra-Orthodox Jews, both men, and their women who stood off to the side, all attacked the Women of the Wall and those with them.

In other good news, women in Israel will not longer have to sit at the back of the bus.

Welcome to 1956 Israel!

Now maybe if they can just stop their new practice of making Palestinians ride separate buses they could step closer toward the 21st century with the rest of the world.

If my choice is to be "fair" and risk being blown to jelly by a homicide bomber, or be less PC and force those folks who meet the criteria of being most likely to BE a homicide bomber to ride a separate bus...hmmmm....

The government for the first time directed police to protect the Women of the Wall. This type of progress is great for them.

I agree. In other news, "Women still not allowed to be Priests..."

What is it with the connection between most main stream religions and misogyny? I just don't get it.

• Like 1

Good point. There is going to be a long struggle for equality within countries, an even longer one within religions, but when the two are combined in full or weak-theocracies then it is going to take doubly long.

Some do not even allow women to speak to an audience if men are in it.

So backward and time for them to change.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Good point. There is going to be a long struggle for equality within countries, an even longer one within religions, but when the two are combined in full or weak-theocracies then it is going to take doubly long.

Some do not even allow women to speak to an audience if men are in it.

So backward and time for them to change.

I agree with a lot of what you said there. But I'd just like to add that religion will never be free until more than half the population (the women) are.

If I can, I'd like to posit that Religion vs. Women's Rights is currently the greatest human rights issue to be addressed.

You said, "So backward and time for them to change."

I'll say, it's all so backwards and it's time for us all to change.

- Cheers :)

• Like 1

I'll say, it's all so backwards and it's time for us all to change.

Even better!

I'm no biggot, but I'm to sure I would be comfortable on a bus with a palestinian in Israel.

Edited by Seeker79

Welcome to 1956 Israel!

Yes, now maybe they will stop their new practice of making Palestinians ride separate buses and then they could step back into having the Israeli buses terrorised by explosions and death of their civilians, women and children. Is that what you want to see? The reason for the separation of buses for Jews and Arabs was terrorism. I see no problem with the "Women on the Wall" as long as they remain on the women side but the separate buses for Jews and Arabs must continue for the sake of Jewish lives.

Mhmm, everything will be fine as long as "women remain on the women side".

/sarc

Mhmm, everything will be fine as long as "women remain on the women side".

/sarc

Yes, how did you want it to be, men and women ganged up on each other? Have you ever been there especially during a festival? So crowded that it is hard to move around. Besides, we are talking about religious Orthodox Jews for heaven's sake! Their separation from the opposite sex is not a matter of racism but of tradition based on purity of mind.

Vandals have tagged up a home where one of the Women of the Wall lives at.

JERUSALEM -- Israeli police say vandals have spray-panted slogans on the home of one of the leaders of a liberal Jewish women's group that has angered ultra-Orthodox communities over its demands for equality of worship.

Israeli TV footage showed black writing on the hallway and door of the Jerusalem home. Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said Monday police were investigating.

Women Of The Wall Leader Targeted By Vandals, Women's Prayer Group Angers Ultra-Orthodox

Vandals have tagged up a home where one of the Women of the Wall lives at.

Women Of The Wall Leader Targeted By Vandals, Women's Prayer Group Angers Ultra-OrthodoxI

Do you know something? Although I have nothing against the women's activity at the Wailing Wall I do not blame the hostile acts of the "vandals" at the home of one of the women's leader. It reminds me of the gay parade in Jerusalem in plain Mea Shearim the Orthodox neighbohood when an Ortothox Jews ran berserk among them with a knife and stabbed a few of them. Do I protest? Not at all. How would you act if gays chose your house to give vent to their lascivious behavior? Why on earth would they choose Mea Shearim to insult the religious Jews? Some kind of improper disturbances was connected with the women's activity at the Wall. Every time I go there I see women at the Wall and none of them are bothered by the religious men.

Homosexuality or heterosexuality is not all about sex. To think so is a limited and simplistic but unrealistic view. They are people just like us.

Homosexuality or heterosexuality is not all about sex. To think so is a limited and simplistic but unrealistic view. They are people just like us.

Yes, but with the same duty to respect the rights of other people. They knew that Mea Shearim was an Ultra Orthodox neighbohood in Jerusalem. Why go there to expose their indecencies? Something was in their agenda to perpetrate those insults.