Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everyone loves EVPs!

tendo

I always take them with a grain of salt because of just how easily faked they are, but I still absolutely love them. What are some classics/favorites? Feel free to post those which have been proven false, or those which still baffle experts!

I found this compilation. Some are pretty cool, most aren't great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il-Ivvu8UGY

I was trying to find some I found when I was younger, but to no avail. One was of a little girl saying 'la la la' in a very sing-songy way, another was of someone playing a flute, and the last was a woman, I'm assuming Irish, saying something along the lines of 'I need to find me stone!'

Here is a few I took at a night on the USS Hornet.

It's whispered EVPs that I find fascinating. Whispers are voiceless, but say their message nonetheless. Who is whispering, though?

Oh, sweet! You actually recorded these yourself? That makes them way more genuine than just some person on youtube. Can't wait to give them all a listen! Also, if I may...is there history behind this ship? I'm not too up on military history (at least not recent history) so, did something happen on this ship? Did people die, has it seen battle?

Edited by tendo

Oh, sweet! You actually recorded these yourself? That makes them way more genuine than just some person on youtube. Can't wait to give them all a listen! Also, if I may...is there history behind this ship? I'm not too up on military history (at least not recent history) so, did something happen on this ship? Did people die, has it seen battle?

Yeah, it was a U.S. aircraft carrier/battleship used in World War 2, as well as the Vietnam and Korean Wars. Around 300 people died on the ship, some from battle, some out of battle. It is a popular spot for ghost hunting shows (and hunters in general) to visit. I went there when there was a paranormal conference being held, and part of the event were split up group night time paranormal investigations. This is where I recorded these.

favorite probable evp :

why won't you leave me alone ?

• Like 1

Yeah, it was a U.S. aircraft carrier/battleship used in World War 2, as well as the Vietnam and Korean Wars. Around 300 people died on the ship, some from battle, some out of battle. It is a popular spot for ghost hunting shows (and hunters in general) to visit. I went there when there was a paranormal conference being held, and part of the event were split up group night time paranormal investigations. This is where I recorded these.

That's awesome. I'd love to be a part of something like that

favorite probable evp :

why won't you leave me alone ?

Ooooo that's a good one. Do you have a clip of it at all, or just remember hearing it? Do you remember the context of it?

~snip

Ooooo that's a good one. Do you have a clip of it at all, or just remember hearing it? Do you remember the context of it?

Not really ... it was from a email forward from friends ... if i remember correctly its from this site : link

you'll have to dig at it but it was some time ago ... quite some time ago

good luck :tu:

I downloaded the audio from the video in the OP and listened to it twice and made some notes.

I then played it back on YouTube comparing the in-video descriptions with my own notes. There was one of them we agreed upon the interpretation. The rest were generally ones I had to struggle to extract something intelligible or where my interpretations bore no resemblances to the description given by the video's creator. A few were similar but most weren't.

And the video creator calls them 'great EVPs'.

I downloaded the audio from the video in the OP and listened to it twice and made some notes.

I then played it back on YouTube comparing the in-video descriptions with my own notes. There was one of them we agreed upon the interpretation. The rest were generally ones I had to struggle to extract something intelligible or where my interpretations bore no resemblances to the description given by the video's creator. A few were similar but most weren't.

And the video creator calls them 'great EVPs'.

That's a really good approach. I agree, these were far from the best I've heard, but these were the ones I was listening to in the wee hours which inspired the thread. I also struggled hearing most of them even after what they said. I'm curious as to which ones you agreed upon without reading the text. Thanks for the input!

I like backward masking stuff better. :yes:

I like backward masking stuff better. :yes:

Yeah, backmasked stuff can be very frightening! Do you have an example of one you like, or you think is a good example of it? I will take backmasking, EVP, or both! :)

• Like 1

Yeah, backmasked stuff can be very frightening! Do you have an example of one you like, or you think is a good example of it? I will take backmasking, EVP, or both! :)

Unfortunately no. I just remember them from the 1980's. I don't have a record player. I could probably find some tho....

Unfortunately no. I just remember them from the 1980's. I don't have a record player. I could probably find some tho....

I know I've heard several from zeppelin, pink Floyd, and queen.

Oh yeah and KISS and Black Sabbath. Pretty much work the same as EVP's IMO if you listen hard enough, you'll hear something.

There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan...
  • Like 1

There's no option for posting youtube clips on my page. I wanted to post the ghostly voices of a choir of angels singing, & angels saying "Father God"

• Like 1

There's no option for posting youtube clips on my page. I wanted to post the ghostly voices of a choir of angels singing, & angels saying "Father God"

You just paste the URL and it automatically puts the video after you click Post.