Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

82,000 Vatican manuscripts to go online

Saru

More than five centuries of documents and manuscripts are to be preserved by placing them online.

The project, finally up and running a year after its announcement, uses an armada of equipment to capture the vast range of pages amassed by the Vatican over five or six centuries into one of the world’s most valuable collection of books and manuscripts.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 6

I was just discussing this with the hubby today about how unfair it was that the Vatican had all these ancient books that no one has access too. Cool bananas.

• Like 2

Oh this is so cool! I know there is one website I go to where you can even see the state papers from King Henry VIII's reign:

http://www.nationala....uk/default.htm

Anyway, this is really neat.

If you (or indeed, anyone else) enjoys the day-to-day minutae of 15th.Century life, perhaps you might be interested in this site. The Pastons were inveterate letter-writers and their correspondence reflects the life of a middle-class family during the so-called Wars of the Roses.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=22UDAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA1&as_brr=1&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

The 'Introduction' is a bit long - skip most of it is my advice.

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 1

This is really cool.

But, you know that the Conspiricy People are going to claim that all the "Banned" works are not going to be published. That the Vatican has them, but denys it.

Looking forward to linking to various works here to prove idiots wrong.......

• Like 1

What's the bets the information they hold about alien visitation is withheld from the online collection???

• Like 2

This is really cool.

But, you know that the Conspiricy People are going to claim that all the "Banned" works are not going to be published. That the Vatican has them, but denys it.

Looking forward to linking to various works here to prove idiots wrong.......

What's the bets the information they hold about alien visitation is withheld from the online collection???

I blame you die. You said it and it happened.

HA, Ha, ha.....

Die is probably gonna lump me in with the conspiracy people, but do we all really think that the Vatican would release ALL the documents held in their vaults online to be accessed by the public....?

I mean the Vaticans hold on the worlds population is tenuous at best these days, what with all the scandals with priests and homophobic, ultra conservative popes.... I cant imagine them releasing anything that may add to their handhold on power slipping....

just my two pence....

liars all their info is fake and fabricated.if one wants to know the answers to all look within yourselfs