Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate change to make millions homeless

Saru

Climate change expert Lord Stern has warned that rising carbon dioxide levels could destroy communities.

The prospect of Earth returning to these climatic conditions is causing major alarm. As temperatures rise, deserts will spread and life-sustaining weather patterns such as the North Indian monsoon could be disrupted.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

please remind me not to invite Lord Stern for dinner. :cry:

• Like 3

Yes it will, places that are lush and green now could be deserts. The coastal communities that are here now will be no more with rising sea levels. Places that are too cold now will be the livable places of the future. Storms will get worse and more deadly. May even be a mass extinction like in the Permian period if temperatures rise enough and they very well could.

please remind me not to invite Lord Stern for dinner. :cry:

I doubt he'll have the time. Most of His Lordship's dinner engagements are with wind-farm developers and County Councillors!

• Like 2

I doubt he'll have the time. Most of His Lordship's dinner engagements are with wind-farm developers and County Councillors!

Well how convenient is that! Don`t start me on them, don`t do I tell ya! not on a Sunday!!

• Like 2

Well the general view is that most of the Delta and several coastal cities will be under sea-level.. Moving them will be expensive but is already underway (via not granting construction permits in areas that will be flooded) and thereby gradually forcing the population inland. Why don't other countries prepare like this?

The planet experiences "millions homeless" every year and adjusts. We'd like it otherwise but we have to live where we live.

Well the general view is that most of the Delta and several coastal cities will be under sea-level.. Moving them will be expensive but is already underway (via not granting construction permits in areas that will be flooded) and thereby gradually forcing the population inland. Why don't other countries prepare like this?

The planet experiences "millions homeless" every year and adjusts. We'd like it otherwise but we have to live where we live.

Flooding goods, bring it on! my boat is ready. :tu:

ps: boat will go on stilts if the water runs dry.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Yes it will, places that are lush and green now could be deserts. The coastal communities that are here now will be no more with rising sea levels. Places that are too cold now will be the livable places of the future. Storms will get worse and more deadly. May even be a mass extinction like in the Permian period if temperatures rise enough and they very well could.

As pointed out later, (in a roundabout way) the councils and property developers will have concreted on most of those lush green areas before we dry out. They will flood the surrounding areas first with their concreted estates.

• Like 2

It is interesting to note that one important factor has been omitted from these words of doom, namely a time scale for this "end of life as we know it" event to happen. I have read other articles that say it will be something like 3 million years before it might happen, but there again the sun will enter a new cycle of heating and cooling before then and the tune will change to the one of an impending Ice Age. So you pays your money and takes your pick, cook or freeze.

We may be facing other problems such as plagues brought on by rising temperatures as well as lost farm lands.

It is interesting to note that one important factor has been omitted from these words of doom, namely a time scale for this "end of life as we know it" event to happen. I have read other articles that say it will be something like 3 million years before it might happen, but there again the sun will enter a new cycle of heating and cooling before then and the tune will change to the one of an impending Ice Age. So you pays your money and takes your pick, cook or freeze.

Another thing to remember, the climate change experts were telling us we were heading into anither ice age during the 1960's when the glaciers were advancing. Another way to look at this is the Sahara was supposed to be a lush green area millions of years ago. It turned into a desert without human help. Who do the climate experts blame for that, the dinosaurs?

People will say whatever they need to say to make a buck.

Look at Al Gore - He made more money scaring the daylights out of people than anyone could imagine.

And he cared so much about the cause that he donated exactly ZERO to any of the "Green" initiatives from the Billions he made.

....a fool and his money are soon parted.

• Like 1

he cared so much about the cause that he donated exactly ZERO to any of the "Green" initiatives from the Billions he made.

....a fool and his money are soon parted.

surely that would mean that al gore is very clever indeed, wouldn't it??

I guess all the 'global warming is a myth' crowd must have the week off....?

:-)

This seems incredibly disturbing, just thinking about it.

"The Earth was once a majestic, beautiful, world. It was literally the best. The most amazing you could imagine. It was a physical heaven. But then...it shrivered and died. And that's the truth.."

This seems incredibly disturbing, just thinking about it.

"The Earth was once a majestic, beautiful, world. It was literally the best. The most amazing you could imagine. It was a physical heaven. But then...it shrivered and died. And that's the truth.."

speak for yourself!

I live in a very beautiful corner of the world, and i'm sure most people feel the same about where come from too!

guess your version of 'truth' differs wildly from mine.

thank the gods.

• Like 1

post-122220-0-88013600-1368487296_thumb. Edited by White Unicorn

I dont know if Climate change will make people homeless. But many will be homeless in the name of Climate change. 0bama is closing down our coal plants at record pace, causing the price of heat to skyrocket. Combine this with the ew costs of health care and there will be all kinds of new homeless people.

I dont know if Climate change will make people homeless. But many will be homeless in the name of Climate change. 0bama is closing down our coal plants at record pace, causing the price of heat to skyrocket. Combine this with the ew costs of health care and there will be all kinds of new homeless people.

America has one of the most inefficient housing stocks in the world. Simply upgrading the insulation in your shoddily built houses would save most people far more money than increasing energy costs are accounting for. However if you are using electricity to heat your home (the main way which coal power would have an impact on your ability to heat your home) then you are a fool since it is the most expensive form of heat known to man(4x that of burning coal dircectly).

The reality is that we could all live better lives if we didn't build things with the expectation that there is an endless pit of cheap energy.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

If you want people to consider long-term energy costs in their construction and siting decisions, impose land use and energy use taxes. Use the revenue to build energy-saving public facilities and to do energy research.

If you want people to consider long-term energy costs in their construction and siting decisions, impose land use and energy use taxes. Use the revenue to build energy-saving public facilities and to do energy research.

America and Australia have a culture of building "temporary" homes with a life expectancy of 50-100years tops. Its very difficult to build energy efficient houses that meet the cost constriants this places on the buidlings. The whole construction sector is like an oil tanker which takes decades to turn around. What doesn't help is that the last disasterous property bubble has lumbered us with a housing stock which was designed for a cheap energy environment in an expensive energy future. This housing stock is substandard and shoddily built - but cannot be replaced for another 30years at best.

The exact same scenario is playing out in Ireland where all of the boom building happened before more exacting building regs were introduced. We have locked ourselves into a situation where people are burdened by unsustainable debt in unsustainable houses which many people can no longer afford to heat. Its now a common site to see people buying 5 gallon drums of kerosine to heat their homes over the weekend as a luxury. Tragic misplanning on a nearly global scale.

Br Cornelius

Considering what we know of the geological record, this has happened before. It seems that Anarctica might have once been in tropical latitudes.

surely that would mean that al gore is very clever indeed, wouldn't it??

Absolutely!

He was smart enough to know he could steal money from the sheeple and he did.

If i could get dumb people to hand money over to me in the billions i'd be a genius too.

I'd have to get rid on that little annoyance that is a conscience but it could be done.

• Like 1

I'm just proud that once again America is ahead of the curve.

We already have millions of homeless.

U

S

A

!!!

• Like 1