Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British Tourists charged $84 for 4 ice creams

pallidin

Hmm... they changed their target audience, in former years it was mainly Americans who got ripped off...

Hmmmm, I wonder how you say ^$@%#@!)_(*!!!!!!!! in Italian (with appropriate gestures of course)?

Four British tourists say they were charged a whopping $84 for four ice creams in Italy's capital city.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well they deserve it if they did not realise that they do not use the $ in Italy.

• Like 1

Hmmmm, I wonder how you say ^$@%#@!)_(*!!!!!!!! in Italian (with appropriate gestures of course)?

I could tell you... but it will probably get me banned for a while :devil:

• Like 2

You know what they say ... when in Rome, pay through the ass.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

I guess with their economy being what it is they decided to rip everyone off. Maybe we should avoid going there.

This is rare in Japan ,but theres this one Taiwanese restaurant in Tokyo,run by Taiwanese , that I love.

A couple of their dishes are orgasmic .....

It's not a huge amt,but he absolutely pads the check. First time,I let it go ,second time.... . He problem is ,I can read the menu ,so the last time he did it to me,I called him out on it. He changed it,and his tune ,asap .

I have to say I find that kind of behavior shocking . Italy especially . Reminds me of that episode of the odd couple on thectrain .

Different circumstance ,but same greed applies

Going to Indonesia can be confusing at first. $1AUD is about 10,000 rupiah. You go to pay for something and they say 200,000 rupiah, you think you're being ripped off, then realise it's about $20.

But checking how much money you have left in your bank account using their ATMs is awesome when you realise you're a multi-millionaire!

• Like 1

This is news?

Tomorrow's headline: "TOURISTS INSULTED BY FRENCH WAITER"

• Like 1