Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A fun and interesting game that I play

thewild

As for graveyards love ember don't know why. Didn't see anything in the pics though barely saw the house was wondering if there was some kind if Tree house sale going on since it got most of the attention.

I wonder if its coincidence or not .... but 'sightings' do seem to decline with more 'camera's readily available and common ...

A friend mentioned that 'old school' film cameras are more effective in capturing this unexplained images than digi cams ....

Up to a point I can see his point ... there is a 'chemical' process involved with film ... maybe that's what makes for the difference

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

We once took photos of grave stones in a graveyard in Salem Mass,and some really odd stuff showed up in the photos . I don't believe all orbs are dust ,especially in a graveyard .

Interesting topic

Not just dust. Anything really tiny close to the camera that it can't focus on correctly. Dust, snow, water, bugs, maybe even ghosts. But definitely bugs.

I wonder if its coincidence or not .... but 'sightings' do seem to decline with more 'camera's readily available and common ...
And the 'face' on Mars turned into a dull looking hill as soon as better and more images were available.

Are ghost sightings or photos actually declining? I haven't seen any evidence of that.

A friend mentioned that 'old school' film cameras are more effective in capturing this unexplained images than digi cams ....

Up to a point I can see his point ... there is a 'chemical' process involved with film ... maybe that's what makes for the difference

Why would a chemical process make film cameras more effective in capturing the paranormal in photos?

If more people are taking photos with better cameras but less ghosts are appearing in the photos, I think it's more sensible to blame a lack of ghosts then to blame the cameras.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 2

And the 'face' on Mars turned into a dull looking hill as soon as better and more images were available.

Are ghost sightings or photos actually declining? I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Why would a chemical process make film cameras more effective in capturing the paranormal in photos?

If more people are taking photos with better cameras but less ghosts are appearing in the photos, I think it's more sensible to blame a lack of ghosts then to blame the cameras.

Seeing evidence means differently than 'seen' evidence ...

in my personal experience it has been that 'seen' and seeing in such cases is as objective as :

calling someone mom and seeing someone that 'looks' like mom ... well 'mom' when mom has been deceased for years ...

Whereas I said I found my friends idea interesting ... I didn't say it is evidently evidence ... or even if it made subjective sense.

Nobody is blaming cameras here ... just as you don't put a DVD in a CD player, you don't get the capture as unbiased as an analog camera compared with digitally filtered camera.

And NO ... i'm not saying ghosts must exist ... but I'm not denying them a right to exist either ..... who knows ? Maybe you do ... but I don't

:tu:

• Like 1

You have to take into account the fact that back in the day cameras were becoming popular and were still being perfected. Now they leave much less room for error as far as fuzzies and streaks and so on.

a couple of famous 'ghost' photos in asia that made the headlines .... that I had knowledge of

famous-real-ghost-photos-11.jpg

famous-real-ghost-photos-10.jpg

famous-real-ghost-photos-9.jpg

famous-real-ghost-photos-8.jpg

famous-real-ghost-photos-5.jpg

famous-real-ghost-photos-2.jpg

famous-real-ghost-photos-53.jpg

evidence ? bear in mind that these are photos from the early days of low res digital mobile cams ... before photoshop ver 3 even

evidently not .... maybe .... :lol:

~edit : the original site is kinda cagey with some adult content but if you google 'famous Asia ghost photos' you'll get the sites

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

Those are creepy..but..nawww I don't wanna get into if they are real or not. Haunted houses, anyone?

• Like 1

Nobody is blaming cameras here ... just as you don't put a DVD in a CD player, you don't get the capture as unbiased as an analog camera compared with digitally filtered camera.
What bias exists in digital cameras that doesn't exist in film cameras?

Start your own thread about it.

Check this one out, OP. I know it's not real, but let's pretend it was, for Science!

Ghost-House-random-32631231-1366-768.jpg

I would buy this house seeing this picture.

• Like 3

briefly ... its the 'algorithm' of the software ICs ... with film in the darkroom, its the people doing the print processing that filters out these 'anomalies' usually referred to as 'defects' .... I've seen my share if this in dark rooms

So now .. let's get back to haunted houses .... :tu:

• Like 1

Oops, picture messed up:

Ghost-House-random-32631231-500-281.jpg

• Like 1

It's weird, I'll post it fine, and even check and click it after, and it's fine, then I come back hours later and it is broken.

Oh well, the picture is amazing enough for me to want to link it again. This time a URL, though: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/Ghost-House-random-32631231-1366-768.jpg

• Like 1

It's weird, I'll post it fine, and even check and click it after, and it's fine, then I come back hours later and it is broken.

Oh well, the picture is amazing enough for me to want to link it again. This time a URL, though: http://images6.fanpo...31-1366-768.jpg

its a random photo sequence ... you can't link direct to the image ... :)

its a random photo sequence ... you can't link direct to the image ... :)

The photos I posted are up on this page for me again; no longer broken. I linked the direct jpg's after clicking the photo sequencer. Anywho.

• Like 2

The photos I posted are up on this page for me again; no longer broken. I linked the direct jpg's after clicking the photo sequencer. Anywho.

Its gone and broke again ... oh no ... is this ... does this means ... the house is ... ???

:lol:

• Like 1