Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

x-ray vision

mystic_mind

I'm basically a skeptic to a lot of psychic stuff but there are some things that are hard to explain. My dad says that once, when he was a little kid, he was soooo stressed because he couldn't find his cap and had to go someplace in a hurry that he actually "saw" his cap thru a newspaper on the sofa. He lifted the paper and grabbed his cap and took off and never thought about it til years later. Has anyone ever heard of human x-ray vision before? It only happened under a lot of stress. I tried to rationalize that maybe the paper was pretty thin back then and the sun was shining just right on it which he may have been able to see the cap thru it or at least the outline of something under the paper...but no...he swears to this day that a "hole" appeared in the paper allowing him to see his cap clearly. Unfortunately he can't leap tall buildings in a single bound too lol, but I have no other explanation to explain this.

I try to take the SVP skeptic viewpoint when it comes to these things as I struggle with 'insight' myself, not fully understood either.

Perhaps he invisioned seeing his hat and in his mind , translated to actually seeing it through another object. In realistic terms he then did infact see it but not necessarily via xray vission. I dont dismiss psychic credibility in the matter as I have personal reason to believe it is real and not simply understood to say the least.

Edited by Sheep Smart
  • Like 1

Wow, that's amazing ! I'm intrigued to hear if there are other occurrences too on UM. I wonder if it's connected to remote viewing?

I try to take the SVP skeptic viewpoint when it comes to these things as I struggle with 'insight' myself, not fully understood either.

Perhaps he invisioned seeing his hat and in his mind , translated to actually seeing it through another object. In realistic terms he then did infact see it but not necessarily via xray vission. I dont dismiss psychic credibility in the matter as I have personal reason to believe it is real and not simply understood to say the least.

I thiink it is something like Sheep said. That a memory existed of the hat under the paper and when he rememebered it was there, it was superimposed onto the vision centers of his brain, which he processed as seeing through the paper.

I do believe in miracles and don't discount that maybe he recieved a religious vision to help him, rather then bringing up a previous memory.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

I thiink it is something like Sheep said. That a memory existed of the hat under the paper and when he rememebered it was there, it was superimposed onto the vision centers of his brain, which he processed as seeing through the paper.

I do believe in miracles and don't discount that maybe he recieved a religious vision to help him, rather then bringing up a previous memory.

"God helped me find that cap. I'll never forget it."

I am sorry, and I do not mean to offend. But that's the first thing that popped into my head.

• Like 1

LOL. Maybe if it was a "loose your job/girlfriend/car" kind of situation....

I NEED MY HAT!!! :innocent:

I know there are some days were I NEED my own hat.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some people ridiculed me on here when I was younger and claimed to have it. I now I think what I had/have was some sort of slight remote viewing.

the thing is, eyesight is a one-way system, photons entering the eye, whereas X-ray vision implies some kind of, well, X-rays leaving the eye, which wouldn't make sense, so sheepy's right, your dad was subconsciously remembering where his hat was.

I get the same kinda thing a lot, being a gormless swine who loses stuff regularly, and 'sees' where i've lost it.

your brain remembers all sorts of stuff subconsciously, because if you remembered everything consciously, you'd go mad!!

the thing is, eyesight is a one-way system, photons entering the eye, whereas X-ray vision implies some kind of, well, X-rays leaving the eye, which wouldn't make sense, so sheepy's right, your dad was subconsciously remembering where his hat was.

I get the same kinda thing a lot, being a gormless swine who loses stuff regularly, and 'sees' where i've lost it.

your brain remembers all sorts of stuff subconsciously, because if you remembered everything consciously, you'd go mad!!

Exactly. I work in X-Ray and know a lot about radiation in general, eyes aren't capable of the environment needed to generate radiation.

Maybe not the eyes...but can the brain's electromagnetic field reach out and "illuminate" a nearby object?...parano11.gif

Hmmm, maybe not. It sounds more like a remote viewing phenomenom.