Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

paranorm exp. in albany/troy/schenectady NY

nightmare_lines

Hello :st ,

my name is mike,i am 25 years old and have lived in the capitol region my entire life minus 2 years in buffalo for college. i am interested in hearing stories and experiences that occured in albany/schenectady/troy New York. i have many personal stories and wanted to share some of them with local people and also make friends who arent afraid to investigate sites and gather evidence. i have always been interested in this, but have struggled to find people as enthused with this as i am. after several failed attempts to investigate some sites with people who just make excuse after excuse to back out, i figured id abandon hope of meeting like minded people the old fashioned way (in public like humans used to do) and go the online route. so please share your local stories and places you have investigated and would like to investigate. i would love to participate with any investigation.

i'll share one experience ive had with you for now.

when i was about 7 or 8 my parents were divorced (and would oddly enough remarry eachother after 12 years of being seperated) and i would stay at my fathers house in the city of albany on weekends, while living with my mother in colonie durring the week. at my fathers house, a civil war solider (according to a psycic my former step mother brought in) was also residing in the residence. things that occured were the usual house haunting stuff. most of which i never experienced exept for constant sounds of somebody walking throughout the loft in the middle of the night. one morning i woke up and my father had gone to the store for a minute, and my step mother, who ownes her own business was at work. this house was designed very weird. the doors in the house were not your typical doors with knobs and hinges, they met in the middle of the doorway, and retracted into the walls to open them. picture a sliding glass door that you opened in the middle with 2 sliding components as opposed to pulling the handle from the far right near the wall. god im screwing this explination up.... point is no hinges and it required a decent amount of force to open and shut. my experience was every door in the loft opened and shut 3 times (at the same time) and every faucet in the house turned on both hot and cold water handles. now i was 8 years old, but i stilll believe as an 8 year old i had more strength then a gust of wind or something like that so in my mind no way that could have caused these fairly heavy dors that were not on hinges to open.

thats a vauge description of one of my first experiences, which began for me at a very young age.

i would appreciate hearing your stories and would love to make some friends with similar interests and the desire to organize investigations in and around albany ny. i am particularly interested in forrest park cemetery. i have gone there 3 times, only making it past the enterence once and only being inside for 10 minutes before the people i was with wimpered and wanted to leave. but extraordinary vibes from that place.

if you want to contact me you can TEXT me at * snip *. if you call i wont answer unless i know who you are. i would love to meet people who are serious about doing this. hopefully i get some positive response and i loook forward to sharing experiences both past and hopefully in the near future!

mike

Edited by Saru
Best not to post personal contact details on the forum

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nightmare_lines

• Ashotep

• hauntedinsc

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to the forum. That was an interesting story, that would be weird to have those door opening and closing like that. I did see a ghost once but nothing scary but a eye opening experience for me.

Thanks for the welcome=] , ive had quite a few experiences since i was young and im sure u could imagine they werent too pleasant to a youngster lol. I used to wake up almost every morning when i was like 4 or 5 or some really young age where i have spotty memory and before i started school with sleep paralysis. My eyes would be wide open and i couldnt move or breathe. It would feel like someone was sitting on my chest. And i distinctly remember a few mornings laying in my bed with my door open an my mom getting ready for work (i could hear her blow drying her hair and other morning things) and seeing a weird black shadowy figure taunting me almost, definatly laughing low ans hissy at me while id be struggling to breathe or jerk my body awake or call out for help, all of which were unacheivable until i began to white out. Musta been outta usable pokemon or something. That could be explained a lot of different ways i guess but still scary to experience. The laughing black figure only happened 3 or 4 times but the sensations and inability to breathe an ect ect happened quite frequently. Hmm i talk alot, hopefully some more people will respond with their experiences and maybe wanna get some sort of investigations together. Kk i shut up now thanks for the welcone again

I've had a few experiences some of which I've talked about throughout the different forums and I'm nowhere near new York but do have a small old cemetery that I've spent quite a bit of time in but have only recently thought about investigating.I'm only a little concerned considering almost this time last year I repeatedly performed amateur blessing on my house to rid it of evil if it was around. Thankfully all activity stopped. I worry if I bring something like that on myself by trying to communicate with unseen forces maybe next time God may let me suffer the consequence a while before helping to cleanse myself and environment. Like a parent scalding a child ya know what I mean.