Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If God made us in his image, does God sin?

TheTreasureGamer

The topic title really explains a lot of what I'm asking. If God made us in his image, then does he sin? Now, logically I'm not saying everyone sins. There are good people too, full of joy, love, and gratitude plus happiness. But face it; this is the truth - if you summed up mankind in one word, spanning our ENTIRE history, then what would it be? Personally, I think sick. Not sick as in "that's so cool dude!" but sick as in "that's disturbing, horrible, and mental".

Gaddafi

Hitler

Caligula

The Boston Bombers

Al-Qaeda

Kim Jong Un (he seems likely to pull off a devastating attack in the foreseeable future, making him as bad as Hitler)

There are SO much more names I could put down. This is incredibly sad, because it means and it shows how mentally sick us humans can become.

....but...hang on....didn't...God say he made us...in his image? OK, so then what does that make God? Why do some believe in this entity if they may already know that he made us like him and there are horrible people like the list above? What does that really say?

I always thought being made "in His image" just meant that we were made self aware. We have the capacity to understand laws and the ability to choose whether to obey them or not. Sin is simply the transgression of the law. Since He is the Creator, both of us and the law, He is not bound by that law I assume. If I am keeping goldfish then I have to provide boundaries and a proper environment for them to exist but that doesn't mean I have to stay submerged and breathe liquid as they do.

• Like 1

Probably but when you are in charge you get away with it.

As some say God is the standard, then God can do as he pleases and is still holy.

Depends on what you mean by sin, what is a sin to some, is not to others.

The word sin to me depicts a religious belief which disapproves on ones behaviour because it is against the faith.

Si if someone does not follow that belief, then how can they be a sinner? but again, it depends on what you say they have done wrong.

From the Biblical perspective: the "being made in God's image" part occurred before mankind sinned.

• Like 1

From the Biblical perspective: the "being made in God's image" part occurred before mankind sinned.

?

If God had made man, then there would have been no man previously to have sinned....buts thats the biblical perspective.

But who says it is a sin, apart from what man has written in a book?

• Like 2

Heres how I understand it god made Adam and Eve and they were perfect, Then satan came down into the garden as a snake and Influenced Eve to eat from the fruit and that it would give her great knowledge, Eve ate from it and convinced Adam to also. God saw what they had done and then said your children will fall from perfection and through generations man became less perfect, and started to break the laws that god gave them, such as false worship, and murder, and it keeps going on and on. Of course this is me summarizing it up quickly

• Like 2

I always thought being made "in His image" just meant that we were made self aware.

I thought it meant he's got two arms, legs, eyes, nipples, thumbs, nostrils, averages around 5ft10'' and (in my case) is devillishly handsome....?

;-)

• Like 2

?

If God had made man, then there would have been no man previously to have sinned....buts thats the biblical perspective.

But who says it is a sin, apart from what man has written in a book?

What I was attempting to say (poorly) is that man's proclivity to sin came in after he was created in God's image. This is answer to the OP as the Bible states. Other sources no doubt have other interpretations.

I thought it meant he's got two arms, legs, eyes, nipples, thumbs, nostrils, averages around 5ft10'' and (in my case) is devillishly handsome....?

;-)

He also farts and burps and has moles and warts and acne and......

• Like 1

Man started to sin after he fell out of perfection

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).

-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).

-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).

-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead

-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

Now . . . you tell me if this 'god' sins?

• Like 3

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).

-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).

-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).

-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

How can we be sure the abrahamic his us not a devil?!??

How can we be sure the abrahamic god is not a devil?!??

guess he broke the mould before he made us then huh?

;-)

How can we be sure the abrahamic his us not a devil?!??

How can we be sure the abrahamic god is not a devil?!??

Good point! The Gnostics believed that Yahweh was really the Demiurge and evil, that we cannot perceive the real god.

'God'? No God of mine would do the things you have stated. I would rather burn forever in hell away from such a tyrant, than spend one minute with such a being in 'heaven'.

The old testament God is often simply just the justification used by leaders at the time to commit atrocious acts and get the people to back them up. People who think these passages describe a real God, and not only that, but a God who later on in the new testament is all about forgiveness and love- such people must be smoking some real good s*** in order to believe that.

• Like 2

'God'? No God of mine would do the things you have stated. I would rather burn forever in hell away from such a tyrant, than spend one minute with such a being in 'heaven'.

The old testament God is often simply just the justification used by leaders at the time to commit atrocious acts and get the people to back them up. People who think these passages describe a real God, and not only that, but a God who later on in the new testament is all about forgiveness and love- such people must be smoking some real good s*** in order to believe that.

A new hat doesn't make a new suit

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." (Matthew 5:17-18)

Heres how I understand it god made Adam and Eve and they were perfect, Then satan came down into the garden as a snake and Influenced Eve to eat from the fruit and that it would give her great knowledge, Eve ate from it and convinced Adam to also. God saw what they had done and then said your children will fall from perfection and through generations man became less perfect, and started to break the laws that god gave them, such as false worship, and murder, and it keeps going on and on. Of course this is me summarizing it up quickly

Who created the fruit?

• Like 3

God is all-knowing by default.

Yet we, as humans, are all curious, and without the higher knowledge.

Who knows why.

Who created the fruit?

Good question. Why would god tempt Adam and Eve with the tree of knowledge?God must have known they would eat of the fruit. What's the point of tempting them with something that tastes so good, and then when they eat the fruit wammo, they're kicked out into the cold? What kind of a god is this? Is not this kind of behavior sinful?

• Like 3

Good question. Why would god tempt Adam and Eve with the tree of knowledge?God must have known they would eat of the fruit. What's the point of tempting them with something that tastes so good, and then when they eat the fruit wammo, they're kicked out into the cold? What kind of a god is this? Is not this kind of behavior sinful?

Who do you choose as "God" ?

He's the Boss and He's long past redemption,carry on sinning folks.

It's even more bizarre than that . . .

God creates Adam & Eve, then he creates sin, has them sin, then sends his only son down to die for this sin that he created in the first place! That is a Psychopath :unsure:

• Like 2

Who do you choose as "God" ?

Maybe that's the point. If I'm a Jew or a Christian, I don't have a choice. I have to accept God's personality and behavior as what it is. If I question or don't like what this god has done, or if I don't agree with some of Gods rules, and I choose to disobey and sin, I guess I'm screwed. I'm condemned by my free will, which I suppose is God-given.

I suppose I can ask Jesus for forgiveness, but I don't understand that either. If God sets the rules that I must obey, and says so, how can I be forgiven for breaking the rules?

If I sin against God, then Jesus forgives my sin, how does this god deal with that?