Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN urges people to eat insects

Still Waters

not gonn hapenn in the 21st century

It's already happening, worldwide.

From the OP:

It notes that over 2 billion people worldwide already supplement their diet with insects.

What do you put on an arachnid, salt and pepper? Maybe they're good with cocktail sauce.

Many people put the underside of one of their shoes on it.

Edited by Abramelin

I'd replace meat with insects..

Hell, I was vegetarian for 2 years. I quit doing it because my anemia was killing me, no matter how many iron pills or eggs I would eat a day.

What would we call an insect/vegetarian diet? :whistle:

Or don't eat meat full stop. LOL

I'm sure vegetables, nuts and fruit don't disgust people as much as insects.

http://michaelblueja...nvironment.html

Farming meat is really bad for the environment etc. Especially on the scale we do in the western world. It also leads to inhumane treatment of animals. The Meat industrial complex doesn't care about the treatment of the animals, they care about figures. Another reason they have been proven to lie and show false evidence of how you need meat in your diet etc.

If people want to eat meat that is their choice I won't tell people what to eat, people are free to choose what they eat. But nobody can say you need it to be healthy cause that has been proven false by thousands of people.

You do know that plants are life forms don't you. Fruits, are designed by nature to be eaten. In thi case a fruit is anything that has a seed on or in it. But, man can't survive on fruit alone. We are designed to eat meat.

As for the story, the bible says graahoppers/locusts are clean animals for food.

I'd replace meat with insects..

Hell, I was vegetarian for 2 years. I quit doing it because my anemia was killing me, no matter how many iron pills or eggs I would eat a day.

What would we call an insect/vegetarian diet? :whistle:

It may sound weird, but the more I watch those videos of people preparing and eating insects, the more I think I should at least try it out. But maybe I shouldn't watch those videos when I'm hungry, lol.

When you go to Youtube, and enter 'vegan diet' you get videos with all kinds of reports about the vegan diet not being that healthy.

AliveInDeath7, from what I learned and experienced, the vegetarian diet isn't that bad..... for a while.

As for the story, the bible says graahoppers/locusts are clean animals for food.

Yep, and the Bible also says we shouldn't eat the meat of scavengers and omnivores. They were not that crazy back then.

• Like 1

I would eat insects, maybe, if it was prepared for me... And the chef took off the wings. And the legs. Definitely have to take off the head. I understand they have got stuff inside them too, will probably have to remove that part too.

Other than that I'd be happy to eat bugs.

I would eat insects, maybe, if it was prepared for me... And the chef took off the wings. And the legs. Definitely have to take off the head. I understand they have got stuff inside them too, will probably have to remove that part too.

Other than that I'd be happy to eat bugs.

lol. I don't know why, but I laughed :D

"Ciao, Luigi, una pizza salame, but please remove the salame"

You do know that plants are life forms don't you. Fruits, are designed by nature to be eaten. In thi case a fruit is anything that has a seed on or in it. But, man can't survive on fruit alone. We are designed to eat meat.

I never said fruit is not a life form. Fruit needs to eb eaten to reproduce. Animals do not need to be stuck in disgusting conditions, tortured and slaughtered in mass numbers....

Man can survive on fruit alone. lol Just like a monkey can. It's perfectly fine to survive on only fruit or veg. Add in nuts and you are above average health wise.

We are designed to be able to eat meat for survival chances. Not specifically to eat meat just for the sake of it.

Sure people can survive on fruits and nuts, but people don't only want to survive sometimes. We want joy and more joy and more and more and more. Sometimes I think it would be better to live in a cabin in the woods without all of this things. But in the end, I won't, because I'm used to all of this.

• Like 3

people can survive on vegetables, fruits, and nuts, if they don't mind dying of a vitamin b12 deficiency.....

• Like 2

Animals do not need to be stuck in disgusting conditions, tortured and slaughtered in mass numbers....

there's an easy way around that coffey my old fruit (;-) ), just make sure you buy your meat direct from a locally-sourced farm, then you can see the animals' living conditions for yourself, and enjoy guilt-free bacon sarnies of a morn!

I do, but i'm lucky enough to be surrounded by farmland, so I don't have to go anywhere near tesco's!

:-)

• Like 1

Waiter waiter there is a fly in my soup...

• Like 2

I never said fruit is not a life form. Fruit needs to eb eaten to reproduce. Animals do not need to be stuck in disgusting conditions, tortured and slaughtered in mass numbers....

Man can survive on fruit alone. lol Just like a monkey can. It's perfectly fine to survive on only fruit or veg. Add in nuts and you are above average health wise.

We are designed to be able to eat meat for survival chances. Not specifically to eat meat just for the sake of it.

Monkeys eat insects. Chimps eat monkeys apes wat plants only. But their gut is much larger than ours so they can digest it. We have a small gut because meat is easier to digest. A tadpole has a larger gut than the frog it becomes. Because the tadpope eats plants and the frog eats insects.

We eat chocolet covered grasshoppers and ants.

• Like 1

Waiter waiter there is a fly in my soup...

'of course there is sir, chef blumenthal put it there.

that'll be £35 please.....'

;-)

• Like 1

i've tried 'em dan, the ants, and they didn't really taste of much, just slightly crunchy, bitty chocolate!

Monkeys eat insects. Chimps eat monkeys apes wat plants only. But their gut is much larger than ours so they can digest it. We have a small gut because meat is easier to digest. A tadpole has a larger gut than the frog it becomes. Because the tadpope eats plants and the frog eats insects.

We still don't need meat, that is a proven fact. otherwise thousands of people would be ill or dead right now. Instead they are above average health.

there's an easy way around that coffey my old fruit (;-) ), just make sure you buy your meat direct from a locally-sourced farm, then you can see the animals' living conditions for yourself, and enjoy guilt-free bacon sarnies of a morn!

I do, but i'm lucky enough to be surrounded by farmland, so I don't have to go anywhere near tesco's!

Costs more as well sadly. But it is a lot better.

• Like 1

When I was a child we lived in a border town in Arizona. My next door neighbors were Mexican and I used to visit there a lot. The lady served her family all sorts of interesting things. I ate Grasshopper tacos, rattlesnake, huitlacoche (fungus that grows on corn), fried prickly pear cactus, etc. Now you know one good reason why I went vegetarian.

• Like 1

Costs more as well sadly. But it is a lot better.

guilt-free bacon butties are priceless man!!

(i drink too much brandy to be a vegetarian. museli just doesn't do it for me the morning after i'm afraid. not enough lard!)

;-)

• Like 1

guilt-free bacon butties are priceless man!!

(i drink too much brandy to be a vegetarian. museli just doesn't do it for me the morning after i'm afraid. not enough lard!)

;-)

Haha, i miss bacon the most. But I will never go back.

• Like 1

My next door neighbors were Mexican and I used to visit there a lot. The lady served her family all sorts of interesting things. I ate Grasshopper tacos, rattlesnake, huitlacoche (fungus that grows on corn), fried prickly pear cactus, etc.

i've never really been afraid of trying anything really moonshadow, and I brought my kids up with the same ethos, 'taste it first before you ask what it is' as it might be the nicest thing you've ever tasted, but if you're put off by the thought of it first....?

I once spent a week at marrakech market (nicest smelling place in the world!!) eating things that were virtually unrecognisable as food, and all of it was gorgeous, but not once did I ask what it was! (i think the pickled walnuts may have been something's brain, but, well, you know.....)

when in rome, as they say.....

Haha, i miss bacon the most. But I will never go back.

nothing wrong with that dude, each to their own 'n all that!

(with a side salad of live & let live for good measure!)

• Like 1

nothing wrong with that dude, each to their own 'n all that!

(with a side salad of live & let live for good measure!)

Exactly how I look at it, I only get aggravated when people say we need it. Cause that is obviously not true. I prefer people jsut to be honest and admit it's cause they want to and enjoy it.

• Like 1

that's nasty people eating insects and all.like i aid don't consume animals this includes animal products and etc alike.i highly advice don't eat them for various reasons.anyway while its true they reproduce quickly still people.make up your own damn mind and wake up to the truth.for example if the U.N told you jump off a cliff or building would you follow them and actually one people are really that dumb and etc to do it.don't eat insects its a trap!