Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have a conection with spirts I think..Help?

Mynameisnotimportant

Come on now. This "Mynameisnotimportant" character did not go to a sleep disorder website. They didn't go to a phobia website. This isn't a medical website to find answers for psychological issues. A normal person would have tried all those avenues first before runnig out of answers and getting desprate enough to post on an Unexplained Mysteries website.

Since that is the case, I can only assume that the person has a good reason to believe that the supernatual is involved here and not just a mental issue or hormonal imbalance.

And if the case is actually supernatural in origin, then parents, counselors, psychologists, and medication will not help and could make the condition worse.

• Like 1

Come on now. This "Mynameisnotimportant" character did not go to a sleep disorder website. They didn't go to a phobia website. This isn't a medical website to find answers for psychological issues. A normal person would have tried all those avenues first before runnig out of answers and getting desprate enough to post on an Unexplained Mysteries website.

Since that is the case, I can only assume that the person has a good reason to believe that the supernatual is involved here and not just a mental issue or hormonal imbalance.

And if the case is actually supernatural in origin, then parents, counselors, psychologists, and medication will not help and could make the condition worse.

The person is 14.....Gullible...Easily influenced.

There have been many people on here ( adults also ) that had issues, and have found out ( and thanked people ) that they have medical issues. ( sleeping disorders, etc. )

They had not heard of them, or other things that they learned here.

This is a Paranormal site, but it is one that lets EVERYONE answer questions. Not just answers that are paranormal. Many people have learned many things here because of this, including myself.

Telling anyone to avoid a Doctor, or medical help is ridiculous, stupid, and dangerous....Not to mention, wrong.

If someone decides to take that advice, and follows through, and still has the issues, then let them look at other avenues. ( spiritual, etc. ). Do not tell them that a thing that has not even been shown to exist is their problem. Feel free to say you feel it could be that, but do not try to convince them that real life ( proven ) things are not the issue.

People have been killed, and have died because of this.

This is a open forum for all feedback, if you do not like that, find another forum.

Link us to one proven case such as above.........

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Speak for yourself.

Considering the OP hasn't logged in since making this post, I'd say everybody is wasting their time turning this thread into another skeptics vs believers debate.

That very first comment might well have been devastating to a frightened youngster, who may well be getting no better support from anyone than more of the same ridicule. That may be why he has not "logged in" again.

• Like 2

That very first comment might well have been devastating to a frightened youngster, who may well be getting no better support from anyone than more of the same ridicule. That may be why he has not "logged in" again.

Maybe saying to the kid "Hey, you are sick in the head, see a doctor." is what scared them off.

Just a thought.

When I was 7 I was afraid of the dark. I'm still afraid of diving into deep waters, it's very similiar to being afraid of the dark... and at times I even now feel a bit of fear when in dark. But fear is not only a bad thing... it's an instinct to preserve yourself, makes you alert. Just bad if you have it when you go to sleep, or when it does no good for you. If you wanna raise your own self-esteem by ridiculing whoever you can, it's a problem on your end... to the first reply, this.

To the OP. I'd recommend you to contact a doctor online, anonymously, if you can find one, or call a doctor anonymously. That's the best first step I think. On the chance that you had a spirit following you, first thing a lot of people say is good is to learn not to fear it. It's basically something unknown to you if it's that, so take it as something as such and be content about it. There's just things in this world which we will be in the dark about, like whether there's life anywhere else in the universe, whether you win at lottery tomorrow or not, your future... it's just one of those things in the end, if that's the case. The power of belief is called placebo in medical terms, even the medical-scientific community recognices it to that degree. Use that.

Take to account the possibility that it's something in your head if you think there's that possibility, even a fraction. Seeing dog bark the roof or look at the roof could be insects or an airplane up high... dont know how well dogs see in the dark but they can smell anything and hear anything, so an airplane or bird or even a wind that hits a spot near your house or the house, could wake the dog up. It could be insects flying around the roof too, small ones maybe. Or maybe some bats outside. There can be a more common explanation, I wouldn't know what the explanation is, whether it's something a lot of people here would deny or something like this or if it's what you thought it is.

In any case, if it has loomed over you for a good time now, it's either been gathering strength for a whole lot of time which I very much doubt because of it trying to get you spot it (all this if it's a spirit or such), so if it's a spirit there's a 99% chance it can't harm you, especially not severely. It's even less dangerous than a car in the road, especially if you dont fear it.

Maybe saying to the kid "Hey, you are sick in the head, see a doctor." is what scared them off.

Just a thought.

Except for the fact that he hasn't been back since the 14th and no one said it until today when all this crap blew all to hades.

You are the first person to actually phrase it like that btw. It's much better for him to think that he can't sleep and helium balloons are floating (quite normally) through doorways because he's being haunted.

The fact he posted this in 2 different threads leads me to believe that he probably just wants attention. He's probably moved on to his tumblr account now because it took this thread too long to get interesting.

Pod in FL indeed.

• Like 2

My job is to inspire irrational thought. Most people would react his post and offer the same suggestions everyone did.

But I look at it differently.. If he/she is actually having these fears and he/she chose to come to the

Unexplained MysteriesGhosts, Hauntings & The ParanormalStories & Experiences (sub-forum)

And start a thread titled: I have a conection with spirts I think..Help?

Obviously he/she is not looking for a Dr. or Parents advice. He/She are not even looking for a fellow 13y/o's advice. He/She is looking for the kind of advice I have to offer.

Mull that over, and get back to me on it later. :yes:

Edited by Pod99966
  • Like 1

Considering how little credit people here give to other people's hunches, it's amazing how much credit they give to their own. (the bs callers)

My job is to inspire irrational thought. Most people would react his post and offer the same suggestions everyone did.

But I look at it differently.. If he/she is actually having these fears and he/she chose to come to the

Unexplained MysteriesGhosts, Hauntings & The ParanormalStories & Experiences (sub-forum)

Obviously he/she is not looking for a Dr. or Parents advice. He/She are not even looking for a fellow 13y/o's advice. He/She is looking for the kind of advice I have to offer.

Time to get a real job
  • Like 1

Mull that over and go see a doctor. :yes:

You have just negated your entire argument and stated that ghosts and hauntings are irrational and illogical. You've done the skeptic's work for them.

OH and one more thing, irrational thought in a 14 year old probably isn't a great idea. It doesn't lead to the greatest of outcomes.

Edited by coldethyl
  • Like 1

Keep your head in the sand people, and you will never see the stars.

You have just negated your entire argument and stated that ghosts and hauntings are irrational and illogical. You've done the skeptic's work for them.

I'm not here to promote or surpress the belief in the supernatural.

And I did not negate my argument. Anyone (believer or not) who says a spirit is the cause, is not being rational. It may be true.... but it is not rational. It's called SUPERnatural for a reason, because it defies the natural order and explaination of things. thus it is not rational.

And Brian. the quote at the bottom of your post.. does that mean you are going postal?

Edited by Pod99966

And Brian. the quote at the bottom of your post.. does that mean you are going postal?

No, it's an in joke.

No, it's an in joke.

I know where the original version of the quote came from. Which would explain the exact wording of my question.

I know where the original version of the quote came from. Which would explain the exact wording of my question.

So you know all about she who must not be named, Rosemary Campbell? I was there, I don't remember every single word that was said.

• Like 1

So you know all about she who must not be named, Rosemary Campbell? I was there, I don't remember every single word that was said.

Not sure what you are refering too. I was refering to

Please do not ask me about Oujia Boards, Mrs Cake, Orb photos, Pictures of a ghost which your friend took with his cell, Ghost Radars, Mrs Cake and Franks box/Spirit Box.

P.S I am Serious About Mrs Cake.

The original quote being:

DONT ARSK US ABOUT:

• rocks
  • troll's with sticks
  • All sorts of dragons
  • Mrs Cake
  • Huje green things with teeth
  • Any kinds of black dogs with orange eyebrows
  • Rains of spaniel's
  • fog
  • Mrs Cake

Pod did you know chewing trees causes time to move faster but at the same speed as now?

• Like 1

Pod did you know chewing trees causes time to move faster but at the same speed as now?

I can't say that I am familiar with that line of reasoning.

Well, you do live in " Floriduh".... :su

• Like 1

I am just proving that any one can cause irrational thought.

• Like 1

I am just proving that any one can cause irrational thought.

You are absolutely correct. But, case in point, this 13 year old came here looking for advice and people were giving him/her rational answers. But I assure you, they did not come to this particular sub forum and post I have a conection with spirts I think..Help? because they were looking for rational answers.

And as you said, anyone could have given this person some irrational answers.... but nobody did. That's why I'm here.

Well, you do live in " Floriduh".... :su

This is true Sakari... go to Twitter and search the hash tag #ILIF

Not sure what you are refering too. I was refering to

I was referring to Mrs Cake.

This is true Sakari... go to Twitter and search the hash tag #ILIF

That is some awesome reading ! .....Funny stuff, now I get it.

This is not funny at all. If a "doctor" often prescribes debilitating antipsychotics for children with conduct disorders, eating disorders, depression etc. what the hell do you think they might do to a child with "a connection to spirits". Hopefully the kid stopped posting before his parents found out, especially if they would take him to a doctor for this kind of thing.